More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was banging the same drum in January, but I'm still desperate for us to get another midfielder in.

When you look at the first team the obvious imbalances are no natural right winger and Shelvey. Shelvey has improved a fair amount under Howe, but he's still very limited and drifts into the same spaces as Bruno.

I get another striker is essential and we need more depth at CB, but it feels if we're trying to improve the first eleven, we need a player to compliment Bruno, however we decide to play him.

My thinking too, the Shelvey position is a very important one. I actually think Wilson is perfect for us up top and if he wasn’t so injury prone, I wouldn’t want him replaced.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was banging the same drum in January, but I'm still desperate for us to get another midfielder in.

When you look at the first team the obvious imbalances are no natural right winger and Shelvey. Shelvey has improved a fair amount under Howe, but he's still very limited and drifts into the same spaces as Bruno.

I get another striker is essential and we need more depth at CB, but it feels if we're trying to improve the first eleven, we need a player to compliment Bruno, however we decide to play him.

The fact that we were still struggling to get 40% possession during games throughout the second half of the season, makes this a must for me. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The fact that we were still struggling to get 40% possession during games throughout the second half of the season, makes this a must for me. 

Also one of the reasons we need good ball players from the back from CB's to full backs. Just look at the difference Trippier made when he first arrived. Really anyone who is prone to giving the ball away needs to be replaced.

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

48% vs Burnley

50% vs Arsenal. 

If we are thinking Wood will be leading the line next season then those stats are reliable. But I'm hoping it will be Wilson.

I'd like to see signings this summer in these positions.

In terms of order:

RW: Diaby, Raphina, Zaniolo, Sarr, McNeil

ST: Osimhen, Isak, Calvert-Lewin, Ekitike, Cornet

CB: Badashille, NDicka, Botman, Demiril

CAM: Paqueta, Eriksen, Fekir

DM: Haidara, Sangare, Fofana, Zinchenko

GK: Oblak, Pope, Areola, Kepa, Henderson

Getting even 1 of the first-choice ones would be amazing and would constitute a successful summer, 2 would be a game-changer. 

If it was me I'd slap the money down for Cannibaga, because it's a no-brainer. Then I'd focus on some prospects for RW, CB and FW. That's based on having a sensible transfer policy. I won't complain if we go out and spend £500mill replacing the first XI but I can't see that happening.

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

48% vs Burnley

50% vs Arsenal. 

If we are thinking Wood will be leading the line next season then those stats are reliable. But I'm hoping it will be Wilson.

The fact we got 48% against Burnley also backs up my point. Our possession stats with Wilson pre injury were still not getting over the 40% mark. A midfield starting with Shelvey or Longstaff is not going to dominate games. 

Edited by et tu brute

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The fact we got 48% against Burnley also backs up my point. Our possession stats with Wilson ore injury were still not getting over the 40% mark. A midfield starting with Shelvey or Longstaff is not going to dominate games. 

Wolves had 64% possession, away to Burnley.

But they lost.

Edited by Happinesstan

51 minutes ago, TRon said:

Also one of the reasons we need good ball players from the back from CB's to full backs. Just look at the difference Trippier made when he first arrived. Really anyone who is prone to giving the ball away needs to be replaced.

Joelinton gives the ball away loads. We need more football in midfield.

26 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

We do if we're going to go to the next stage. 

Agreed. We don't need to do tiki-taka but we need to be able to hold the ball at times.

46-50% even. I think we are low 40's now and it's hard to sustain top 6/8 position consistently getting 42% possession.

42 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Joelinton gives the ball away loads. We need more football in midfield.

He does, and I say that as someone who's defended him mostly, he's got a lot of good attributes. We need someone with his qualities such as physicality, work rate and mobility, but a little more cultured on the ball if we want to progress to the next level. That would be some midfielder mind.

39 minutes ago, Smal said:

I don’t really get it. You can’t sign players under 18 from abroad anymore, can you? We’d be paying £20m for him to stay there the next couple of years.

Thay was my understanding too. We could never sign U18s from outside the EU, now we've left the EU we can't sign U18s from there either.

44 minutes ago, Smal said:

I don’t really get it. You can’t sign players under 18 from abroad anymore, can you? We’d be paying £20m for him to stay there the next couple of years.

Yes, that's what one of the reports I read said.

We'd be paying to secure his transfer once he turns 18. Now, you'd imagine if we are doing that it will probably be £2 million fee now another £2 million next year, and the rest once he comes over, or something along those lines.

With all the recent Dwight McNeil talk, thought it was interesting where he ranks in the successful dribbles per game scale on this chart.

Also, as infuriating and frustrating as it would inevitably be, this chart shows just how outrageous it would be having Max on the left and Traore on the right from a dribbling perspective. Non stop highlight reels.

Edited by KaKa