More transfer rumours

midds

Bizarre post like, I’d get it if you were complaining about links to Burnley players but the fact that Milan, PSG and Dortmund are after these players should be enough to convince anyone that proper scouts rate them. Dortmund have a fantastic track record

3 minutes ago, duo said:

Defo need another Striker other than Ekitike

Agreed but I can't see it. We only play with 1 striker as it is, unless we get a cheeky bid for Chris Wood from a championship team.

I like Burn, but he's massively overrated by our fans. A settled Botman is significant improvement.

With Ekitike, you're looking at a deputy to Wilson, but with a huge potential ceiling. The fact we can rotate him with ASM or Wilson means they're less likely to break down too.

I think both would  be very good additions to the squad, but the key ones for me after that are a central midfielder and a right winger, if we want to move to the next level. Shelvey and Fraser will hold us back otherwise.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I find it strange that all the noise about Ekitike being a special kid, and all there is its us and some whisper from PSG and Dortmund. I am not sold on him at all. All the clips reminds me of the Joelinton clips. Why are we always after big strikers with not enough pace. Why not the David type of striker? Same goes for Botman. Its us and Milan. The Milan link is strong so he cant be a bad player. But as Shearergol says we are not nailed on top 10 with these signings.

I'm pretty sure the Dortmind, PSG and Newcastle scouts that have watched him for months, will have a better idea than us lot after watching a YouTube compilation.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Bizarre post like, I’d get it if you were complaining about links to Burnley players but the fact that Milan, PSG and Dortmund are after these players should be enough to convince anyone that proper scouts rate them. Dortmund have a fantastic track record

They are not pushing so cant be that serious, but i really hope im wrong.

If we could get Bruno and Trippier in January, I'm confident we can lure similar talent during the offseason, especially if all we've done since then is upgrade the executive staff and facilities. Deadline day might be busy, and that's not ideal but it's essentially year 1 of a revolution.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

If we could get Bruno and Trippier in January, I'm confident we can lure similar talent during the offseason, especially if all we've done since then is upgrade the executive staff and facilities. Deadline day might be busy, and that's not ideal but it's essentially year 1 of a revolution.

Yeah, and the fact we seem close at least to Botman and Ekitike, I don't think we have to be too worried about attracting top players.

Villa signing Botman and Kamara is a decent barometer of what we're letting go too - we obviously have a few up our sleeve.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think people are sleeping on Ekitike like. I get young players are a risk, especially from abroad, but the timing of his runs looks impeccable and he looks calm as fuck in front of goal. 

Thierry Henry was a risk. 

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think people are sleeping on Ekitike like. I get young players are a risk, especially from abroad, but the timing of his runs looks impeccable and he looks calm as fuck in front of goal. 

Lets hope you are right. Many have complained about not signing young hot shots but now we are. Its just that we badly need players in who are upgrades.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I like Burn, but he's massively overrated by our fans. A settled Botman is significant improvement.

With Ekitike, you're looking at a deputy to Wilson, but with a huge potential ceiling. The fact we can rotate him with ASM or Wilson means they're less likely to break down too.

I think both would  be very good additions to the squad, but the key ones for me after that are a central midfielder and a right winger, if we want to move to the next level. Shelvey and Fraser will hold us back otherwise.

I’d be shocked if we pay out on a top quality CM this summer tbh, although I completely agree it should be a priority.

Folk need to calm the fuck down. Mid table is a significant improvement than hanging on by the fingertips. It’ll take time to convince players that we’re worth the risk. If the French lad and Botman are fannying about, fuck them. Move on. I’d rather have Toney anyway 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm pretty sure the Dortmind, PSG and Newcastle scouts that have watched him for months, will have a better idea than us lot after watching a YouTube compilation.

Sure, but its not difficult to spot a good player. With the Joelinton deal they failed (as a striker), and they were over possessed signing him no matter what.

6 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Folk need to calm the fuck down. Mid table is a significant improvement than hanging on by the fingertips. It’ll take time to convince players that we’re worth the risk. If the French lad and Botman are fannying about, fuck them. Move on. I’d rather have Toney anyway 

Toney seems like a grade a tosspot

18 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

i need to go back and do some youtube scouting, I seem to remember thinking he scuffed a lot of his goals. Could be wrong and definitely doesn’t mean he wouldn’t improve but never crossed my mind he would be classed as a massive signing, always thought of him as a one for the future. 

If a 19 year old scored a goal or made an assist every game for over half a season he would probably go for over 700m. He was hardly scoring against minnows either, pretty much all of his goals were against top 10 teams. Only 1 game he scored or assisted more than once too, so his numbers aren't padded out by 1 or 2 games.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Toney seems like a grade a tosspot

So fuck? I don’t want to marry him. I want him to score goals and he’s a 15 goal a season striker like we’ve not had in years. Your bus driver might be a cunt but he still gets you to where you need to go. 

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

i need to go back and do some youtube scouting, I seem to remember thinking he scuffed a lot of his goals. Could be wrong and definitely doesn’t mean he wouldn’t improve but never crossed my mind he would be classed as a massive signing, always thought of him as a one for the future. 

He did scuff a couple like - the 'welcome to Newcastle vid' is decent for more than just goals though. Don;t think it's on there but his last goal was a thunder bastard.

Cringey as fuck how quick people are to say "fuck them, move on". Firstly because we don't know which parts of the media reporting are true and secondly, even if x player hasn't made his mind up yet, why should we rush them and potentially put them off the move?

We aren't trying to sign these lads because they might be good in August, we are trying to sign them because they could potentially send us into a new era of success over the length of their contracts.

What if Botman turns out as good as Van Dijk? Is he worth waiting until August 31st or whatever the deadline is?

Just calm the fuck down, go and have a beer or whatever and let Ashworth (who is an absolute boss at this stuff) get on with his job.

7 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

So fuck? I don’t want to marry him. I want him to score goals and he’s a 15 goal a season striker like we’ve not had in years. Your bus driver might be a cunt but he still gets you to where you need to go. 

I think if anything, what Eddie wants is togetherness. You obviously don't follow us much if you think otherwise. They look like they would fight to the death for each other.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Same here. Apparently we can't attract better though. And laughed at for suggesting otherwise?🤔

No you got laughed at for suggesting we could beat Man City to Phillips and Barca or Spurs to Raphinha there is a massive difference