More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Huh, Lingard slagged the toon off? Or someone else? What did they say?

I heard it was Everton he slagged off and said it would be a last resort if he joined them. Haven’t seen him say anything bad about Newcastle. 

1 hour ago, Toonjam88 said:

I heard it was Everton he slagged off and said it would be a last resort if he joined them. Haven’t seen him say anything bad about Newcastle. 

I read he said he’d like to stay in the north west and would be open to a move to Everton.

19 minutes ago, LV said:

Shame I don’t trust a word he says 

Yep, Babosa (mini) saga smacked of the player wanting a move and his representatives/bored journos grasping for links. Shame in a way as  think he could do a job/would be decent. 

I'd take Lingard on £50k+good bonuses, on a 2 year deal. He'd be a decent option. Sadly it sounds like he thinks he warrants 3x the wages and twice the contract length.

If that's the case he'd become a millstone around the club's neck after a couple of seasons like Nicky Butt, Geremi, Alan Smith etc who all came to us for "one last payday" and stopped way beyond where they were even remotely useful, yet continued to bleed us dry.

No thanks. We're headed in a different direction now.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Above article also says we are interested in Hudson-Odoi and Anthony Gordon 

CHO would be very high up on my list of targets tbh. He could be a special player with some coaching and a season of guaranteed starts.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I would be in dream world if we got Diaby. I just can't see it. Bailey's article says £40m could do it. That seems too low, realistically it would surely by closer to £50m. 

Hudson-Odoi would also be a great signing.

Could work a deal £40m+ add ons

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Nope. Don't see it at all. Injuries and a lack of game time has stalled his development.

He needs to leave Chelsea for his potential to have any chance of being recognised imho.

I'd say the same for Loftus-Cheek too tbf but both have massive potential.

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I would be in dream world if we got Diaby. I just can't see it. Bailey's article says £40m could do it. That seems too low, realistically it would surely by closer to £50m. 

Hudson-Odoi would also be a great signing.

Assume a lot of add ons would take it closer to 50