More transfer rumours

midds

This is where I’m hoping the “if a player becomes available then we’ll go for him even if he isn’t in the original plan” line bears fruit.

He’d be an absolute star for us.

Edited by bowlingcrofty

4 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

This is where I’m hoping the “if a player becomes available then we’ll go for him even if he isn’t in the original plan” line bears fruit.

Man if he went to Arsenal I would cry myself to sleep for an year. 

Way to many ars supporter friends I have made fun of for Bruno. Dont want to give them this chance. 

Even tho our plan was to «wait» for Paqueta we should just go all out now if this is true. 

Usually when a player hands in a transfer request it’s to force through a transfer, usually at that stage the player has already agreed everything with the buying club.

Arsenal seem to be the main club linked, not sure who they plan on him replacing because they are pretty well stocked in his position. Maybe he is their Raphinia backup in which case they will be playing him out of position and he will start the season as back up to Saka. Even if they plan to play him centrally, they have Odergaard who is captain if im not mistaken, and haven’t they just spent big on that Vieira from Porto who also plays the same position?

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Usually when a player hands in a transfer request it’s to force through a transfer, usually at that stage the player has already agreed everything with the buying club.

Arsenal seem to be the main club linked, not sure who they plan on him replacing because they are pretty well stocked in his position. Maybe he is their Raphinia backup in which case they will be playing him out of position and he will start the season as back up to Saka. Even if they plan to play him centrally, they have Odergaard who is captain if im not mistaken, and haven’t they just spent big on that Vieira from Porto who also plays the same position?

5 sub rule next year, plenty of rotation with teams potentially swapping compete midfield or whatever on say 70 min mark.

Having quality packed squads with little filler next season will be such an advantage.

Just now, Gawalls said:

5 sub rule next year, plenty of rotation with teams potentially swapping compete midfield or whatever on say 70 min mark.

Having quality packed squads with little filler next season will be such an advantage.

Going to make it much harder for us to break in 

Does the ‘Twitter Nonsense’ thread crash anyone else’s browser at the moment? 

Asking in here because I can’t get in to it to post. It loads half the page then freezes and I have to close my browser and reload the whole forum. Weird. 

Just now, LV said:

Does the ‘Twitter Nonsense’ thread crash anyone else’s browser at the moment? 

Asking in here because I can’t get in to it to post. It loads half the page then freezes and I have to close my browser and reload the whole forum. Weird. 

Mine too, Safari on iPhone. It’s the only one, must be the Adam Pearson effect.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Going to make it much harder for us to break in 

Yep, Chelsea have a huge advantage in my opinion with their squad and the way they’re buying.

We’ll get there in a few seasons time when we’ve reduced wages bill, made a few more quality signings, new advertising is in place etc and people will take us more seriously.

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Yeah I’m on safari too. 

It’s only happened since last night so I wonder if one of the links on there has screwed something up. 

Crashes on Chrome too.

1 minute ago, snakzz said:

Man will we really not have Paqueta here with Bruno??

Imagine Arsenal qualify for CL and we dont manage in the next years and Paqueta tricks Bruno over to Ars ??

In other news, it is July 2022. We’ve got the wherewithal to attract Paqueta  and other options of that calibre, we can’t make people join us and it wouldn’t be sensible to try and ‘buy willingness’. Sounds like we’ve got a shot; if he doesn’t want to come, then next. But at present he might well want to. I’m just cautiously imagining that rather than dwelling on an imaginary catastrophic collapse of dominoes. 

7 hours ago, SteV said:

Why would he not go to Arsenal?

Arsenal would be more willing to splash on wages you’d imagine. 

But we’d be able to outbid them every round if required.

Edited by RodneyCisse

If it is between us and Arsenal then to be honest you only go to Arsenal if you are more bothers about looking good but not actually being good, same with Man Utd.

With us, we have a long term plan in place, we are building a team to go somewhere.

As much as the Jesus signing for them was brilliant, I don’t feel like there is a plan at Arsenal and they are just buying to fill holes and tried to get the biggest name they could afford/attract to fill the hole upfront, and look like they are doing something.

I think long term, Arsenal and Man Utd are on the decline. I’m not saying we’ll win something or the title, but in 3-5 years time you’ll probably be looking at all 3 clubs and saying we are likely to challenge before they do.

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Always felt if he joined it would be late on in the window once we’ve got our main targets. They’ve played the sensible money card very well, and this would be against that, but like you say, it’s the one outside of the plan and why we had to make an exception. 

I think now he’s put it out there he’ll be coming. 

You'd think if we were interested in him we'd have got him by now. However, we wanted Botman since January and only just got him so there could be many many reasons. You'd like to think we would be his first choice if a bid came in, just have to hope our bid is one Lyon would accept over anyone else's.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

You'd think if we were interested in him we'd have got him by now. However, we wanted Botman since January and only just got him so there could be many many reasons. You'd like to think we would be his first choice if a bid came in, just have to hope our bid is one Lyon would accept over anyone else's.

We just have to bid the most?

2 minutes ago, snakzz said:

We just have to bid the most?

Yes in this case we probably do. That's not always the case though. Sometimes a club can have by far the highest bid yet the player will turn them down in favour of another club. 

I know you were trying to be funny but it didn't really work O0