More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, joeyt said:

Harrisson would be alright. Perhaps a bit underwhelming but he's a good player

Would certainly be underwhelming. Think there are some on here that would be delighted with a new signing just coz it’s a new signing. Harrison and Traore ffs :lol:

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

So what you're saying is that Isak has been a non-starter all summer and if Hope knew that Edwards probably knew this too, at a time when the club has been very tight lipped, Edwards with not much to write about, does an article that he knew would generate clicks by saying Isak was a target, then a few days later squashed that same link as he also knew that would get clicks. 

Shameless :lol: 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Harrison would be alright. Perhaps a bit underwhelming but he's a good player

Just a tad underwhelming going from a full French international in Diaby to Harrison. And if we pay a hefty wedge for him, pfft. We'll see I suppose. Not worth getting agitated over. :lol:

Just now, 54 said:

So what you're saying is that Isak has been a non-starter all summer and if Hope knew that Edwards probably knew this too, at a time when the club has been very tight lipped, Edwards with not much to write about, does an article that he knew would generate clicks by saying Isak was a target, then a few days later squashed that same link as he also knew that would get clicks. 

Craig Hope wrote about it and went on talksport talking about it man :lol:

Just now, 54 said:

Yeah, I think it is very clear now that Edwards is just making stuff up because he doesn't really have any information.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

For me, any new signing should be with the aim to take us towards to the top 6 (long term). 

Harrison, although a good Premier League player will never be of top 6 quality.

Aye but we need those stepping stone players to get there

The biggest reason I want someone like Paqueta is that when we play some teams that sit back then we need something special in the last third. Both to keep possession and to create more goal scoring opportunities. Willock is an attacking midfielder but not an effective one if the team isn’t in transition from defense to attack and when there is space to run into. Right now we barely have anything from the wide areas even, unless ASM is having a good day or if we count Trippier and his end product  with crosses. Bruno can be creative but ideally someone like Paqueta and a RW to add to him will make as levels better in many ways. Even ASM struggles when teams sit back a lot. 

7 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I agree he is a lad cunt however it does appear we are looking at a slow build 

not that it will please PIF / Bruno / Botman/ Trippier 

maybe PCP capital can’t afford their 10% of the transfers …hence their line (patience is a virtue / slow build) 

i am sure PIF have the cash but PCP arent cash rich ? 

hence the £10m loan from Ashley to speed up the takeover which was odd 

Wood

Burn

Targett 

Pope

all seem to be signings to help the slow build and don’t cost a fortune 

took a while to sack Bruce due to the size of the payoff……as well as negotiate with Ashworth for his settlement figure to drop 

maybe we will only pay (our price) as PCP have a restricted budget ?

Im just waiting until the 1st September, which is the time to judge and take stock. Again I'm pretty confident we will have the players and positions covered by that date. I take no notice of all the clickbait, because there is no way the owners will be discussing the transfer business with the media. All I've seen is just pure guesswork and clickbait updates.

One reporter I also guarantee will be getting no information from the owners is that bald cunt. Each to their own if people want to take notice, but as mentioned, I'll wait until the window closes. 

20 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Oh, fuck off.

Probably the most sensible response to anything coming from Luke Baldwards. Us refusing to get our eyes pulled out on every deal translates as Newcastle hopes dashed again in this sad bastard's world.

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Aye but we need those stepping stone players to get there

Harrison is a mid table player. We're already a mid table club. It is a wasted signing. I'd rather keep the money back until January or next summer than sign him.

Signing mid table players for 30m+ is what has killed Everton. We need to avoid it at all costs.

Harrison would be a great addition for where we at currently, I’m not expecting us to be able to consistently pull off signing players that would hopefully be mainstays in the starting 11 for the next 5 years to come (Diaby, Isak). Harrison would be a step below those two but the bonus is he is a known quantity in the prem and we might expect to get a bit more out of him yet, the type of player that starts for the next 2/3 seasons and becomes a key member of the squad even if he ends up being replaced in the starting 11 by then.. he’s also seems the likely option not just because the fee/wage for him should be reasonably lower than the other two mentioned players but he fits the bill of exactly what Howe seems to like (British, prem experience and a good personality that will fit in around here).

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

18 goals and 10 assists in 76 games, from the wing, in the league we're in, is exactly what we're looking for.

Just to follow on from this, I know stats don't tell you everything, but the lad on the other side of the pitch who everyone would have been over the moon about signing, got 17 goals and 12 assists in the same two seasons (albeit in 10 fewer games overall)

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Harrison is a mid table player. We're already a mid table club. It is a wasted signing. I'd rather keep the money back until January or next summer than sign him.

Signing mid table players for 30m+ is what has killed Everton. We need to avoid it at all costs.

He's better than what we have currently on the wings, except ASM.

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Very simplistic way of looking at it here, the situation of signing ‘mid table’ players runs a lot deeper than this. 

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

18 goals and 10 assists in 76 games, from the wing, in the league we're in, is exactly what we're looking for.

Can't argue with those numbers like.

There's plenty of exciting prospects out there, I think we are just biding our time and seeing which players become available at the right price. For around £20m each we could probably get Kalimuendo and Asensio for example, that would hardly be bad business. I think the only reason we aren't going there is because we believe we can still get better, although might have to be patient.

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Chris Waugh: Newcastle have bought themselves time behind the scenes and are relaxed about bringing in attackers. Isak has been discussed, but is unlikely to happen due to his clubs' valuation. Other than that it's hard to get information from the club at the moment.

Luke Edwards: Newcastle abandon Isak transfer causing total chaos behind the scenes. Sources have told me that despite being aware of player valuations for months, they've suddenly thrown their entire transfer list in the bin and Dan Ashworth has had to be pulled from the roof of SJP. 

:mike:

20 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

i am sure PIF have the cash but PCP arent cash rich ? 

hence the £10m loan from Ashley to speed up the takeover which was odd 

Also with PCP they will have their shares diluted in the not too distant future (Staveley has already hinted at this). We are currently getting round their lack of cash by investing additional money (see January). Obviously this is a short term option, hence why the shares will be diluted.

25 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Wood should have been better than what he's produced going off previous seasons. We certainly over paid regardless of form, but right now it looks like a full write off of the fee and wages we'll not be able to shake easily. 

I'm hoping next season with pressure off he gets to play with Wilson and starts to add something to the team. Well it can't get any worse.

Agree with the sentiment but I'm hoping he doesn't get to play next season [emoji38]

Edited by Sean