More transfer rumours

midds

Guest HTT II

He’s a very very good player, but he’s not a player we need right now IMO. I’d much prefer the more dynamic Paqueta, who can play the 10 but other roles and positions too. And he’d cost less you’d imagine!

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

This also isn’t Mine Ashley’s Newcastle, if we have bid that much and are going back in, I’m certain we have sounded him out and he’s interested.

The article says he's interested in the move. Really hope we do up the offer like, do wonder if we did this deal, whether we would still go for a winger?

1 minute ago, Geordie Magpie said:

The article says he's interested in the move. Really hope we do up the offer like, do wonder if we did this deal, whether we would still go for a winger?

The article does not say he’s interested.

A NE reporter said it was “thought” he was keen. 

Just now, STM said:

Maddison can play on the wing, I think that is the whole point.

Correction, we’ve played him on the wing. Whether he’s any good there is rather debatable, few Leicester fans ever want him out there as he’s not a winger. 

Just now, Foxedup said:

Correction, we’ve played him on the wing. Whether he’s any good there is rather debatable, few Leicester fans ever want him out there as he’s not a winger. 

Would you have Paqueta as his replacement that is the question

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s a very very good player, but he’s not a player we need right now IMO. I’d much prefer the more dynamic Paqueta, who can play the 10 but other roles and positions too. And he’d cost less you’d imagine!

I agree with you but I’m also very content with whatever moves they make to be honest. They clearly do their homework and look at all factors unlike the shambles under Ashley. If they think x player fits the bill then so be it.

If we Are interested in Maddison its just plain stupid to skip Paqueta tbh. 

Alot cheaper, best bud with bruno and I think bigger potentional. 

Edited by snakzz

If this is true, we could be signing him to play as a wide playmaker. Quite a big tactic in preseason has been 2 of the midfield 3 overlapping wingers on the outside and the wingers moving in, as well as having support from full backs.

Alternatively, he could form that final piece of the midfield 3.

Maddison puts up Paqueta-like numbers in a harder league. Paqueta is more of a unit and would add slightly more defensively.

For Maddison himself, he probably needs to move if he wants to play for England. Maybe Howe can sell him us as a platform to take him higher. As it is, he's well behind Mount with Bellingham getting established too.

13 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

My brother in laws a Leicester season ticket holder and agrees with this. Said pretty much the same to me in the pub last night.

27 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

The issue is a bloated squad and wages. Next summer we have loads of dross out of contract and it frees up huge amounts of cash. It’s a short term issue. 

But the question is still are you willing to drop ~£25m on Maddison not signing a new contract? (obviously it’s total conjecture at this point whether he will or won’t, could just be his agent prepping for negotiations)

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

If this is true, we could be signing him to play as a wide playmaker. Quite a big tactic in preseason has been 2 of the midfield 3 overlapping wingers on the outside and the wingers moving in, as well as having support from full backs.

Alternatively, he could form that final piece of the midfield 3.

someone read the athletic yesterday ?

Think Maddison would be a great signing, finally something to wet the rumor mill apitite. He would also give us more threat from outside the box with his ball striking ability, which  has been woeful for a while. Only Schar can twat the ball with conviction from outside the box. 

Edited by Schecter