More transfer rumours

midds

Now that's more like it. What a fucking signing that would be and the sort of player I think we will go the extra to secure. Surprised if there's not a bigger club go for him though?

9 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

Put it this way, we’d rather sell him for £30m next summer than accept £40m this summer. With his numbers, his age and being English we’d get that in a heart beat. 

Every position is worth about £3m. So him bumping us 4 places makes us an extra £12m. Just not worth it for that cash. 

Not like we don’t have other assets. We’re more likely to sell Fofana for £75m+ to Chelsea if we get desperate. 

Sell him this summer and you probably get somewhere in the region of £50m, give or take. Next summer it’s half that. 

If you think he’s worth £25m to you this season then you keep him. If you think you could use that £50m to bring in someone that’ll improve you for the next 4-5 years, you’ll probably sell him.

Two years left on a contract is always tricky.

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe Pacqueta doesn’t want to come ? Him being Bruno’s mate doesn’t mean he wants to sign for us which a lot of people seem to believe. 

Agreed - I’ve never once accepted a job because “my friend works there”

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Sell him this summer and you probably get somewhere in the region of £50m, give or take. Next summer it’s half that. 

If you think he’s worth £25m to you this season then you keep him. If you think you could use that £50m to bring in someone that’ll improve you for the next 4-5 years, you’ll probably sell him.

Two years left on a contract is always tricky.

Villa paid £25m for Danny Ings with one year left. And Maddison is another level, he should be in the England squad. I think the club would be happy to take that risk unless a £60m+ bid appears this summer. 

14 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Great player, but he's a proper little weasel. I'd much rather we went for a relative unknown of similar standing. Petty as fuck, I know. 

I'd of course be over the moon if we got him, because he'd improve us massively going forward. 

I’ve made similar comments on here, think my blood was boiling back in December when he dived for that pen.

Would be happy to forgive and forget his weaselness if we signed him like. 

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Agreed - I’ve never once accepted a job because “my friend works there”

He’s being linked with the likes of City as well, we certainly would be far from his first choice 

Strange link considering he's neither a winger or striker. Patchy player and a cheating little weasel too, but his numbers (very similar to KDB's last season) don't lie.

Hate to bring him up for the millionth time, but if we're looking in that position, I'd go for Paqueta and keep some cash aside.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Strange link considering he's neither a winger or striker. Patchy player and a cheating little weasel too, but his numbers (very similar to KDB's last season) don't lie.

Hate to bring him up for the millionth time, but if we're looking in that position, I'd go for Paqueta and keep some cash aside.

Maybe we wanted Paqueta but he doesn’t want to come here.

I imagine the budget is less of an issue with someone like Maddison as he'll be viewed as a long term signing. Splashing 25m+ on the likes of Sarr would still leave us needing to strengthen the RW in the coming years so you're not really getting the full value out of your expenditure.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Not a link I was expecting at all. Would take a hefty lump of cash and for a player most suited to a position we don't really use?

If we could still bring in someone like Dennis who can play across the front three I guess it could make sense, but even he would be £20m+ you'd think and I can't see us spending another £70-80m.

Spoiler

...ah fuck it, we can dream right?

Bruno

Joelinton --- Maddison

Dennis ----- Wilson ----- Maxi

:bluestar:

Just now, Yorkie said:

Now it's very public you'd expect the likes of Spurs to come in now too.

Yeah, assume it’s been leaked by Leicester to demonstrate they’re willing to sell at the right price.

Aye, it's got bidding war all over it. Not to be a doom-monger but I'm not really raising my hopes here like. :lol:

Nice to have it confirmed what calibre of player we're after.