More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Love this whole conversation.

On a day to day basis though, I think Dele is one of those that needs a manager that is more positive and upbeat with their encouragement of him, which isn't really Mourinho's forte when the season gets up and running and things start getting tough.

Think he'd be a good fit with Howe.

Quite interesting that his form

dropped off a cliff when Poch left- obviously there have been several

rumours about him being wanted at PSG so I guess they have a mutual appreciation. Shame that Alli can’t seem to bring himself up to Mourinho, Nuno and Conte standards though. 

Think he's 10 years too late at Spurs - he would have loved playing for Redknapp.

"MK Don's, National Team. BANG!" At some point he's taken his foot of the gas, and doesn't have that killing hunger that forced Poch to throw him straight in and saw him through the first few seasons of his career.

Towards Pochettino's end he eventually pissed him off, and his form tanked. Mourinho became at his whits end with him, and now it seems Conte has given a limited chance he hasn't taken. 

Poch, Mourinho, Conte - three managers that all share a core tenant that you need to sweat and eat grass to play for them. I'm in Mourinho's camp on this one.... 

Edited by Clockwork Cheese

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I was having a laugh to those sensitive souls who get worked up[emoji38]

Steer clear of Choudhury though from what Ive seen in seriousness. 

Get him in just for round 2 against Ritchie IMO. 

10 minutes ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Think he's 10 years too late at Spurs - he would have loved playing for Redknapp.

"MK Don's, National Team. BANG!" At some point he's taken his foot of the gas, and doesn't have that killing hunger that forced Poch to throw him straight in and saw him through the first few seasons of his career.

Towards Pochettino's end he eventually pissed him off, and his form tanked. Mourinho became at his whits end with him, and now it seems Conte has given a limited chance he hasn't taken. 

Poch, Mourinho, Conte - three managers that all share a core tenant that you need to sweat and eat grass to play for them. I'm in Mourinho's camp on this one.... 

Yeah, Redknapp is the exact sort of manager that would have got the best out of him.

He comes across as being a bit cocky, but it's all a front. The guy isn't that confident I don't think, and needs a manager that can cajole a performance out of him.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, Redknapp is the exact sort of manager that would have got the best out of him.

He comes across as being a bit cocky, but it's all a front. The guy isn't that confident I don't think, and needs a manager that can cajole a performance out of him.

Bit highlighted makes me think to compare Shelvey's slow, painful fall from grace to where he is now - albeit having the success in first few years. League 1 club to top Premier League club. 

Liverpool had that Doc with Rodger's first pre-season, remember him not really taking to Shelvey then. Jonjo has always come across cocky, but every couple of years he'll come out and do an interview professing to finally live up to his talent/hype and you can see he's not confident and it being a front.  

He's an enigma when you think about it, as Pochettino essentially developed him and got him performing to a point where he was one of the best young players in Europe and was smashing all sorts of stats for his age in comparison to Lampard/Gerrard. Poch is million miles away from what Redknapp was, or what a modern day interpretation of a Redknapp motivator type.

Used to always seem to have that bit of shithouse in him on the pitch, which personally I don't mind - albeit annoying when your a fan on the wrong end of. On the Doc he comes across as if he just doesn't give a shit; the exact sort of big time bastard attitude you'd expect him to have in a parallel universe where he's still at MK Don's - sour that he never got his move, all talent, no application.

Spurs fans will probably be able to pin point where he fell off. Can remember talk that Man United/Mourinho were interested, rumours of Real Madrid. Wouldn't be surprised that he became disenchanted when Levy told him he's staying put, and to swivel for a bigger deal. Instead of getting his head down, he let it get to him and he's now too far gone. 

Can only dream to have watch the dressing downs Conte has given him if that's what Mourinho had to say.   

Think if Ali was in a team where he was one of the most important players and treated like by manager and players he would improve. Not sure if he will ever get back to the player he was but if he was 90% of that it would be a huge improvement on what we have. 

4 minutes ago, HWTL said:

Think if Ali was in a team where he was one of the most important players and treated like by manager and players he would improve. Not sure if he will ever get back to the player he was but if he was 90% of that it would be a huge improvement on what we have. 

Just a 5 month spell on loan where he has a good run of form will do.

I know it hasn’t been seen as a priority, but if the rumour mill is correct (ha!), I reckon Leno would be a cracking signing.  I don’t think it can be understated just how much our piss poor goalkeepers are making our piss poor back line even more nervous than they would be otherwise.

Probably just the usual paper talk - but for me it would sit alongside our centre halves and centre mids in terms of an obvious area to strengthen.  The team’s spine is shite 

1 hour ago, MarkyMark said:

I know it hasn’t been seen as a priority, but if the rumour mill is correct (ha!), I reckon Leno would be a cracking signing.  I don’t think it can be understated just how much our piss poor goalkeepers are making our piss poor back line even more nervous than they would be otherwise.

Probably just the usual paper talk - but for me it would sit alongside our centre halves and centre mids in terms of an obvious area to strengthen.  The team’s spine is shite 

As someone who follows Arsenal quite closely due to having a ton of friends that support them, I'm really not sure about Leno at all.

3 hours ago, HWTL said:

Not sure if he will ever get back to the player he was but if he was 90% of that it would be a huge improvement on what we have. 

If he has 2 functional legs he'll be a huge improvement on what we have.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Each to their own but I’d take Dubs over Leno everyday of the week 🤷‍♂️ 

I don't even know why Leno is even being discussed tbh. Dubs is the least of our problems. 

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

Most of my mates support Arsenal too, Leno gets beaten near post far too often. He's better than Dubravka though 

Yeah, Leno can be very shaky. Dean Henderson is who we should be aiming for, even if it means waiting till the summer.

Dubravka isn't the same player under Rafa and at his stage of his career he isn't bringing it back round, it's downhill from here and here isn't good enough. 

A new keeper which commands and organises, someone the defence can rely on will reduce the panic we keep seeing. No one on the pitch trusts ours keepers and for good reason.

22 days into the window and we have signed 2 players, neither in the most key areas (CB, CM). Although Wood was very important after Wilson’s injury. 

If you had known that on Jan 1st would you have been okay with it? 

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

22 days into the window and we have signed 2 players, neither in the most key areas (CB, CM). Although Wood was very important after Wilson’s injury. 

If you had known that on Jan 1st would you have been okay with it? 

Would you fuck, it’s an abstract failure by the owners, they will panic next week and we will end up with the likes of Phil Jones and Hamza Choudhury on high wages for stupid money, Watford and Everton had players quite sharp and we just pissed around 

Edited by nufcnick