More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, scotia1997 said:

New on this fourm mate, I'm from Glasgow. Hadn't read back of previous pages. Seen the deal was kinda close wasn't sure how close though.

:thup: Welcome mate.

According to Edwards (and the other tweet just posted on here), it’s off.

Frustrating imo, hopefully we get a LB in soon.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How many frustrated with the Bakker deal supposedly being off have seen him play ?

Not so much him specifically (although what I saw of him looked quality) but more the continuation of deals being on then off again.

Edited by Kid Icarus

8 minutes ago, Manxst said:

They’re an Italian source dealing with an Italian club. About as reliable as your beloved Luke.

I couldn’t really care less about Edwards, tbh.

I just think it’s really embarrassing when a journalist posts a negative story they are pulled up as wrong, fake, etc.

The same journalist posts good news and it’s accepted as fact.

It’s very RTG, magedia etc.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Bakker is probably just another one we've enquired about that's been made more of in the media. Most 'bids' aren't actually bids after all.

I would imagine we've got a pretty wide net on all positions in case we can't get our primary targets, so the links might even be genuine, but the bids probably haven't gone in at this point while we are still chasing our preferred players.

3 minutes ago, scotia1997 said:

Bakker one I was surprised at, Leverkusen not had him at the club long. 

This. If you're selling after 6 months, there has to be a really compelling reason. A few £m profit didn't seem to be it.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I would imagine we've got a pretty wide net on all positions in case we can't get our primary targets, so the links might even be genuine, but the bids probably haven't gone in at this point while we are still chasing our preferred players.

Yep, you'd imagine so.

I think it was Downie (along with others) who said that general interest or an enquiry is often presented in the media aa a bid to spice up the story. A majority of those enquiries won't even materialise into a bid.

That's before you consider the amount of agent shenanigans that'll be taking place. It's difficult to know what is genuine in the click bait era.

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

This. If you're selling after 6 months, there has to be a really compelling reason. A few £m profit didn't seem to be it.

It doesn't make any sense for him to be leaving, pretty sure he signed there on a 4 year deal from what I've read. A regular starter for them aswell.

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

When does the window close? Feels like if we don't get significant movement in next 48 hours we aren't going to get what we need.

Plenty of time to get deals done. Would make sense for the likes of Lingard to get tied up before the weekend. You'll be likely to see loans happen over the coming days then players signing I reckon.

To be honest after years of emotional detachment under Ashley I'm still finding it very hard to claw my way back in to giving a fuck about NUFC. Part of me is just so relieved to see him gone that I don't really care what happens - at least it's something different. Blaze of glory signings and easy survival, or car crash failure in the market and embarrassing relegation for PIF. At least the actors and the story has changed from the previous 14 years of utter pointlessness.

11 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

To be honest after years of emotional detachment under Ashley I'm still finding it very hard to claw my way back in to giving a fuck about NUFC. Part of me is just so relieved to see him gone that I don't really care what happens - at least it's something different. Blaze of glory signings and easy survival, or car crash failure in the market and embarrassing relegation for PIF. At least the actors and the story has changed from the previous 14 years of utter pointlessness.

Same. I just wish they did something super exciting. There is a lot of pragmatism, which makes sense, but would love just one Ben Arfa type signing - or investment in loads of exciting youth. That would rock