More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, James said:

Regardless, with exception of possibly Lingard, lack of fixtures means we can revert to the age old transfer window preference of all clubs and agents to run things right to the wire.

But, because the clubs we're trying to buy from don't really want to sell / won't sell without replacements, our position gets weaker every day closer to the end of the window.

30 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

But, because the clubs we're trying to buy from don't really want to sell / won't sell without replacements, our position gets weaker every day closer to the end of the window.

which is why they will wait and it is why we’ve done no regular business other than Trippier who had a gentleman’s agreement with Atletico and Wood who has a relegation release clause.

Think I’m going try to ignore the transfer stuff until 1st Feb.  It’s unclear to me what is going on - can’t tell if the goalposts are being moved, and if they are who’s advising the board to keep moving with them.  I’ve started to form an opinion on some at the club when I should wait until after the window closes to judge.

I hope we get what we need - can’t say I’m confident right now. 

Sick of hearing about agreed personal terms. Surely we’re just pissing off clubs if we’re not involving them at all until we’ve tapped up the player. Saying that Zapata is the player I’ve seen most excited about us getting this window so hopefully we can agree a fee

5 minutes ago, Wykikitoon said:

I thought that was banned as it's unsettling to a player.  I know if the shoe was on the other foot we would be fucked off.

thought I read somewhere that this is really some arsey loophole of agreeing "in principle" with the agent, who talks to the player on the clubs behalf. probably no real way to police or stop it.

Edited by thomas

Just now, gbandit said:

Sick of hearing about agreed personal terms. Surely we’re just pissing off clubs if we’re not involving them at all until we’ve tapped up the player. Saying that Zapata is the player I’ve seen most excited about us getting this window so hopefully we can agree a fee

It's just newspapers I am sure.