More transfer rumours

midds

Romano credited Edwards with Targett but fair enough if it was the Mail.

We should have a sticky for these rumours and who is reliable, didnt need it under Ashley but we get so many links these days its hard to weed out.

Tier 1 - If linked its concrete - Romano, Ornstein?

Tier 2 - Credible - Hope? Waugh? Edwards. Graves

Tier 3 - Occasionally right - Kaveh

Tier 4 - Media Bullshitters - Sky Italia, The Sun etc

Tier 5 -  Twitter ITKS - Burnsie etc

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

We should have a sticky for these rumours and who is reliable, didnt need it under Ashley but we get so many links these days its hard to weed out.

Romano is trash. Di Marzio (Tier 1) works for Sky Italia. 

10 minutes ago, TRC said:

Burnsie doesn't deserve a category. Unclassified due to his content being 100% made up shite.

46 minutes ago, Lenny said:

For someone that barely uses Twitter I find Romano useful in just keeping me up to date with what's going on. 

Yup. He's really useful for reliable info, might not break a whole lot of stories but it's accurate stuff consolidated into one place. 

38 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Lille is probably waiting for Aston Villa to come on the field.

But seriously, is it harder to negotiate with French clubs than other nations?

Not necessarily, we’re just doing things we haven’t in like 15/20 years and that’s go after players that a) the club they’re with don’t want to sell b) a host of other teams with ambitions are also trying to sign.

How the club conducts itself in this early phase will set the tone going forward so am sure they’re being cautious as well. It’s not about sticking to a budget but more trying to fiddle it in a way that allows us to spend wisely over the course of 3-5 years.

I think with just a few upgrades we could really challenge the top 8/6 this season, maybe not top 4, but that’s probably why they are being so careful now.

13 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I think it'a moreso the central midfield.

Bentacur & Hojbjerg isn't a top midfield and there's a big drop-off below them. If they can upgrade Hojbjerg but have him as back-up, they will be extremely serious.

Conte does like workhorses in midfield though. BUt he needs one that can pass it through the lines Thiago style.

Agreed, Hojbjerg was rated at one point but he's just a slightly above average midfielder, he's never going to be special.

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I think it's become increasingly obvious the local journos are no longer being briefed.

At the beginning of January, it seemed like we'd hear constant talk of "positive noise" coming from the club regarding Trippier, Botman and Carlos. Later in the window Wood, Bruno, and Targett all came quickly and relatively out of the blue. Interest in Burn wasn't picked up until it was reported by Brighton journos either.

Fast forward to the summer and the same names are being recycled. Henderson, Lodi, Botman, Ake, Paqueta, Diaby, Ekitike, DCL and Toney on loop. There's obviously genuine interest in some of those, but it wouldn't suprise me if we pick up another 2-3 players who aren't even being talked about at the moment. I don't think any of them have a clue what our plan is at the moment and long may it continue.

Yeah, I'm in complete agreement with this.

I'm glad too - I found it worrying when it felt like Staveley and Ghoudoussi could not stop briefing their usual hacks of choice - it cost us Emery (that worked out well of course, but that's not what was thought at the time) and was completely unprofessional.  Happily, lessons appear to have been learned - as supporters, we don't actually need to know who the club are 'in' for, I'd much rather that stuff was kept as confidential as possible.  My life is not improved in any way by football hacks undermining bids and approaches for players by desperately trying to be 'first'.

Luke Edwards is the latest to change his tune, with the budget moving from 60m to 80-100m today.  As if they'd actually tell the man who had spent the previous year and a bit briefing against them; Edwards's twitter feed is only a curio for anyone who wants to see a true Peter Finch in 'Network'-style breakdown in real time.

Ornstein is the main man.

Sky's Pete Graves and Downie do seem to only tweet transfer stuff now when its concrete.

Anything from Italy/France take with a pinch of salt.

Burnsie just take the worlds salt and block.

16 minutes ago, JP said:

Ornstein is the main man.

Sky's Pete Graves and Downie do seem to only tweet transfer stuff now when its concrete.

Anything from Italy/France take with a pinch of salt.

Burnsie just take the worlds salt and block.

Graves was giving it the old 👀 on twitter last week. Getting all the twitter masses sucked in. He's one of the worst the Dennis wise cock sacking Gosforth posh cunt