More transfer rumours

midds

Harrison is probably better than mid table aye. Personally I’d rather try and get someone like Madueke from PSV. Not sure how difficult it would be to get him or how much he would cost. But he could be very very after a season or so and will then after only get better and better. I reckon I’d rather give someone young like him a chance. A player that is very talented and good already and can grow with the club and won’t need to be replaced if things work out for him which seems rather likely. Would he cost much more than Harrison? Would say 35m or similar be enough? 

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

He'll still never be a top 6 player though and signing a player to go from 11th to 10th for 30+ million doesn't make sense to me.

Tbf, it made sense to all of the teams that had to work their way into that top 6. Man City, Spurs, and Chelsea all bought players that would end up not being good enough for them. 

We've probably been abit spoilt with the Bruno and Trippier signings, especially to bring those in during a relegation fight. 

Can understand how people might feel underwhelmed if we now start bringing in a lower quality of player in a stronger position. Ultimately our squad at the start of this season will looks miles better than the one we started with last campaign. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just to follow on from this, I know stats don't tell you everything, but the lad on the other side of the pitch who everyone would have been over the moon about signing, got 17 goals and 12 assists in the same two seasons (albeit in 10 fewer games overall)

I'm glad someone else pointed this out, because I couldn't be bothered to.

The 'he is never a top 6 player', or 'he is a mid-table player' kind of comments are so lazy.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf, it made sense to all of the teams that had to work their way into that top 6. Man City, Spurs, and Chelsea all bought players that would end up not being good enough for them. 

City and Chelsea didn't. They bought top end players immediately and if any didn't work out they replaced them immediately.

Due to FFP we don't have the luxury so a greater percentage of our signings need to be successful.

At best, you could argue Harrison is top 8 quality but I'm not convinced he'd start for the likes of Leicester and West Ham.

As mentioned above - let’s see how it all pans out 

We (as fans) have no say in transfers and we will just have to watch it all unfold.

it’s hard not to get excited when our owners come out and say we will be challenging in 5 years (now 4 !) ….yet reports say we can’t meet Harrisons’ Valuation 

You would of thought that a quick phone call to Isak or Diabys agent (or both clubs) to get an overview,  would have already happened …. before blindly chasing them for months ?

We have no real idea what’s happening behind the scenes ?

All I know is the top teams seem to be strengthening and at some point we are going to have to push the boat out, as these targeted players will end up elsewhere (which will put us a few steps back) 

We have what I believe is a very good manager who appears to have improved the majority if not all of our players…. but he will need help (if our aim is for Europe) as we need those extra 2 or 3 players with real class 

Obviously good recruitment is key and it doesn’t have to be star names 

Edited by JonBez comesock

8 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

If we can get Paqueta we should be all over it, I'd rather bring in class in a different position and make do with Fraser until other targets become available In following windows.

We won’t pay the money. We have a budget. What are some people not getting about that? We are being told it almost daily 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm glad someone else pointed this out, because I couldn't be bothered to.

The 'he is never a top 6 player', or 'he is a mid-table player' kind of comments are so lazy.

They aren't lazy. He would barely get any minutes for any of the top 6 clubs. Hence he isn't a top 6 player.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

We won’t pay the money. We have a budget. What are some people not getting about that? We are being told it almost daily 

Budget set by journalists, nothing from the owners. 

Edited by et tu brute

26 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Fofana would be class. A very very good and well rounded box to box CM. I don’t think we necessarily need a pure DM if there is enough athleticism in there. Can’t believe no one has signed him yet. Like made for the PL. like a more technical Sissoko with end product and a football img brain. Barely comparable apart from the physical side tbh.

Already confirmed he’s staying at Lens I think 

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

City and Chelsea didn't. They bought top end players immediately and if any didn't work out they replaced them immediately.

Due to FFP we don't have the luxury so a greater percentage of our signings need to be successful.

At best, you could argue Harrison is top 8 quality but I'm not convinced he'd start for the likes of Leicester and West Ham.

Man City and Chelsea did like. They bought loads of players who were never going to get them to the top, that's where we are now while we build up to that. Not saying we shouldn't get the best available, but you have to keep levelling up to get the very top players. 

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Harrison is probably better than mid table aye. Personally I’d rather try and get someone like Madueke from PSV. Not sure how difficult it would be to get him or how much he would cost. But he could be very very after a season or so and will then after only get better and better. I reckon I’d rather give someone young like him a chance. A player that is very talented and good already and can grow with the club and won’t need to be replaced if things work out for him which seems rather likely. Would he cost much more than Harrison? Would say 35m or similar be enough? 

I agree with this. However, the right wing is the one open spot in our starting 11 front three, and I think Howe wants to add someone that will definitely be productive there right away, because he wants to make sure we add more goals to the first team.

Diaby's output is so high in that position, that he was likely seen as viable even though he'd be coming in from abroad. Especially because he also has a profile that fits the Premier League wide player i.e. pace and athleticism.

Not sure Howe will be looking to add someone that is not quite as established/productive yet in that position, for this summer.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

What do you want them to say like? Don't worry everyone we've got 100s of millions to spend so every club can have our pants down ?

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Told by who :lol: You have no clue, neither do we, or the journalists (what our budget is) 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Some people in here are massive fans of Harrison aren’t they ? Not sure I get the hype when I’ve seen him play 

I'm not a massive fan, but I think he's very underrated. Wingers scoring 8 goals a season twice in a row for a relegation battling team normally have more hype around them. 

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Budget set by journalists nothing from the owners. 

All journalists pretty much saying same thing. I’m happy to be surprised but the way things are going and talk of dropping down list of targets I’m not sure I will be. The idea of buying a player for £50m/£60m is fantasy stuff. Let’s not go round in circles with this pish again tho. We’ll see by September. I hope I’m wrong I have been before. 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I agree with this. However, the right wing is the one open spot in our starting 11 front three, and I think Howe wants to add someone that will definitely be productive there right away, because he wants to make sure we add more goals to the first team.

Diaby's output is so high in that position, that he was likely seen as viable even though he'd be coming in from abroad. Especially because he also has a profile that fits the Premier League wide player i.e. pace and athleticism.

Not sure Howe will be looking to add someone that is not quite as established/productive yet in that position, for this summer.

True, but IF we refuse to pay up then we will have to gamble a bit more. And I’d choose Madueke over Harrison  (if possible).

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Told by who :lol: You have no clue, neither do we, or the journalists (what our budget is) 

The same very journalists in January were saying we have a 50 million budget. If Etitke had agreed to come, we would have spent over 120 million.

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

What do you want them to say like? Don't worry everyone we've got 100s of millions to spend so every club can have our pants down ?

You are on a whole different planet you tbf 

Leeds have already brought in about 100 million haven't they. Can see them wanting a silly amount for Harrison

Tried to keep out of here cos it's the same conversations going round in circles. But I can't help meself and keep looking 😀

Edited by jack j

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

They aren't lazy. He would barely get any minutes for any of the top 6 clubs. Hence he isn't a top 6 player.

You saying so doesn't make it true. What a ridiculous statement.