More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Pepe is legit on the outskirts of the Arsenal first team.  He’s like their 14th man.

they are actively trying to replace him. 

Yes, he was awful last season, which is why they stopped using him altogether pretty much.

I bet if they had Harrison instead of him, Harrison would have played far more often so Bukayo could have got more of a rest on that side, which most Arsenal fans were increasingly concerned about.

So the idea he would barely get any playing time for a top 6 side is a nonsense.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I'd definitely be more concerned at us having to overpay for Harrison than him being a solid signing. He would be a solid addition but not for anything more than 25-30m 

Aye I don’t think they will sell for that much. That amount is very hit and miss and Harrison is consistent. They’ll want close to £40m and we should look elsewhere for that amount. Might as well pay 25-50% more for a player we think might be able to play at the very top. 

I’ve said it before. Whether it’s deadline day.  January.  Summer 2023, 2024. If PIF are serious about us becoming title contenders, we’ll have to seriously splash the cash at some point. 

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, he was awful last season, which is why they stopped using him altogether pretty much.

I bet if they had Harrison instead of him, Harrison would have played far more often so Bukayo could have got more of a rest on that side, which most Arsenal fans were increasingly concerned about.

So the idea he would barely get any playing time for a top 6 side is a nonsense.

Aye but Arsenal aren’t in for Harrison now. And neither will any top 6 side. 

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

Who knows really how much wiggle room we have within FFP. The journos were reporting massive amounts of 500m or whatever which doesn’t seem likely to me, even so it doesn’t mean we would be spending 60/70m individuals at this stage. 

We have a squad that contains the likes of Murphy, Fraser, Fede, Lascelles, Dummet, Longstaff etc. I think the play we are going to make is that we make the steps up gradually. Rather than going all in on huge fees of 50/60m for one player we are looking at getting 2 or 3 for that same amount while also rounding off the nastier edges of our squad and giving us the strength in depth that a club that’s says it’s going to be breaking into Europe consistently needs. I know some will make the quality>quantity argument but I am of the belief that at this very early stage in our development buying 2 players of 30m instead of one for 60m is absolutely both the quality AND quantity that we need, players who come in and upgrade their respective positions strength in this squad massively. I won’t even go into the wage structure argument again as I’ve hammered that home enough at this point, I’ll just say that not many players you can sign for north of 50m will come in and fit inside our wage structure which we need to build up just as carefully and any other financial aspect of the club. 

In short we are a few windows away from seeing real the fireworks as per fees/wages which is why Diaby and Isak might be unlikely this summer.

Yep. :thup:

It's going to be a balancing act, loads of factors to consider. But that doesn't mean we automatically are ruled out of making a signature signing just because Luke Edwards says so. We have the power, but with power comes great responsibility as they say.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Aye but Arsenal aren’t in for Harrison now. And neither will any top 6 side. 

My God ... that wasn't anything to do with the discussion.

So by your logic any players that aren't actively being pursued by a top 6 club, are therefore not top 6 players, and are incapable of featuring for them?

I'm out man. Peace and blessings.

Btw I think £30m is a really tricky price point. That’s the Villa, Everton zone. Very hot and miss. You’re relying on superior scouting and such for that route to be a route into the top 6. Teams in that space they have made it work have had elite or at least top 6 quality players emerge from the academy’s or like… Jamie Vardy on their books.  Not counting Liverpool who have always had a great pull.  

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

My God ... that wasn't anything to do with the discussion.

So by your logic any players that aren't actively being pursued by a top 6 club, are therefore not top 6 players, and are incapable of featuring for them?

I'm out man. Peace and blessings.

Big man, what is your point?

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Big man, what is your point?

Never mind. You clearly weren't even following what myself and Plymouth Geordie were talking about, so God knows why you started harping on about Pepe.

Harrison would be a decent option, like. Could actually see him being more productive than Diaby initially who I don't think is a guaranteed success over here.

Think there's always more clamour for players people have seen less of and will come at a higher price. People acted like Southgate was dropping Messi when Sancho never started in the Euro's depsite showing nothing for England, now he's had a season in the league most don't want him in the squad. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Off topic - it's crazy how long people have been on this forum. I've been here 17 years. 2 or 3 people on this page alone have been here longer.

Glad you are all in good health and good spirits.

huh.  I've been here more than 14.  Seems like just yesterday...

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Off topic - it's crazy how long people have been on this forum. I've been here 17 years. 2 or 3 people on this page alone have been here longer.

Glad you are all in good health and good spirits.

17 and half for me too. Mental 

I've got no problem with what the club are doing.  I'd love another "marquee" signing but Ekitike's agent is a douche, Diaby wasn't ever gonna come and I'd bet the players the club was interested in are probably asking too much.  I do not want to see the club to overpay for a stop gap and to be honest I'm more interested in selling off deadwood.  See, I have total faith in Howe.  If we bring in only one more name player I'd like it to be a deputy for Callum that can also play on the right.  That's not saying I'd say no to Paqueta but we made our reaches in January; when we had to.  I think the plan should be measured and incremental but be ready to strike when the gamechanger becomes available at a great price ala Bruno. 

When you are just giving your opinion, there's no need to correct other peoples opinions and go on as if you are definitely correct and you know it all. A few in here could do with learning that. Then the rest of us wouldn't have to read so much shit [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

When you are just giving your opinion, there's no need to correct other peoples opinions and go on as if you are definitely correct and you know it all. A few in here could do with learning that. Then the rest of us wouldn't have to read so much shit [emoji38]

:lol: like telling someone they are talking shit when they have gave their opinion. Once again. Ironic 

Downie said we might look at Hazard if other targets failed. Doesnt fit our profile at all. Just buy Sarr and Tomas or something like that. I like that the owners aim high with Diaby and Isak but their clubs doesnt want to sell at all.