More transfer rumours

midds

20 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Great list. Forgot a few of these - Crespo being one. To be fair, I think Piguain must have ate his way around London given how he waddled round the pitch.

Oh yeah, I forget about how unfit he was during the time. But yeah, the list is extensive over players they could not make work. Still absurd to think that they could not make Crespo play well.

Edited by worthy

Not going to pretend I’ve seen a lot from him because I haven’t but when I have seen him I thought he was poor. It’s a good point that strikers generally do tend to flop at Chelsea, but is it not just as likely that Werner’s can’t replicate what he did in Bundesliga in the premier league?

I do feel disappointed that Paqueta is probably going to another club tbh, if we really wanted an AM, he woud have been my first choice. Looks like he's probably heading somewhere else. But Maddison will do me no problem. Get him in.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Not going to pretend I’ve seen a lot from him because I haven’t but when I have seen him I thought he was poor. It’s a good point that strikers generally do tend to flop at Chelsea, but is it not just as likely that Werner’s can’t replicate what he did in Bundesliga in the premier league?

Probably won’t be able to do madlad seasons like he did in Bundesliga due to better defenders, but he still has attributes that work well, especially if he gets played from the right to cut in or left. Every time he did so for Chelsea he was a threat. So the question then becomes, can Howe make his pace and passing a huge threat? I think so at least. Just seems like same problem that manu has had where the manager hasn’t utilized the player and assets correctly, especially now with Sancho until Ten Hag came.

I don’t think he will be able to score as much as the crazy seasons in Germany but he definitely has the ability’s to become a huge threat, especially for us.

Weird how none of these twitter accounts and journalists didn’t have a clue about the Maddison bid and now seemingly everyone knows something about how much we’re prepared to go and if Leicester will sell. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I do feel disappointed that Paqueta is probably going to another club tbh, if we really wanted an AM, he woud have been my first choice. Looks like he's probably heading somewhere else. But Maddison will do me no problem. Get him in.

Be amusing if we paid 50 million for Maddison and Leicester used part of the fee to replace him with Paqueta.

Just now, Emotic said:

Be amusing if we paid 50 million for Maddison and Leicester used part of the fee to replace him with Paqueta.

I'd be less than amused with this happening. :bob:

Reckon we’ll make a break thru in the coming week. Don’t think there’ll be a signing before forest but the wheels will be moving on a deal. 

i long for a tweet announcing an accepted by which Is quickly followed up by more reports 

2 minutes ago, Emotic said:

We buy Maddison for £50m, they get Paqueta for £23m :lol:

Werner can’t play up top on his own, can he? Seems like a bit of a pointless signing if we are going to continue with the 4-3-3. Rather we went after a lesser known and lower profile player. If they could play as a lone front man. 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Werner can’t play up top on his own, can he? Seems like a bit of a pointless signing if we are going to continue with the 4-3-3. Rather we went after a lesser known and lower profile player. If they could play as a lone front man. 

I might be wrong but I'm fairly certain he played up front on his own all his career until Chelsea moved him out wide.

Just now, STM said:

I might be wrong but I'm fairly certain he played up front on his own all his career until Chelsea moved him out wide.

He’s played up front on his own for Chelsea when I’ve seen him a few times. Always looked terrible. 

Read a piece about how he massively outperformed his xG for a season or two and went through how he is often a bad finisher. 

He’d be another body and a better option than Wood. But don’t think he is the type of striker we need. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

He’s played up front on his own for Chelsea when I’ve seen him a few times. Always looked terrible. 

Read a piece about how he massively outperformed his xG for a season or two and went through how he is often a bad finisher. 

He’d be another body and a better option than Wood. But don’t think he is the type of striker we need. 

Means we'd have Werner, Wood and even Joelinton to cover for Wilson and also gives us a great option across the front 3 be a great signing.

Could play wide, I suppose. Just thought he’s looked dreadful whenever I have seen him for Chelsea. Some awful misses and his touch is often horrendous. 

If Howe wants him and has a plan for him. Then that’s fine by me. Even though I don’t rate him. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Could play wide, I suppose. Just thought he’s looked dreadful whenever I have seen him for Chelsea. Some awful misses and his touch is often horrendous. 

If Howe wants him and has a plan for him. Then that’s fine by me. Even though I don’t rate him. 

There's no doubt he was out of form and low in confidence mind. He offers alot without the goals. Stretches teams, runs the channels, quick on the counter and has energy to press.

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

For Leipzig and Germany he’s been very good. Been a flop at Chelsea but sometimes that happens. Would be an exciting transfer to see if he could recapture his Leipzig form