More transfer rumours

midds

22 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

I mean, he could have just said he doesn't know and he'll try and find out later. 

The second worst thing to have happened to her in the last 45 years.

Edited by Minhosa

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

If we get that Henry Mbape hybrid thing and Chris Wood as backup I will be happy enough with that to be fair .

Ekitike will be the back up for now, Wood would go straight into the team. But the young lad is the one that will cost the big money, seems a real prospect. 

42 minutes ago, kisearch said:

If Wood really does have a release clause, then activating it solely with the ulterior motive of weakening Burnley is probably worth doing imo.

It's not weakening them by much let's be fair - and they'll probs use the money to buy someone better.  

6 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Thought he was sorting his ma out first? 

Sounds like he's just left her at the bottom of the stairs whilst he addresses his adoring public 

Massive ‘if’ as ever, but if Wood has a release clause, then the only people who’d know are the club & the manager, and Wood & his agent.

So if true, one of those parties would have needed to let NUFC know that.

I’m guessing that wasn’t Dyche …

Wood and the young lanky lad from Reims would be decent enough. Bit of a comedown from the daft names we were being linked with. But they always seemed out of reach and not realistic targets. 

Ekitike can play a more wide forward role, can’t he? Certainly looked to have ability on the ball judging by Dennis Tube. Would be nice to have more than one goal threat on the pitch. 

How can people possibly be defending Wood? Look at Burnley's position in the League - if he can't get them out the relegation zone what makes people think he can get us out??

YU76UVI6RZAXPP4ONECSNTII5M.jpg

Not a case of ‘defending’ anyone.  The club appears to have set itself rules for this window.  Wood is better than Gayle, therefore improves the side.  Young lad from Reims unknown.  It’s always been my take on this window - young Europeans and experienced (and cheap) PL experienced players are the likely signings.   The ‘world’s richest club’ patter has made some raise their expectations re who is coming through the door too quickly - not helped by the bullshit merchants in the press.  

Just now, MarkyMark said:

Not a case of ‘defending’ anyone.  The club appears to have set itself rules for this window.  Wood is better than Gayle, therefore improves the side.  Young lad from Reims unknown.  It’s always been my take on this window - young Europeans and experienced (and cheap) PL experienced players are the likely signings.   The ‘world’s richest club’ patter has made some raise their expectations re who is coming through the door too quickly - not helped by the bullshit merchants in the press.  

If the owners want to get us out this mess - they're going to have to get the cheque book out and blow any budget they had planned.  Trying to haggle with Burnley over the likes of Chris Wood when we've a crucial game in 5 days times isn't the way to go about it.