More transfer rumours

midds

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

Does it? They could sign a replacement that will score more than 3 goals 

Imagine if we bought Wood from Burnley at 17mil, and they put that towards Ben Brereton-Diaz as a replacement. I wonder who would be the happier set of fans.

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

Imagine if we bought Wood from Burnley at 17mil, and they put that towards Ben Brereton-Diaz as a replacement. I wonder who would be the happier set of fans.

Not convinced he would go there. They’re not exactly a big pull and Blackburn’s biggest rivals. I would be nervous about who they’d sign in general though, if we have them that money. 

Starting to feel a little more worried with this window now.

Feels like Trippier was done early and more so because of his appetite to move to the UK and the Howe connection.

Feels a lot more scatter gun right now. The Young lad from France is not what we need to save our season and 30m is fucking steep for what he is.

The money in the game has gone really daft tbh. not finished a season and looks like a kid still learning his trade and there goes 30 big ones.

Even in the video for all his initial skill, many of the highlights are cut short prior to him missing or hitting a Big Joe grass cutter.

I don't think Woods is the answer tbh but he can at-least hold the ball up and allow the team to play off him and get higher up the pitch - I hope.

Maybe him with Max and Willock off him would work - god knows. Far from ideal but looks like we are running short on options and the initial feel goo factor is dying off.

Hope I'm wrong and we sign Botman, Digne, Fofana & Azmon :) I'd take Jon Dahl back right now.

32 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Not convinced he would go there. They’re not exactly a big pull and Blackburn’s biggest rivals. I would be nervous about who they’d sign in general though, if we have them that money. 

Yeah, it was totally hypothetical from me - "if we took Wood from them at XX mil, and they spent that on one of the myriad of good strikers that we ourselves have been linked with...", that sort of deal.

How does Ayoze get on at Leicester these days? Is he a regular starter? I know Vardy is out for a while but does it mean Ayoze gets morr chances?

Honestly, if we need proven attackers, we should try get him back. Or at least ask for him on loan. He'd be our focal point in attack and when Wilson does get back, you got a potential partnership there ala Ayoze-Rondon.

Edited by nufcjb

7 hours ago, duo said:

What's the crack with Toronto - 1st Insigne now linked with Belotti.  They finished second bottom of their conference last season so not exactly riding high.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4557899/live-transfer-talk-toronto-want-to-add-torinos-belotti-along-with-napolis-insigne

They have money to burn though and I think both him and Insigne see it as recompense for years loyal to thier current clubs. Obviously no relegation there too. They are trying to repeat the Giovinco trick on a bigger scale.

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They have money to burn though and I think both him and Insigne see it as recompense for years loyal to thier current clubs. Obviously no relegation there too. They are trying to repeat the Giovinco trick on a bigger scale.

We should get the Maple Leaf fellas to buy us instead, just for the insanity of having Belloti and Insigne, managed by John Carver:lol:

Feel like initial momentum is lost and people know how desperate we are, going to be extremely hard to make the right moves without being absolutely rinsed. 

Trying to ignore the rumours for now after Botman etc, just hoping something significant comes out of the blue before the weekend but not sure it's very likely now. 

Aye, I've woke up positive as fuck today :lol:

Some of our fans on Twitter / Facebook are embarrassing.

Constantly saying we are the richest team in the world , over and over again. 

Having the richest owners in the world means nothing if you don’t spend money wisely or have footballing people in the correct positions.

We still need a proper scouting structure / recruitment team / director of football / new analysts

Once you get into the billions , the rest is just zeros , money can be burnt through quite quickly if we spend it on the wrong players.

As it stands it appears we still have the old scouting network / old recruitment team with input from Eddie and new owners / plus the ex reading guy 

Looking from the outside in , it appears we have a decent budget but not the “we can buy any player we want’ type of money 

We can already see how difficult it is going to be for us in terms of other clubs adding a few million on to the fee once we make a bid.

so to sum up …….what does this mean , it is good or bad , are we separate from the Saudi state , why did Pardew squeeze His lips so tight , and does it effect the takeover ? 

Edited by JonBez comesock

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If we are being quoted inflated fees right left and centre we might be better off pursuing loans. 

We are Linked with only permanent signings and no loans at all which is odd. 

On a serious note I though we would sign 4-5 players before Jan 25-26th and then add a few loans on deadline day to ensure our safety 

Still hoping 

Edited by JonBez comesock

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

If we are being quoted inflated fees right left and centre we might be better off pursuing loans. 

We are Linked with only permanent signings and no loans at all which is odd. 

Yeah I thought we would be looking more towards the loan market this window. Only problem with that are that loans usually happen towards the very end of the window. With the position we’re in and vital games coming up, I think we have been forced down the permanent signings route (more so with Wilson injured). Clubs know we’re desperate and are currently trying to fleece us for stupid transfer fees. This could now be resulting in a ‘scattergun’ approach from our side, which imho is a dangerous way to go.

Just now, gdm said:

Getting to the point it’ll be a shock when a bid gets accepted 

Yeah I mean we have tried for 241 players so far according to the trust worthy press and twitter residents, with only one success.

Its only 08:30 in a new day, and quick scan reveals at least 5-6 new names mentioned that NUFC are interested in.  IT IS ALL JUST BULLSHIT!

Jaysus, just had a quick check of Twitter to see if there was any news. What a mess.

I get that fans might be starting to lose their nerve, but there's comparisons to Ashley and low balling, tagging and sometimes being abusive to the owners and general over the top panic. It's a total embarrassment.