More transfer rumours

midds

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I like the look of Azmoun from the little I've seen. Incredibly rapid and a pretty cool finisher.

Also really like Cabral at Basel due to his physicality and finishing in the box. Apparently Basel are asking for 17 million euros, which is pretty decent.

There's seemingly options out there, but unlike our defence it's pretty unclear who our priority signing is. 

45 minutes ago, STM said:

Genuinely tired of the transfer links now. It's hard to sort facts from fiction.

I will wait until there is something concrete before getting excited.

All the machinations are so dull that adding more fuel to that fire just gives me a headache now as at best it seems like it'll take ages to get done.

Like waiting for VAR to give a decision. Between the link/incident I just want to f**k off for a slash and hope its all sorted when i come back.

Edited by Wolfcastle

52 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I like the look of Azmoun from the little I've seen. Incredibly rapid and a pretty cool finisher.

Also really like Cabral at Basel due to his physicality and finishing in the box. Apparently Basel are asking for 17 million euros, which is pretty decent.

I would take both of them in a heartbeat! Both quick but in a different way, Azmoun is much more agile speed and Arthur is more brute force speed.

Neither would be that expensive either as you say, but again it's down to whether they want to come here. I think £10-15m was touted for Azmoun.

20 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I know a few people had mentioned we should go for Belotti, guess moves like this are not likely to happen until we are safe or promoted

What's the crack with Toronto - 1st Insigne now linked with Belotti.  They finished second bottom of their conference last season so not exactly riding high.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4557899/live-transfer-talk-toronto-want-to-add-torinos-belotti-along-with-napolis-insigne

5 minutes ago, duo said:

What's the crack with Toronto - 1st Insigne now linked with Belotti.  They finished second bottom of their conference last season so not exactly riding high.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4557899/live-transfer-talk-toronto-want-to-add-torinos-belotti-along-with-napolis-insigne

Yep heavily linked there and looks a goer. Probably paying double what we would offer.

33 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I know a few people had mentioned we should go for Belotti, guess moves like this are not likely to happen until we are safe or promoted

As mentioned by a couple of others earlier, I’m just ignoring all the click bait articles until there is something concrete to actually discuss. According to the press we’re trying to sign just about everyone who plays football, with each alleged exclusive being a different player. Actually reminds me of when the takeover was going on with all the yes it is or no it isn’t daily bullshit exclusives.

Edited by et tu brute

It's important to keep in mind that most transfer rumours will be player agents trying to stoke interest in their players or player agents trying to convince clubs their players may leave if they don't get a better contract.

Most of these rumours will have no actual connection with the club or reality.

I would have imagined agents/talent companies/clubs etc have large lists of contacts and when they need to make it known their player is unhappy/looking to leave/etc they can make like 5 calls max and word spreads through the football world. There's probably 500 different agent whatsapp groups. Absolutely no need to "leak" a rumor to the press and hope an interested club catches wind the next morning like it's 1975.

I think if anything the rumours the general public gets are the byproduct of communication like that and we're basically always getting late information.

Or maybe I give them too much credit.

Edited by thomas

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Wood's worth the money just because it confirms Burnley's relegation.

But Azmoun seems a no-brainer and we desperately need to have someone within 48 hours.

I'm going out on a limb here, but there's no way an Iranian player would be granted a work permit quick enough for the next game.  Probably not the one after either.

8 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I'm going out on a limb here, but there's no way an Iranian player would be granted a work permit quick enough for the next game.  Probably not the one after either.

Why would him being Iranian matter?

Coutinho for example is awaiting a work permit and Gerrard reckons he could be training with Villa by Wednesday 

Obviously if we wanted Azmoun for Watford we'd need to get a move on 

9 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Why would him being Iranian matter?

Coutinho for example is awaiting a work permit and Gerrard reckons he could be training with Villa by Wednesday 

Obviously if we wanted Azmoun for Watford we'd need to get a move on 

Coutinho has a Portuguese passport, and worked in the UK before. He's been through the process, probably still has the prerequisite permit. I don't know about Azmoun but hiring foreigners in the UK has not got any easier over the last few years.

Edited by elbee909

Training (especially if you are unwanted by parent club so can fly in earlier) and actually playing in games are different. 

What is the typical time frame for a WP to be granted? Doubt it will be in time for Watford where we need a striker. That is possibly why Wood is an option if he has a release clause. Not bargaining, pay up, sign someone familiar with the league and he's available in the next game.

3 hours ago, duo said:

I can't help reading them all - so much is riding on this window. 

And we aren't doing very well in truth , it was 100% urgent we needed a striker this week and we aren't going to have one .poor

Alfredo Morelos anyone? If Chris Wood is the level we are considering then why not. I've seen a couple of rumours stating Howe specifically wanted to get him in. Could be total guff ofcourse but he can certainly score goals, albeit in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Alfredo Morelos anyone? If Chris Wood is the level we are considering then why not. I've seen a couple of rumours stating Howe specifically wanted to get him in. Could be total guff ofcourse but he can certainly score goals, albeit in Scotland.

Could he handle the PL? Be an instant target to wind up , not a great record at staying on the pitch .

33 minutes ago, GWN said:

Could he handle the PL? Be an instant target to wind up , not a great record at staying on the pitch .

Who knows, got to take the chance sometimes though. Most of these strikers that are rumored are from foreign leagues with no guarantee they'd fit in straight away. Atleast he's already got a grasp of the language and culture.

3 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Wood's worth the money just because it confirms Burnley's relegation.

But Azmoun seems a no-brainer and we desperately need to have someone within 48 hours.

Does it? They could sign a replacement that will score more than 3 goals