More transfer rumours

midds

Pogba has played 150 games for Man U, 29 goals, 38 assists.

Decent but not outstanding stats and certainly not worth the money he would be asking. Man U havent been a mess for a while and wont get much better for another year or so. He'll improve wherever he goes just down to the fact he won't be at Man U but don't see it being with us.

Will probably go to PSG.

34 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

I'm not saying this to be contrarian, but I've never understood the Pogba hype. Maybe I've just not seen enough of him play?

I remember watching him when it was the Juve/Barca CL final and not understanding the hype then too.

I don't watch Man U much, so I only see the headlines complaining about his effort and attitude. Headlines are often wrong though, so if he is world class I'd be happy to see him here, provided he fits in with Howe's plans.

The fact we're even talking about this is mental considering we had to watch Colback week in week out.

personally thought he was class at Juve. Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba was a dream midfield. He hasn’t really put it together all in one go at Manchester United. Certainly not on a regular basis, but I think the hype comes from the fact that he has literally every attribute. He can dribble, pass(both in terms of vision and execution), shoot from range or simple tap in. He’s tall, strong, quick, agile has good stamina.

andbyet rarely puts all this together on a consistent basis for Manchester United.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

there’s a lot of talented players available for free that I think we should heavily consider. Pogba is an easy yes.  

Tolisso too. Obviously Modric. 

A lot of big clubs have limited financed and are also investing heavily on free transfers. 

Pogba is an easy yes?

No he isn't, not at all. Actually, he is an easy no.

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

My question with transfers is - is he good enough and has the right attitude to help get us into the Champions League? If yes, get them in. 

If his wages are 350-400k on a year deal that’s £70m. That’s maybe £10m more than Bruno G over 3 years.  

I'm really glad we don't seem to be going with that sort of approach.

Pogba has been terribly inconsistent for years now, with lots of different managers, and in teams with players much better than ours currently are.

With that current Man United team he's struggling to get them in the Champions League, and so no idea why you think he'd do that at Newcastle.

He'd also be paid a fortune too, which would be such a waste because he just wouldn't justify the outlay.

Think it would be a horrid move. I see him joining PSG and all their other highly paid players so they can have an easy time in Ligue 1 without having to over exert themselves much, and then get knocked out of the Champions League every year.

Edited by KaKa

Central Midfielders shouldn’t be judged by goals and assists. 

Im not living or dying by Pogba. I think mentality is #1 but will let the football people decide on that.  

I think we need to be aggressive in the transfer market. It’s a rich, difficult league. I look at West Ham, £30m £120k on Zouma. Good business.  Dan Burn is an excellent character but there’s a quality gap to Zouma. They’re going to finish 7-8th.  

You can fill a squad with Matt Targett’s for 15m-30m 80k per week and finish 11th.  

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Central Midfielders shouldn’t be judged by goals and assists. 

Im not living or dying by Pogba. I think mentality is #1 but will let the football people decide on that.  

I think we need to be aggressive in the transfer market. It’s a rich, difficult league. I look at West Ham, £30m £120k on Zouma. Good business.  Dan Burn is an excellent character but there’s a quality gap to Zouma. They’re going to finish 7-8th.  

You can fill a squad with Matt Targett’s for 15m-30m 80k per week and finish 11th.  

Don't think anyone has mentioned goals and assists in relation to Pogba. He just hasn't been very good in general, and is constantly in and out of the Man U team because of it.

There's a huge range of players out there. Not going for the likes of Pogba, doesn't mean we are going to be filling the team with players at the level of Burn and Targett.

I think we'll get really good players in that are far more consistent and also on the way up rather than on the downturn like Pogba seems to be.

Guest HTT II

He’s now like lots of other players, a top player on his day who performs magnificently, but can’t do it consistently and when he doesn’t, he does it bad. Again, he’s half arsed about even playing for Man Utd, I wouldn’t want him or his ilk anywhere near NUFC. Same for Neymar. Who wants that kind of baggage?

His performances for Juve and the French national team suggest to me that he's more effective in the continental style of football rather than the Premiership.

I know the gap between the two has narrowed, but the extra physicality and pace of the Premiership just seems to make a crucial difference with him. 

In the Premiership, I think you'd have to give him a free role and build the team around him. For teams aiming for the very top, that wouldn't be the best way forward overall.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

This talk of Pogba and a 365 article asking this but who who was our worst free transfer of all time?

Hendrick has to be up there. Sol Campbell perhaps? I think Geremi was on a free too.

Colback.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

This talk of Pogba and a 365 article asking this but who who was our worst free transfer of all time?

Hendrick has to be up there. Sol Campbell perhaps? I think Geremi was on a free too.

Geremi at least had a useful spell albeit short. Campbell barely played and was poor when he did. Can't comment on Hendrick as i believe he's never actually been on the pitch, or i just missed him as the invisible man.

One free transfer I was really looking forward to seeing due to his history as a mainstay (captain even, I think) in that dominant Lyon side of the noughties was Claudio Cacapa - needless to say it was a huge anticlimax 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Don't think anyone has mentioned goals and assists in relation to Pogba. He just hasn't been very good in general, and is constantly in and out of the Man U team because of it.

There's a huge range of players out there. Not going for the likes of Pogba, doesn't mean we are going to be filling the team with players at the level of Burn and Targett.

I think we'll get really good players in that are far more consistent and also on the way up rather than on the downturn like Pogba seems to be.

See:

3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Pogba has played 150 games for Man U, 29 goals, 38 assists.

Decent but not outstanding stats and certainly not worth the money he would be asking. Man U havent been a mess for a while and wont get much better for another year or so. He'll improve wherever he goes just down to the fact he won't be at Man U but don't see it being with us.

Will probably go to PSG.