More transfer rumours

midds

21 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

It seems increasingly unlikely that we’re getting anyone in for the weekend. 

I appreciate it is difficult to get players in in January and we’re in a shit position. But it kind of feels like if we lose Saturday, then that’s another few nails in the coffin. 

We could really do with some new players, goal scorers and just competent footballers for this ‘easier’ run of games.  

Aye, not sure what i'm allowed to say without being accused of wetting the bed or claiming it's easy to sign players in January like. But i'm pretty sure there was SOME WAY that we could have had a recognised striker in for Watford.

Like I think it's fair for me to suggest that, in some alternative reality, we signed a striker either on loan or for cheap and never went into Saturday playing ASM up top by himself.

14 minutes ago, buzz said:

You didn't exactly need to be Nostradamus to predict the new owners were going to sack Bruce sometime after the Tottenham game.

He called it the day prior when there wasn't a single peep of it in the press. Ando shouldn't be getting stick - no one knows his reasons for going quiet. Maybe he doesn't want to jeopardise his source or the deals aren't as close as he initially thought.

3 minutes ago, duo said:

Make or break. We don't win these we're down.

Hyperbolic nonsense. We draw both and we're likely in the exact same position we are now, and with a stronger squad. We could beat Watford and lose to Leeds and be in a better position than we are now, particularly if Burnley and Watford draw midweek. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Hyperbolic nonsense. We draw both and we're likely in the exact same position we are now, and with a stronger squad. We could beat Watford and lose to Leeds and be in a better position than we are now, particularly if Burnley and Watford draw midweek. 

Agreed, I would say Watford is a must not lose mind.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah it's important people don't lose sight of the fact we still have the rest of the window to sign players, not everything will stand or fall on one game. Obviously would be great to get a striker in at least for the Watford game, but we have to make sure these signings are going to improve us, and we don't end up with shite through sheer desperation. 

Minimum 2 players any position preferably defence and up top. But I feel with any new faces in this week it makes us stronger and boost our chances against Watford. Even if that’s CB and LB makes a huge difference. Bit of freshness cheers up the whole place.

29 minutes ago, TRon said:

Right now I'd take Gayle tbh, there's no one else available who even remotely resembles a striker. 

Definitely. Its a really hard position to play if you're not a striker, back to goal just felt completely wrong to me. Even Rob Lee, who ploughed on during an injury crisis, up front looked like a fish out of water. Besides its clearly not working otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We could go on a run later in the season even if we lose both and still stay up. Winning on Saturday just makes things a lot less stressfull and makes our position in the transfer market a bit easier.

It's hard to see where that run would come from, Watford is our only remaining home match against a team currently in the bottom five, on paper it's our last really winnable match. If we lose it there's no realistic way out of relegation for us.

34 minutes ago, TRon said:

Right now I'd take Gayle tbh, there's no one else available who even remotely resembles a striker. 

Yeah, and I'd put young Stephenson on the bench. Could be worth putting him on for the last 20 minutes when Gayle gets tired.

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

Nope just my opinion- these are the games we need to be winning. I'm yet to see this stronger squad.

26 minutes ago, Menace said:

He called it the day prior when there wasn't a single peep of it in the press. Ando shouldn't be getting stick - no one knows his reasons for going quiet. Maybe he doesn't want to jeopardise his source or the deals aren't as close as he initially thought.

Not a peep in the press? :lol: I think it was widely expected and accepted he was going after spurs. He was like 1/7 to be next manager to go 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

To only have one player, a right back, through the door come Watford is desperately disappointing like. Say what you like about the difficulty of the market but questions need answering like. 

No questions do not need "answering". We are 10 days into what is usually an awful window for everybody before 1) COVID, 2) everybody assuming we have hundreds of millions to spend, 3) players not being interested. You can see by the links the owners are working well and we just need to let them get on with it. Judge them at the end of the window.

Is it looking good? Not really no, Cambridge seems to have nuked a lot of the good stuff.

Is it a total disaster? Not really no, there are still about 20 days left to sign footballers.

I wonder how many of these deals aren’t happening because PIF don’t like the price and how many aren’t happening because the player won’t come.