More transfer rumours

midds

Using Arsenal as a feeder club has echoes of Man City. I like it!

Saka is under contract till 2024, so he'll be top dollar. Almiron sold plus 70M? Saka is so good that its tempting to start playing mental games of fantasy football where you also sell ASM.

My mental games of fantasy football include sacrificing Willock to get Paqueta. 

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Saka’s dad is a massive NUFC fan. Would be nice if he ran down his contract for a year and we got him on the cheap next summer…

Saka proper loves Arsenal man. He is going to be the face of that team for the next 10+ years, and an eventual Arsenal captain.

Guest HTT II
Just now, KaKa said:

Why do people think we are signing Tarkowski?

He's not really a ball playing centre back and he has played in a setup that sits deep, rather than presses higher up the pitch.

Howe has also said he is looking to bring the age of the squad down. And at centre back we already just signed Burn at 29, and Schar is a similar age. I expect any signings in central defence will be 25 or younger. We need some youth in that position.

I think this one is dead in the water, we wanted him in January for PL experience and to weaken a rival, but got Burn instead. Yes he will be on a free, but we need a quick and strong ball playing CB now, and that’s who I think we’ll target.

Guest HTT II

The club will spend whatever it takes on the right player, transfer fee and wages. Guaranteed!

Just now, HTT II said:

The club will spend whatever it takes on the right player, transfer fee and wages. Guaranteed!

Don't necessarily agree. I think the club has decided that it's willing to improve any position, provided its the right player and the numbers make sense. Its not a out whether its 20m or 40m, its about whether the player is worth what is being asked.

Lille and Sevilla took it too far with their centre halves. Lyon allowed Bruno to go for a fair price, which turned out to be a bargain.

25 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I think we’d do well to get him for that money, more like 80m maybe, but what do I know. He’d be a fantastic signing, but honestly just can’t see it. Unless Arsenal want cash to rebuild and replace players- they’ve got a fairly thin squad as it stands.

didn’t know about his NUFC connection though…

https://www.arsenal.com/news/bukayo-saka-my-own-words 

Get Shearer on the phone to Saka's dad!

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Saka proper loves Arsenal man. He is going to be the face of that team for the next 10+ years, and an eventual Arsenal captain.

Does he? He grew up a Newcastle fan because of his dad, I think? He’s been at Arsenal since he was 7, but he was watching us with his dad after that. 

28 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I think we’d do well to get him for that money, more like 80m maybe, but what do I know. He’d be a fantastic signing, but honestly just can’t see it. Unless Arsenal want cash to rebuild and replace players- they’ve got a fairly thin squad as it stands.

didn’t know about his NUFC connection though…

https://www.arsenal.com/news/bukayo-saka-my-own-words 

Great read that actually.

No surprise the kid is so well grounded and just comes across so well.

Seems to have come from a really lovely family, which makes such a big difference. He's so fortunate.

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, STM said:

Don't necessarily agree. I think the club has decided that it's willing to improve any position, provided its the right player and the numbers make sense. Its not a out whether its 20m or 40m, its about whether the player is worth what is being asked.

Lille and Sevilla took it too far with their centre halves. Lyon allowed Bruno to go for a fair price, which turned out to be a bargain.

That was because of the prospect of relegation, trust me, we will spend and spend big on any player they deem worth it. They did that with Bruno!

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Seems to have come from a really lovely family, which makes such a big difference. He's so fortunate.

Absolutely. A good mentality and character along with the opportunities provided by his family, and his natural talent- he’s bound to go a long way, injuries notwithstanding. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I love him me, he has a baby kind of kid face you just want to cuddle. Devastated the abuse he got after the Euros and my boy loves him too. Arsenal would be mad to sell him, but I think he would be willing to chance a move away and I know his parents feel the same! 

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Does he? He grew up a Newcastle fan because of his dad, I think? He’s been at Arsenal since he was 7, but he was watching us with his dad after that. 

Yeah, he really does. Seen a bunch of his interviews and he really does love the club, which is understandable when you come through there from such a young age. 

I'm sure he will have some affection for Newcastle having tagged along with his dad at times, but growing up around London around a bunch of other Arsenal fans, and actually coming through at Arsenal himself, I think he likely always more supported them.

Just now, Manxst said:

No. Unless you believe Italian journos. He’s been linked with Man Utd the last few days. 

Thanks.

Might still be a goer for us then. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I love him me, he has a baby kind of kid face you just want to cuddle. Devastated the abuse he got after the Euros and my boy loves him too. Arsenal would be mad to sell him, but I think he would be willing to chance a move away and I know his parents feel the same! 

Yeah, he's a great kid.

I also really appreciated the way he handled all that negativity. He didn't revel in victimhood at all.

I think characters like him make it far more difficult for people to be drawn into any kind of prejudice etc. purely based on the way they carry themselves. It just really exposes the absurdity of it all.  

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Signed a new contract in the last month, but Romano says he’ll definitely leave and the contract extension is just so he can leave on loan with an obligation to sign…. as has been talked about us doing recently. 🤞