More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Manxst said:

We were linked when he arrived at and then left Villa iirc, and I wasn’t too enamoured with him coming to us. Seems to have progressed since he was playing in the PL in fairness- was maybe just the wrong time for England before. 

Worth noting that he played under Sherwood at Villa as well 

9 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

"They looked like they were going to be relegated. Now they're not I'm interested."

That's a harsh take.  He's a young lad just breaking through into the first team, can't blame him for wanting a bit of stability in his first season and not feeling ready for a move to the PL just then.

3 minutes ago, loki679 said:

That's a harsh take.  He's a young lad just breaking through into the first team, can't blame him for wanting a bit of stability in his first season and not feeling ready for a move to the PL just then.

If you say so.

17 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

"They looked like they were going to be relegated. Now they're not I'm interested."

It was nowt like thst with him. He said at the time the decision was too big to make so quickly. Fair play to him for not just jumping at the 1st chance to chase the money.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Spanish press saying we will pay an extra 14 million euros to Atletico now we are safe.

Always seemed odd that £25m was being quoted, and then suddenly he was announced and it was half that.

Not sure what was in it for Atletico, mind, since at that point we looked dead certs to be relegated, so they couldn't count on that extra £12-13m.

Makes me wonder if there was something in the deal meaning they got their player back if we did go down, so they wouldn't lose out.

I've just made that last bit up, of course, but if there was anything along those lines agreed, then it wouldn't be that different from a loan to buy type arrangement.

3 hours ago, elbee909 said:

"Albeit perhaps not the calibre of the star-studded name many might be expecting Newcastle to target in the upcoming window, Veretout’s vast top-flight experience across Europe would help to take Eddie Howe’s side to the next level.

This season, the versatile star has directly contributed to 14 goals in 48 appearances under Jose Mourinho, earning an impressive 7.13 average match rating in the process whilst making 1.5 key passes, winning 2.6 duels and taking 46.3 touches on average per league game (Sofascore).

Valued at £19.80million and under contract until 2024 (Transfermarkt), Veretout presents an affordable and astute option as Newcastle boss Howe attempts to freshen up the midfield department."

:lol: Did an article quote a Transfermarkt valuation??

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

We're really cutting off our noses if we don't try to sign players this summer just because they weren't convinced in January

Luckily for us the people in charge will be far more professional about our business than that