More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

Schick is my number 1 choice 

left field - Nkuku - that’s our Aguero signing 

At 24 - Aguero had scored over 150 professional goals. Including 4 seasons scoring 17+ goals in La Liga and PL.

By way of comparison - Nkuku has 62 professional goals.

I use Aguero as a proxy for a legitimate wonderkid who has delivered to some degree already. I agree with the lad that says there's a dearth of top attacking talent at young ages.

At 24/25 only Tammy, & Rashford spring to mind as players that have multiple seasons in a topflight club scoring 15+ goals in a season and are close to scoring 100+ goals as a pro. Schick is 26 and just scored more than 11 league goals for the first time in his career.

Not to say they can't improve or whatever. But we are talking a lot of money.

Obviously Vlahović, Mbappe & Haaland are out on their own and have already secured massive transfers.

Edited by The College Dropout

Did Lyon line up a pure defensive midfielder behind Bruno and Paqueta? If we're in for him we must be in for a DM as well and removing Joelinton at least from midfield seeing as neither Bruno nor Paqueta are really defensive midfielders.

Guest HTT II

We would less need/rely on a true DCM if we had a very athletic, ball playing, pacy, big strong powerful centre-back who can step out of defence with the ball, hep us play higher up and effectively act as a deep midfielder. 

Guest HTT II

LFC play with two ball playing CBs, with one or another either sitting or going forward depending on whose on the ball, that allows them to smother the midfield area and have a high full-back line and a forward three basically hanging around the wide flanks and central areas on top of the box. 

Just got to hope there was an agreement in place with Villa regarding a signing fee. Don't want them asking for stupid money all of a sudden just because of how well he's done and they know we want him.

15m would be absolutely fine and a bargain in this age for a 26yr old English player.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Just got to hope there was an agreement in place with Villa regarding a signing fee. Don't want them asking for stupid money all of a sudden just because of how well he's done and they know we want him.

15m would be absolutely fine and a bargain in this age for a 26yr old English player.

They can ask for silly money, we can pass. Will they get the same money off someone else ?

Think we’re operating in a very difficult market when it comes to key positions like a striker. 

We’re not at a profile where we can attract top talent I don’t think. The likes of Nunez, Nkunku will have plentiful options that can all offer European football and clear aims of winning trophies. 

Not to mention there’s not really many top-class strikers out there to buy.

I think the likes of Scamacca, Jonathan David, Giovanni Simeone, Moussa Dembele, Evanilson, we could operate in that bracket perhaps.

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Might as well get Tammy.  Hes the lowest risk imo. 

I'd love Tammy, but he will come with the 'talented young English player' tax, so we'd likely have to pay £50m. But I would honestly take Tammy over most other options. He was good when he left for Roma, and has both improved technically, and bulked up significantly over there. 

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely Jesus is worth an enquiry, obviously looked as though Arsenal where definitely getting him, but them not getting champions league will surely change things.

58 goals from 158 games for City.. bet 120 of them were off the bench to.

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely Jesus is worth an enquiry, obviously looked as though Arsenal where definitely getting him, but them not getting champions league will surely change things.

Would love to have Jesus on our side :coolsmiley: