More transfer rumours

midds

A list of some European strikers who’s cost about £50 mil max: 

Jonathan David - Lille, all rounder.

Amine Gouiri- Nice, big talent, new link

Gianluca Scamacca - Saussalo, 6ft5, all rounder 

Giovanni Simeone - Hellas Verona, don’t know much but one of top scorers in serie A

Patrick Schick - Leverkusen, Big player, another cracking season and would be massive statement. 
Probably a lot of others too like Eketike but I suspect he’ll sign and play on the wing and up top. Be a top talent, be buzzing if we signed any of the above.

5 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

A list of some European strikers who’s cost about £50 mil max: 

Jonathan David - Lille, all rounder.

Amine Gouiri- Nice, big talent, new link

Gianluca Scamacca - Saussalo, 6ft5, all rounder 

Giovanni Simeone - Hellas Verona, don’t know much but one of top scorers in serie A

Patrick Schick - Leverkusen, Big player, another cracking season and would be massive statement. 
Probably a lot of others too like Eketike but I suspect he’ll sign and play on the wing and up top. Be a top talent, be buzzing if we signed any of the above.

Please, would love him here. Think we might be able to get him around £40 mil.

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Please, would love him here. Think we might be able to get him around £40 mil.

I immediately knew where he was from. :lol:

Dean Henderson would be a good signing in my book. He just can't dislodge De Gea.

He was excellent at Sheffield United.  If you ask Blades fans who is better Henderson or Ramsdale they all pick Henderson. He was a big reason they had that great first season in the prem.

He's English and at 25 a good age for a keeper. Supposed to also be a good pro, very driven and ambitious to play for England.

Exactly the sort of player we should be signing imo. Good age, ambitious and can still develop.

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I’ve seen Cannibaga mentioned a few times, but when I Google him nothing comes up? Who is he and who does he play for? Is it a nickname? 

I think they mean Camavinga. But he sounds like a Cannibagatudor 

Sheffield United fans have nothing but good things to say about Henderson.  They spent £18 million on Ramsdale to replace him who was atrocious for half a season and then Arsenal spent more than that to buy him.

He's better than Ramsdale for sure who is Arsenals no. 1.

Considering his age and he's English I think he would be a good bet.

20 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I’ve seen Cannibaga mentioned a few times, but when I Google him nothing comes up? Who is he and who does he play for? Is it a nickname? 

Nice try. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

We offered 35mil for Botmn but paid 15mil for Burn. We offered 25mil for a LB and got Targett on loan. We supposedly offered 60 mil for Cannibaga and got Bruno for 40.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean we would have necessarily signed all of those together and spent more. I'm sure we had loads of different options and combinations based on who we successfully managed to get in initially.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Pretty sure we only went big on Bruno after we missed out on a marquee centre back.

Yep that was in the athletic, the plan was marquee CB and a less marquee CM.

Although we did supposedly want both Carlos and Botman so who knows. 

Would be a great signing maybe too high on the wage structure.

Another couple names to consider Reiss Nelson seems to do very well everywhere except Arsenal and pretty versatile position wise. Could join his mate Willock who I think has been massively underrated due to his first half of the season performances. 
The next Calvin Bassey, as a Motherwell fan i watch a lot of Scottish games and he’s one player who’s improved massively in the last 2 years. Only 22 and gets better and better MOTM performance in Europa league final a competition we should be aiming to qualify for next season.

Henderson would be underwhelming, not convinced he's even as good as Dubravka as things stand. 

Looked good at Sheffield United under Wilder in part because of their defensive setup, similar to the way that goalkeepers enhance their reputation at Burnley (low block, limiting of space, inviting long-range efforts from the opposition). Aside from that, there's little evidence right now that he's a top six level goalkeeper - and that's the level we should be looking at if we're looking to improve on Dubravka (imo, not a priority this summer). 

Wonder how much Pope would cost if Burnley go down? 

It's hard to gauge keepers unless you watch them regularly, though. Dubravka seems to have a much higher reputation amongst other supporters for example than he does our own. 

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

Wonder how much Pope would cost if Burnley go down? 

It's hard to gauge keepers unless you watch them regularly, though. Dubravka seems to have a much higher reputation amongst other supporters for example than he does our own. 

A great shot stopper no doubt but someone posted his stats in the match thread last weekend, his kicking stats are not the best.

Guest HTT II

I quite like the Burnley and Villa ‘keepers over Henderson, I also rate Mings and McGinn looks decent.

15 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I quite like the Burnley and Villa ‘keepers over Henderson, I also rate Mings and McGinn looks decent.

None of Villa's CBs have performced well this season. I always thought Hause was their better CB but he's been poor as well when Ive seen him. Wouldnt take any of them. Dont rate McGinn either, doesnt show up for the most part imo.