More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just saw the report and have been reading about the guy. Apparently he is actually 6 ft 9! A lot of top clubs are looking at him.

Interestingly enough he is also left footed. And so he might be brought in as backup to Dan Burn, as Howe may be happy with Burn being the first team option as he has been very very good.

Watching this young kid's youtube highlights he is impossibly mobile and fluid for that height and looks very comfortable on the ball.

My worry if claims are true which not sure they are but a limited budget may mean the ownership have fallen into what ashley did on a few occasions that we finished where we did with only half a season with the new Jan signings and no Eddie for the full season and still had amazing stats so don't need to do much to better that. This logic while seems to make sense has bitten us on the arse a few times. Push out dead wood upgrade as many positions as possible as the league never sits still. I think I heard he won't mention the target for the coming season us that because this season was survival and next mid table which we have already managed. Iam going to give the benefit of the doubt and have to just wait and see. 

3 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

My worry if claims are true which not sure they are but a limited budget may mean the ownership have fallen into what ashley did on a few occasions that we finished where we did with only half a season with the new Jan signings and no Eddie for the full season and still had amazing stats so don't need to do much to better that. This logic while seems to make sense has bitten us on the arse a few times. Push out dead wood upgrade as many positions as possible as the league never sits still. I think I heard he won't mention the target for the coming season us that because this season was survival and next mid table which we have already managed. Iam going to give the benefit of the doubt and have to just wait and see. 

No chance they'll be doing anything like what Ashley did.

I just think that we will end up focusing on brining in younger emerging talents that are a bit more under the radar and not being pursued by as many clubs, which the budget will allow for, rather than spending big sums.

8 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Ashley didn’t fall in to any trap, he didn’t spend money because he was a fat greedy bastard who wanted to run us into the ground. 

7 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

PIF won’t allow this. You can forget such logic. 

We are finding top players which they are willing to join and the fees are not daylight robbery. Of course this takes time. Bruno didn’t join us on 1 Jan right?

I do agree we should make a few solid signings first, just like Dan Burn

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Ashley didn’t fall in to any trap, he didn’t spend money because he was a fat greedy bastard who wanted to run us into the ground. 

Think I have worded it poorly but the season we finished 5th was that the one we only got Anita in as "this squad finished 5th". Not giving credit for any sort of strategy but more excuse making. What if we brought forward 2 windows worth of spending in Jan to keep us in the league it may well indicate a modest budget for the coming window. Would love to drop 30/60 million on every position going forward but the reality the squad still needs a massive overhaul. The dead wood we do have are unlikely to go for much money meaning we are mainly relying on cash injections from sponsorship and the owners. 

Still let the good times roll  

I think they are throwing a number out there to the press but will do any and all deals that suit us long term and near term and will be opportunistic at that. 

1 minute ago, ToonScotman said:

When is our retained list revealed ?

Not sure but it's only Longstaff of our senior players whose contract is up. He'll get a new one though

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Our budget is almost gone :

I'll be stunned if we sign Lodi for that amount.

Will probably end up going back in for Bakker.

Edited by KaKa

Would be awesome if our budget was actually the annual outlay combined for us paying clubs in installments. And it’s like 2-3x in this very window. 

Sign all the Brazilians plz. Sans Neymar. 

Edited by Kanji

Just now, Kanji said:

Would be awesome if our budget was actually the annual outlay combined for us paying clubs in installments. 

Yeah, I mentioned that previously as a possibility. There's a chance that might be the case.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'll be stunned if we sign Lodi for that amount.

Will probably end up going back in for Bakker.

The lad who broke the Lodi story said yesterday that the price would be nowhere near what was originally quoted.

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I think they are throwing a number out there to the press but will do any and all deals that suit us long term and near term and will be opportunistic at that. 

Maybe, but I know from experience that they won’t just hand their partners a blank checkbook for a project. Usual stuff; there will be a 5 year (or whatever) capital injection plan with (usually brutal) KPI targets etc. Doubt they’ll play it fast and loose like that but obviously this is a completely different venture.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The lad who broke the Lodi story said yesterday that the price would be nowhere near what was originally quoted.

Ah, okay. That would make sense as some of these prices sound crazy, especially because I don't think Simeone would be too adverse to letting him leave, as he rotated him a fair bit, as I think he prefers a more defensive full back.