More transfer rumours

midds

19 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Maybe when Bruno was saying Targett had to stay, it was because Targett is unsure.

Targett said in his interview on NUFC TV after the Arsenal game that he wanted to stay and that it was out of his control.

58 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I really believe that Howe wants to move to a 3 at the back formation next season. Towards the end of his Bournemouth career he started to use the 3-4-3 that beat conte's 

Chelsea more and more frequently. 

Also if he plans on sticking to a back 4 it wouldn't make sense to sign Lodi (who struggles defensively in a back 4) over Targett. 

The 3-4-3 would work well for Maxi as well, it would allow him to play as on the left wing but with less defensive responsibility. 

Nah, he has always preferred his narrow 4-4-2, with one striker that drops into the hole.

For the first time ever he has a chance to buy high calibre players for his system. My bet is that he will do just that.

Eddie's formations:- https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eddie-howe/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/10976

Edited by KaKa

2 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Think it's an unnecessary risk on our part to not pursue a deal for Targett, given how well he has performed, as well as the low reported fee.

Me too

I really don’t know what they’re thinking here.

They know he fits in, does what he’s told to a 7/10 level at least every game. Fans love him, players seem to love him and he would only cost £12m.

This Lodi fella must be some superstar like. 

11 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Targett said in his interview on NUFC TV after the Arsenal game that he wanted to stay and that it was out of his control.

I've no doubt he wants to stay, but he might be insisting he's first choice.

34 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Maybe when Bruno was saying Targett had to stay, it was because Targett is unsure.

Targett said recently he wants to stay.

Said something along the lines of ‘everyone knows what I want but it’s up to the club’ 

35 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Maybe we just think we can do better than Targett. And there's nowt wrong with that. 

Our form was 3rd best in the league 2nd half of season and Targett was a big part of that. Yes ok he's not a flying attacking winger back but he's a very solid, capable, consistent defender. Can't get much better than that.

Edited by duo

5 minutes ago, duo said:

Our form was 3rd best in the league 2nd half of season and Targett was a big part of that. Yes ok he's not a flying attacking winger back but he's a very solid, capable, consistent defender. Can't get much better than that.

I'm not disputing what you're saying. But if the club feel like they can do better and they're gonna try and do better, then I'm all for it. 

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nah, he has always preferred his narrow 4-4-2, with one striker that drops into the hole.

For the first time ever he has a chance to buy high calibre players for his system. My bet is that he will do just that.

Eddie's formations:- https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eddie-howe/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/10976

Has he always preferred that formation or has it been one he has been forced to play due to players at his disposal? 

You could also say that for the first time ever he has a chance to buy high calibre players for a system he has always wanted to play but hasn't been able to.

I also think that Howe sticking with 4-3-3 is more likely than him reverting back to 4-4-2. 

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/eddie-howe-newcastle-bournemouth-tactics/

This article talks about how he tried to switch to a 4-3-3 in the 19/20 season but his squad didn't suit the shape and he was forced to revert to a 4-4-2.

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don't think there's much to suggest he has a 'system' like some managers rigidly stick to. Seems he's played quite a variation at Bournemouth and he's studied the game and different coaches and approaches alot since then. Strikes me as someone who's really open minded in terms of tactics and setup. 

Our form in the 433 has been Champions league level and that's with Wood and Almiron as two of the attackers. I'd be surprised if he suddenly changed that all up rather than build on what's been so successful so far.

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Is there a reason we can't sign both? 

As mentioned above, Targett wanted away from Villa as he wasn't guaranteed first team football, so can't see him accepting being a back up here (if he is not Howe's first choice). I honestly think people need to get away from their thinking of loyalty to players. I have no doubt in the next few (2-3) years, just about every player in the current team/squad will have been replaced by a higher level of quality.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

As mentioned above, Targett wanted away from Villa as he wasn't guaranteed first team football, so can't see him accepting being a back up here (if he is not Howe's first choice). I honestly think people need to get away from their thinking of loyalty to players. I have no doubt in the next few (2-3) years, just about every player in the current team/squad will have been replaced by a higher level of quality.

13B61802-82FE-4882-B184-641394F5CDD6.jpeg.401d3d86df2a12887cf7cac925d5be83.jpeg

The local journalists are doing a talk in tonight and Craig Hope has just said that he’s been told we will make 3, 30 million plus signings this summer. I think that was what he said I’ll try find a link.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

The local journalists are doing a talk in tonight and Craig Hope has just said that he’s been told we will make 3, 30 million plus signings this summer. I think that was what he said I’ll try find a link.

9kfgXhg.gif

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I hope that its true but it does seems an oddly specific bit of info to release to a journo, just incites more fan expectation and pressure on to the people in charge of transfer business because it just lets other clubs know we are ready and willing to splash the cash this summer. 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

I hope that its true but it does seems an oddly specific bit of info to release to a journo, just incites more fan expectation and pressure on to the people in charge of transfer business because it just lets other clubs know we are ready and willing to splash the cash this summer. 

Unless the transfers are already lined up and agreed? Ekitike, Paqueta, Lodi, Botman? 

Certainly doesn’t look like Botman to Milan is the sure thing the Italian media were claiming weeks ago.

I’ll be over the moon if we got him but is he the quick physical CH we need ? He certainly doesn’t look the quickest when turned on the times I’ve seen him. Massive upgrade on what we’ve got, but not sure he’s right alongside Burn or Schar.

53 minutes ago, duo said:

I would imagine Eddie has told him to hold back from charging down the wing without the ball because there’d be little chance of receiving the ball from ASM