More transfer rumours

midds

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Howay man, like that means anything. All transfers have risks but he’s clearly an outstanding talent 

Aye he looks the business no doubt about it. Just always think the bundesliga is a tricky league to really judge how a player will adapt.

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

£25m for Harry Winks - worlds gone mad 

I despair at any club that buys this gimp

There were a lot of strong rumours in Jan that he was a priority target for Howe, and that Howe liked him a lot.

Only reason it supposedly didn't happen in the end is that when Conte first came in, he was using him at Spurs initially.

Think Winks has lost his way at Spurs, but he's got ability and had some really good moments under Pochettino.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye he looks the business no doubt about it. Just always think the bundesliga is a tricky league to really judge how a player will adapt.

You could say the same about Portugal, Scotland, Netherland, Italy, France also

Edited by nufc123

Winks, Mings & DCL combined would be north of £100m and our squad would genuinely not be that much better off. Shows the importance of a good window.

Edited by Menace

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Yes fucking please. Bye bye St Max though. 

Diaby is just as frustrating as St. Max but with arguably less raw ability (age is on his side though). Good player but we shouldn’t be spending over 30m for him imo.

Diaby is quite possible, we are obviously looking at a pacey, tricky, skilled winger like ASM for the right. We were definitely looking at Dembele in January and for the summer.  I say conflicting reports with Dembele today too with him definitely leaving Barca but then Le Parisien denying he will come to PSG this summer. 

Harry Winks would be another Dan Burn and Matt Targett type transfer.

Everyone being underwhelmed about it, and then changing their tune when Howe starts getting great performances out of him.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Harry Winks would be another Dan Burn and Matt Targett type transfer.

Everyone being underwhelmed about it, and then changing their tune when Howe starts getting great performances out of him.

Love the positive energy.

25 minutes ago, Gavin400 said:

Love the positive energy.

I can just see it already. Think so many English players get overlooked so quickly for some reason. They seem to have such a short leash when they're coming through. 

I think the likes of Milner and Henderson at Liverpool have been very fortunate. In slightly different circumstances the pair of them could easily have been written off as not being good enough, but they landed in situations with decent managers that put them in position to maximise their abilities, and contribute at the highest level.

Don't mind missing out on Carlos. I'd want us to take a chance on a young centre back like Botman who can be a sort of a legacy player for us and a part of our spine for a long time. A bit like Kompany was for City. Diaby and Lodi look proper great but please tell me we're not after overpriced English players like DCL or Winks. Those are exactly the type of transfers that Everton would make.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I just don’t think we are after Carlos this summer. We signed Dan Burn after Seville rejected our bid in Jan.

This. In fact, all the left-footed centre backs that we were linked with in January who have resurfaced this window are probably just rehashed rumours. BDB was our eventual left-footed CB purchase. Not to say a CB wouldn't be an important signing, mind.