More transfer rumours

midds

Not so sure about Zinchenko, not sure what his best position is and he goes from looking amazing to looking poor in the same game too often. I think there’s a really good player in there but Pep hasn’t been able to make him consistent enough which would worry me as he normally improves players a lot 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Why doesn’t Botman have a single cap for Netherlands then? 

I don't know what the situation is with the Netherlands national team, so I can't answer that. It's just based on the eye test of them both.

I'd prefer Badiashile over both.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not so sure about Zinchenko, not sure what his best position is and he goes from looking amazing to looking poor in the same game too often. I think there’s a really good player in there but Pep hasn’t been able to make him consistent enough which would worry me as he normally improves players a lot 

I wonder if anyone fancies him as a centre mid.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I don't know what the situation is with the Netherlands national team, so I can't answer that. It's just based on the eye test of them both.

I'd prefer Badiashile over both.

Fair enough. They are also playing different opposition/quality. I know Botman has played a bit CL too.

Personally I’d also prefer Badiashile or Bremer for example.

27 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Fair enough. They are also playing different opposition/quality. I know Botman has played a bit CL too.

Personally I’d also prefer Badiashile or Bremer for example.

Think De Ligt, Virgil, De Vrij, Ake have been considered ahead of him recently of course. Add in Timber too. Have to assume Botman would be considered sooner than later. He's really only came on the last 2 seasons no?

Van Gaal name checked Botman as someone he wanted to play for the U21s to gain experience and move on up. 

Edited by Kanji

56 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I took Hope’s quote to mean 3 bigger money signings, not the total amount of signings.

I think we'll probably pay a fee for 3, and bring a couple in on a free or on an initial loan.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Van Dijk? de Ligt? De Vrij? Ake?

I know who they have. My reply was made because he said that Botman is better than Ake. So I wondered why he still hasn’t played for the senior team. As in questioning whether he actually is better than Ake today.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I know who they have. My reply was made because he said that Botman is better than Ake. So I wondered why he still hasn’t played for the senior team. As in questioning whether he actually is better than Ake today.

Ake’s been in the setup longer and hasn’t really let them down I’d imagine?

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ake’s been in the setup longer and hasn’t really let them down I’d imagine?

Might be the case. Usually if there’s a better player outside then that player often gets a chance at least. Just think it’s easy to say that Botman is better than Ake. Considering the difference of the level they’ve played against, especially when comparing the amount of games against high quality players. Personally of the two I’m not sure who I’d pick. Ake is more proven meanwhile Botman is more for the future too. Neither would by my 1st choice.

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Botman had his first call up in November 2020 -- and i think has played more for the U21 setup but also it sounds like that is by design? 

His first U21 call up?  Yeah could be by design. 

Edited by Ikon

Not fussed at all on Ake for that money. I'm not even sure he's better than Schar or Burn tbh. 

He's not shit obviously, that's not what I'm saying but I don't see how he'd improve us more than slightly for a massive wedge of cash. We can, and hopefully will, sign someone much better for around the same fee. 

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Not fussed at all on Ake for that money. I'm not even sure he's better than Schar or Burn tbh. 

He's not shit obviously, that's not what I'm saying but I don't see how he'd improve us more than slightly for a massive wedge of cash. We can, and hopefully will, sign someone much better for around the same fee. 

Pau Torres. Agent is in the UK at the moment to do a transfer, supposedly to Man Utd….but I’d love it to be us! 

14 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

xG is pretty useless when analysing a player like, especially over a short period of time (like 1 season).

I imagine it's useful for proper stat geeks in the game to look at how teams will create more opportunities playing a certain way (Pep might be told that getting to the byline and putting the ball in across the 6 yard box more leads to a higher xG for example), but as a number for some Twitter 'analyst' to pick out proving X player is scoring more than he should etc? You're not going to find anything out that you wouldn't just watching him.

I disagree with saying xG is pretty useless.

xG is the probability that a shot will be converted to a goal based on the characteristics of that shot and by comparing it to the outcome of thousands of similar shots. 

So xG is the number of goals the average player would have scored if he was provided with those particular chances (since it calculates the probability based on average). If Nunez scored double his xG, it means he scored double what the average striker would have scored if both were given similar chances. That’s a pretty big deal. 

however, I agree with you on saying the xG of a single season could be misleading, as that small sample could simply be an outlier and not a true representation of his skills. I can’t argue with that, and we won’t know unless we see how he performs in the next couple of years. 

Edited by Solitude20