More transfer rumours

midds

No matter how close any journalist is or is not to PCP, they're not going to get told the truth about our budget. It helps absolutely nobody except the selling clubs to know how much we've got to spend. It'd be commercial suicide to let the correct number into the public domain.

Nobody knows. Or at least, nobody who's saying anything knows. Anything you read is guesswork, or a number put out there that's deliberately incorrect.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

No matter how close any journalist is or is not to PCP, they're not going to get told the truth about our budget. It helps absolutely nobody except the selling clubs to know how much we've got to spend. It'd be commercial suicide to let the correct number into the public domain.

Nobody knows. Or at least, nobody who's saying anything knows. Anything you read is guesswork, or a number put out there that's deliberately incorrect.

These are exactly my thoughts too.

9 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I do agree with this..

But I guess on the flip side there could be hints to the media attempting to keep expectations in check.

But we won't have to wait too long now to see what happens!

Signing three players makes no sense if we want to progress 

let’s say we sign three 

left back 

centre half 

centre forward 

no challenge for dubravka 

happy with our midfield options 

no cover for the wings ? 

means we can only sell 3 to keep the 25 man squad 

let’s say 

Gayle 

clark 

ritchie 

we keeping darlow ?

fernandez

manquillo

lascelles 

murphy 

hayden 

lewis 

hendrick 

20 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

let’s say we sign three 

left back 

centre half 

centre forward 

no cover for the wings ? 

let’s say 

Gayle 

clark 

ritchie 

we keeping darlow ?

fernandez

manquillo

lascelles 

murphy 

hayden 

lewis 

hendrick 

If we bring in three, we could get rid of six. Three didn't make the squad last year.

There is no reason for the club to put out any information to the media at this point. Anything concrete purported to be coming from them is a lie.

Agents certainly have motivations for leaking, as do other clubs. Neither of those parties will leak anything beneficial to us. You can assume most of the paper talk is stuff like this.

For once, I'm quite confident the club has an excellent , well-conceived plan and I'm satisfied to watch it play out.

Was never sure on Ake at Bournemouth but every Bournemouth fan I've encountered has said that he was absolute quality. Every time I've seen him at Man City he's been defensively sound like, very comfortable on the ball and a goal threat as well.

Edited by Kid Icarus

36 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

let’s say we sign three 

left back 

centre half 

centre forward 

no cover for the wings ? 

let’s say 

Gayle 

clark 

ritchie 

we keeping darlow ?

fernandez

manquillo

lascelles 

murphy 

hayden 

lewis 

hendrick 

He says we'll sign 3 players for around the £30m mark. Not that they'd be the only 3 signings. 

Most journos seem to think a Striker, right wing and CB are our top three priorities this summer so that's probably the three we'll spend the bulk of our budget on. The fact we're so heavily linked to Lodi and Henderson suggests we'll still be spending a decent amount elsewhere too. 

We'd have Tragett signed already if we were running on a limited budget. We'll go big this summer there's no need to worry about that.

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Was never sure on Ake at Bournemouth but every Bournemouth fan I've encountered has said that he was absolute quality. Every time I've seen him at Man City he's been defensively sound like, very comfortable on the ball and a goal threat as well.

He should be sound though in that city side, although haven't watched much of him at city as he's hardly never played when I watched them.

Yeah I wasn't too convinced by him at Bournemouth.

Guest neesy111

My issue with our CBs is their retrospective ages, think signing a younger one is needed.

Just now, neesy111 said:

He should be sound though in that city side, although haven't watched much of him at city as he's hardly never played when I watched them.

Yeah I wasn't too convinced by him at Bournemouth.

He's played a fair bit for Man City this season towards the end. Haven't seen anything other than quality from him tbh, defensively, on the ball, and from set pieces.