More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Ashley17 said:

My reservation with Ake is that towards the end of the season City had no Dias or Stones, Laporte was on one leg and Pep still opted for him and Fernandinho over Ake.

Because he was injured 

3 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

He was on the bench in the last 4 matches, came on for 30 minutes against Wolves?

Yep was taken off injured against Leeds and was on the bench as a last resort in case of emergency. 

Hope seems to think we will make 3x30m (estimate) signings. Which is short hand for saying we will be looking to sign 3 quality players in the Bruno bracket.

From the players we have been linked with, I'd suggest our main targets are Botman, Lodi and Diaby.

I imagine that Henderson and Etikike will be dependant on what we can do with outgoings and shuffling the pack.

The striker one confuses me somewhat. I'm still not convinced that we are dead set on signing a big money striker. I suspect Nunez is out of reach. DCL and Toney are probably below that calibre that we would ideally like. I can see a scenario where we sign Ekitike who can cover as striker and kick the striker situation down the road for 6/12 months. To be honest, it would be entirely understandable. I don't want us pissing money away on players who the club see as "meh" just to satisfy the fan base. Yes we need a 3rd option for when Wilson is inevitably injured, could ASM, Joelinton or Diaby if he signs cover for the time being? I suspect these questions are being asked.

Ake would absolutely be on Howes radar, especially if we can't get Botman but we wouldn't be paying a Botman fee for him.

A loan with an obligation of 20/25m would be a canny deal. He's a good player but won't be at the top of Eddie's list.

There was a fair bit of talk about utilising loan to buy arrangements to bypass FFP- we’ll undoubtedly do one or two of these type of deals as well as permanent transfers. 

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

This is why I always felt that rather than his arrival signalling a sudden influx of signings, he'll probably want to have a look at where we are with various negotiations and offer advice, opinions and/or assistance with the process.

I honestly think he would have been doing that anyway on the qt.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Bruno has for one so that’s the spiel we must be giving targets? If we’re not aiming for that then I can’t see him hanging around. 

Bruno’s quoted saying we finished 10th today 🙂

That will be the aim but debatable that is the target for next season.

Maybe it is but maybe they think we give the league half a season head-start so let’s not disrupt this group massively and add 3 quality 1st teamers  and see where we are in January.

Guest neesy111
47 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Henderson could well be a loan if he comes in too.

He should be, anything more than £10m and we've been done.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Bruno’s quoted saying we finished 10th today 🙂

That will be the aim but debatable that is the target for next season.

Maybe it is but maybe they think we give the league half a season head-start so let’s not disrupt this group massively and add 3 quality 1st teamers  and see where we are in January.

So, a Striker, someone to replace Targett and one other. It won't be enough for us to progress.  We would finish around our position or maybe 1 or 2 places higher.

3 hours ago, Nine said:

What would you define as a 'cast off' though? Burn, Targett?

It's baffling how good they've been, we struck gold... twice.

Edited by Mountain

We didn't strike gold, well we did but only in Eddie Howe, who turned decent PL players into brilliant ones. It will be a common trend with Howe, who will continue to get the best out of players. Also watch how many players don't look as good once they leave.

If we have learned anything from the MA era, it's to not pigeon hole ourselves with silly rules about who we should and shouldn't sign. It's about the individual and what they bring to the table.

I'd take Eriksen, is he too old? Is he a cast off?

25 minutes ago, STM said:

We didn't strike gold, well we did but only in Eddie Howe, who turned decent PL players into brilliant ones. It will be a common trend with Howe, who will continue to get the best out of players. Also watch how many players don't look as good once they leave.

If we have learned anything from the MA era, it's to not pigeon hole ourselves with silly rules about who we should and shouldn't sign. It's about the individual and what they bring to the table.

I'd take Eriksen, is he too old? Is he a cast off?

This. If we'd signed Krafth, Joelinton, Schar and Jacob Murphy (as a squad player) in January everyone would have been going mental at the club.

Howe coached these lads into good premier league players who went on to win 12/19 premier league games in the 2nd half of the season.

Howe and his coaching team are the gold.

Is Isco worth a look in these days? He's run out his contract at Real. Between him and Eriksen, there's an embarrassment of riches in the out-of-contract visionary attacking midfielder buffet this summer.

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

Is Isco worth a look in these days? He's run out his contract at Real. Between him and Eriksen, there's an embarrassment of riches in the out-of-contract visionary attacking midfielder buffet this summer.

Like both players but can't see either coming here. Don't think they match the intensity style Howe wants?