More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Suspect it'd take a LOT of money to sign DCL for what would only be a marginal improvement on Wilson (if any improvement at all).

How much are you classing as a lot? They might be more willing to negotiate because of their FFP troubles.

It's touched on in the article that because they bought him so cheap, pretty much whatever they sell him for is profit.

Richarlson cost £40m and apparently they owe 10% of the next sale to Watford, so selling him for £40m = £20m FFP profit, selling DCL for the same = £40m FFP profit.

The issue obviously is that Richarlson has made it much more clear that he wants to leave, whereas DCL seems happy enough to stay.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

How much are you classing as a lot? They might be more willing to negotiate because of their FFP troubles.

It's touched on in the article that because they bought him so cheap, pretty much whatever they sell him for is profit.

Richarlson cost £40m and apparently they owe 10% of the next sale to Watford, so selling him for £40m = £20m FFP profit, selling DCL for the same = £40m FFP profit.

The issue obviously is that Richarlson has made it much more clear that he wants to leave, whereas DCL seems happy enough to stay.

I'd be surprised if he was available for below £40m like. But that's just a hunch.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

30m on DCL is perfectly reasonable, I just don’t want us re-energising Everton’s cash flow.

I wouldn't worry, they'll waste it anyway.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Not a fan.

Why is he leaving Everton? I’m not sure taking one of their cast offs is the way.

I’d rather we found our own up and coming superstar, ideally from abroad. 

17 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Suspect it'd take a LOT of money to sign DCL for what would only be a marginal improvement on Wilson (if any improvement at all).

This is it.

Folk are saying his injury problems are a blip, fair enough. But in those 4 fit seasons before the last one I don’t remember DCL being prolific. 

I'd genuinely rather sign Moise Kean off them and let Howe work with him, than bring in DCL for the kind of money being spoken about. Kean is available for around £20 million.

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Is he not a bad egg?

Don't think there's been anything particularly major has there? Some silly stuff during lockdown where he had a party, but think that was it. Was just doing the same as what the lot that put us all in lockdown were.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Don't think there's been anything particularly major has there? Some silly stuff during lockdown where he had a party, but think that was it. Was just doing the same as what the lot that put us all in lockdown were.

For some reason I thought he had unfulfilled potential (so far) down to bad attitude & application.

18 minutes ago, LV said:

This is it.

Folk are saying his injury problems are a blip, fair enough. But in those 4 fit seasons before the last one I don’t remember DCL being prolific. 

29 in 62 league starts in the previous 2 seasons is pretty prolific given his age and the team he was playing for.

8 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

For some reason I thought he had unfulfilled potential (so far) down to bad attitude & application.

Nah, just been managed terribly by Everton and then Juve this season.

Had a very good showing at PSG on loan the previous season, and then Juve brought him in and never used him because they went and bought Vlahovic, who's struggled himself.

Still so young at just 22. Think he's a really top talent.

Edited by KaKa

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Just now, KaKa said:

Nah, just been managed terribly by Everton and then Juve this season.

Had a very good showing at PSG on loan the previous season, and then Juve brought him in and never used him because they went and bought Vlahovic, who's struggled himself.

Still so young at just 22. Think he's a really top talent.

Got dropped by Italy because of off field discipline issues and not turning up for training on time etc. Same problems at Everton. He’s played 42 times for Juve this year and scored 6- hardly ‘never used him’. Juve bought Vlahovic because they couldn’t rely on Kean, either to score the goals, or to rectify his attitude. 

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Both 100% fit, Wilson is the better striker for me personally. Everyday of the week.

The "100% fit" part isn't irrelevant though, it has to be factored in. It's the main reason we're even considering a replacement for Wilson.

Since he broke into the team DCL has played 32, 35, 36, 33 then 17 PL games (153). Wilson's last five seasons - 28, 30, 35, 26, 18 (137). Wilson has missed 35 games since he joined, DCL has missed 21 in the same time. He's also 5 years younger. 

I guess it breaks down to whether last season was an anomaly for DCL or whether that's just the player he is now. If it's the latter then yeah, aside from being younger you're not gaining a huge amount versus Wilson. But if you get 2019/20 and 2020/21 Calvert-Lewin at 25y/o then £40m or so represents very good value imo. 

23 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Got dropped by Italy because of off field discipline issues and not turning up for training on time etc. Same problems at Everton. He’s played 42 times for Juve this year and scored 6- hardly ‘never used him’. Juve bought Vlahovic because they couldn’t rely on Kean, either to score the goals, or to rectify his attitude. 

Moise Kean started 14 games while on loan at Juve ... in those games he totalled 6 goals. The rest of the games he was brought off the bench and in a lot of those games for less than 10 mins of play. Vlahovic came in and started 20 games and scored 9 goals. The numbers are comparable.

I see he has been disciplined for being late at times. Fair enough. Wouldn't say that necessarily makes  him a bad egg, as the other poster was asking about. 

I guess the issue for DCL for me is that at 25, you can't turn back the clock to previous seasons and injuries will start to become more and not less common, as will their cumulative effect.

What would worry me slightly is that Everton would seem to be OK to get rid of him. And Everton are rubbish. So, I'm guessing they don't think they can rely on him either.

Long and the short of it is this; he seems to me to be a bit of a gamble. 

Fine, you might gamble on a youth player who might not live up to their promise. But now that we're free from Ashley, why gamble on a first team player that's already supposed to be near their peak?

17 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

The "100% fit" part isn't irrelevant though, it has to be factored in. It's the main reason we're even considering a replacement for Wilson.

Since he broke into the team DCL has played 32, 35, 36, 33 then 17 PL games (153). Wilson's last five seasons - 28, 30, 35, 26, 18 (137). Wilson has missed 35 games since he joined, DCL has missed 21 in the same time. He's also 5 years younger. 

I guess it breaks down to whether last season was an anomaly for DCL or whether that's just the player he is now. If it's the latter then yeah, aside from being younger you're not gaining a huge amount versus Wilson. But if you get 2019/20 and 2020/21 Calvert-Lewin at 25y/o then £40m or so represents very good value imo. 

DCL is decent, but for upwards of £40 million, I'd rather go for one of the slightly younger talents on the continent we've been linked with e.g. Scamacca, Gouiri, Jonathan David etc Think they are more technical, and just have a bit more to their games, and likely won't cost as much.

As I even stated earlier, if it's down to DCL at upwards of £40 million or Kean at around £25 million, even with the discipline issues, I'd go with Kean. Think he's got far more upside and is really undervalued right now.