More transfer rumours

midds

12 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Personally I hope we go for quality rather than quantity. Having said that, we have to make some shrewd signings to fill up a bit too. 

Totally agree. We have enough "quantity" we are already going to struggle to shift. 

51 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It depends who goes. Clark has to be gone this window, still a possibility of Lascelles going, we'll need another CB but selling one or both of those two will raise some funds.

Also for that drop in quality between Diaby and Harrison & Sarr, I checked it out. Oof.

Unless I'm missing something, those stats don't prove anything. He's playing in Germany.

Compare him to Jadon Sancho - G/A in Germany 12G/14A, 17G/16A and 8G/11A. First season in England = 3 goals, 3 assists.

Edited by Keegans Export

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Unless I'm missing something, those stats don't prove anything. He's playing in Germany.

Compare him to Jadon Sancho - G/A in Germany 12G/14A, 17G/16A and 8G/11A. First season in England = 3 goals, 3 assists.

Think the mitigation there was that he signed for Man Utd. 

9 hours ago, hakka said:

Have read up on Paqueta? He isn't lazy or just a flair player. He's one of the hardest working at pressing and winning the ball high up the pitch for an attacking midfielder. We've already seen Bruno and Joelinton being very hard working and nicking the ball. Paqueta would add to that, not be someone who needs protecting as a luxury.

No I understand that hes not a Ben Arfa type that we'd have to carry defensively but to be fair I didnt realise he was as much as of a work horse as you are saying here.

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

How many cm/dm’s do you want?

We need a striker, cb and rm before that

Ideally a #10/AM and a DM. Then ship jonjo on his way. 

Two central mids is extremely unlikely unless we get the priority RW/Striker and CB through the door but I think we need another CM either way. 

2 hours ago, Gawalls said:

How many cm/dm’s do you want?

We need a striker, cb and rm before that

I'm not even convinced we are buying one CM let alone two.

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm not even convinced we are buying one CM let alone two.

Me neither or its certainly not considered a priority yet.

It's GK, CB, RW, for sure. Then plenty of hints towards a ST. Beyond that, it will be wheeling and dealing time.

If we make a sizable sale on someone, we might look at a CM. My guess would be a loan with a view to a permanent for a position like that.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Me neither or its certainly not considered a priority yet.

It's GK, CB, RW, for sure. Then plenty of hints towards a ST. Beyond that, it will be wheeling and dealing time.

If we make a sizable sale on someone, we might look at a CM. My guess would be a loan with a view to a permanent for a position like that.

I actually think it's an essential priority, you are not going to control games wth the current midfield we have.

I think so too, and have said so many times before. We need at least one midfielder imo. It’s vital. Whether it’s a priority at all or not is a different matter. Bruno gets injured and it’s not looking good. Don’t let that good run fool you when Bruno was on the bench. Naive to think it’s sustainable. 

While all of that is true, it's still not as important as making sure we have;

1. More creativity from wide areas

2. Someone for when Wilson is inevitably injured

3. A progressive centre back (which will help towards controlling the game).

I'd like a DM or an AM and I think we might see someone towards the end of the window. If the right player becomes available, like Bruno did, I could see us moving.

Something I think people forget, there's a good chance we have a budget set aside for January too, it might be a case of kicking that particular can down the road.

38 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I actually think it's an essential priority, you are not going to control games wth the current midfield we have.

Football isn't just about midfield any more. It's about ball retention all over the pitch which seemingly includes goalkeepers and central defenders. Then you have to add a player's abiilty to break or press the opposition into a mistake. While I'd love to have a world class CM alongside Bruno, I look at other areas of the pitch and think those need fixing first. Up front and wide forwards mainly.