More transfer rumours

midds

24 minutes ago, Ben said:

Who does he replace Shelvey ? 

More likely that he would take Willock's place in the team I think, although I think that Bruno will probably generally play in place of Shelvey in that deeper holding role next season.

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Isn’t he left sided? 

Yeah, he is. Danjuma usually cuts in from the left side. He's also played upfront at Villareal at times.

I think ideally, Eddie is looking for a left footer for that right hand side, someone that is a threat to cut inside. Opening up space for the full back to get forward.

I think a potential pickup from Villareal could be Samuel Chukwueze, who is an explosive left footed right winger that looks ready made for the premier league. Think the open spaces in the premier league would really suit him.

Villareal had another young left footed right winger emerge last season, Yeremy Pino, and so I think they'd be open to letting Chukwueze leave.

Doesn’t Erickson want to stay in London?

I can see him staying at Brentford if Spurs continue to knock him back, although I would not be surprised if the Dildo brothers Donny try to take him to West Ham.

46 minutes ago, STM said:

Personally, I think Shelvey will play that holding role. Alot of assumptions that Shelvey is somehow not going to be a first teamer next year.

Agreed. Not sure we’ll get a replacement in for him and he’ll be one of those names first on the team sheet for at least half of next season. 

16 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

It's the first thing I noticed in his videos. I was drooling at the thought of him, Bruno and Joelnton working for each other in the middle. Don't think we need a strictly CDM.

Tbf I hadnt watched a whole lot of him, had a look today and I see what you are saying.. I just hope there would be enough balance there with that combination of more forward thinking midfielders. 

14 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Agreed. Not sure we’ll get a replacement in for him and he’ll be one of those names first on the team sheet for at least half of next season. 

Shelvey's going into the last year of his contract, which hasn't been renewed. Don't think he'll be a first teamer.

I think Bruno, will play in the deeper role, and another central midfielder that is a goal threat will be added.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Shelvey's going into the last year of his contract, which hasn't been renewed. Don't think he'll be a first teamer.

I think Bruno, will play in the deeper role, and another central midfielder that is a goal threat will be added.

Whilst I wouldn't rule out us signing another midfielder, I'm fairly certain that Shelvey will get a new contract with us.

He mentioned just wanting to be part of the transition between the past and the future. I think he will probably accept a lesser role in the next couple of years. I get the impression he is settled here.

Personally, I've got no problem with Shelvey being a squad player in the future.

Edited by STM

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I hope this is right but I have the feeling Shelvey has a much bigger role to play next season than people are expecting. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Where's all this Eriksen talk coming from? Just off our odds dropping on sky? 

If he's turning down Man Utd, it's unlikely to be for us.

He will either stay at Brentford or go to Spurs IMO. I can't see any specific reason why could pull him in above a host of options.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

If he's turning down Man Utd, it's unlikely to be for us.

He will either stay at Brentford or go to Spurs IMO. I can't see any specific reason why could pull him in above a host of options.

You don’t see why we would appeal over Brentford?