More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

I accept that, but think he’ll enjoy his football more being at the upper end of the table and challenging. Just ‘enjoying football’- he might as well go back to Denmark. 

Not if he wouldn't enjoy playing his football in Denmark. 

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Both Dummet and Longstaff were sorted out pretty quickly towards the end of the season, but no deal in sight for Shelvey.

Because their contracts were expiring this season

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I accept that, but think he’ll enjoy his football more being at the upper end of the table and challenging. Just ‘enjoying football’- he might as well go back to Denmark. 

The article says he wants to stay in the PL and London. Also has a lot of offers abroud. 

I don’t think he owes Brentford anything. They gave him a 6 month deal and were in absolute free fall until he started playing, could easily argue he saved them from the drop. I would say he’s repaid the contract they gave him 

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

The article says he wants to stay in the PL and London. Also has a lot of offers abroud. 

So if he wants to stay in the PL, then presumably he’s got some degree of wanting to do the best he can, rather than just enjoy his football. 

Edited by Manxst

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

So if he wants to stay in the PL, then presumably he’s got some degree of wanting to do the best he can, rather than just enjoy his football. 

Well he knows hes way to good for the danish league, but what if his goal is enjoying his football in the PL with Brentford? Is that a problem? Maybe he likes the manager, the people in the club, the area. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Well he knows hes way to good for the danish league, but what if his goal is enjoying his football in the PL with Brentford? Is that a problem? Maybe he likes the manager, the people in the club, the area. 

No problem. But he could have all that AND chance of sporting prowess, greater financial security for his last years, and better fan bases at other clubs which would be interested. Whatever he can get at Brentford, he can get (and much more) elsewhere.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we're desperate to add someone that gets goals from that position, and if we were willing to go to £40 million for Diaby, as the rumours stated, then we won't be too far off the price for Raphinha I presume. No one has met Leeds asking price so maybe we steal in there.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Dont believe we actually wanted him at all, his character is the opposite of what Howe looks for

Edited by Nine

10 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I'm starting to get impatient in this transfer window. Not because I'm worried they're gonna fuck it up, but because I just wanna know who we're gonna sign already [emoji38]

Don't worry mate, join the club! 

Gabriel ‘Angel of the North’? Due to appear in front of Pope? 

I apologise, but had to insert this rumour about Gabriel Barbosa.  I know nothing about him, other than he already has has a Joelinton/Bruno haircut and the other speculative blurb in the article. 

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/newcastle-united-news/west-ham-transfer-news-barbosa-wolves-villa/

Edited by Coffee_Johnny