More transfer rumours

midds

If it is true that we're missing out on players like Courtiho (who probably keeps us up by himself) and Digne because they're out of our wage structure then it would be absurd if we were considering paying £17m for Chris Wood.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

25 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If it is true that we're missing out on players like Courtiho (who probably keeps us up by himself) and Digne because they're out of our wage structure then it would be absurd if we were considering paying £17m for Chris Wood.

I honestly think they should just fuck off with keeping "squad harmony" with the wage structure. What we have is performing dogshit, pay someone to do it better, if they whine, tell them to fucking do better.

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

I honestly think they should just fuck off with keeping "squad harmony" with the wage structure. What we have is performing dogshit, pay someone to do it better, if they whine, tell them to fucking do better.

Aye, I can understand the idea behind it but if Todd Cantwell is the limit of our budget for midfield then we're down like.

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Aye, I can understand the idea behind it but if Todd Cantwell is the limit of our budget for midfield then we're down like.

Aye, I can’t help but feel this would be the case as well. Hopefully it’s just Eddie Howe playing the media game. 

it’s quite simple, we need to get in the best players we possible can putting artificial restrictions on ourselves won’t help. 

Time is ticking. Probably curtains down if we lose against Watford. But IF we get enough players in before this game and we still lose then there would at least be a super mini mini chance of survival still. But, we lose that one without getting new players in before then we wont be able to sign any quality. Then we'll both look and be doomed 100%. Obviously massively important that we win, nut the pressure will be brutal and we dont have players that can handle that.

Edited by Ikon

I just hope this is not Howe's idea and worry about upsetting the existing squad.

Seems some of these signings are definitely his suggestions or young guys who will stay under the 100k.

Every manager we have says what a great set of lads they are. My old Sunday league team were a great set of lads, most were shite at football.

It's time to upset the holiday camp and if they they don't want to graft to earn their place and a pay increase then it's time to fuck off!

I see Wood as squad player, I think he'll be solid and help us get up the pitch. If nothing else score some corners.

But we need some talent too, big game players who can win games. That takes you over 100K unfortunately.

This is a monumental week for all involved.

39 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's not the wages it's the fact we are 2nd bottom of the league with a shit squad of players. 

If you could go to 10th place villa or say like 18th place Burnley which one would you choose? 

13 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

It's not the wages it's the fact we are 2nd bottom of the league with a shit squad of players. 

Being shit and second bottom doesn’t help - but the wages do seem to be a massive problem.  Caulkin has hinted at this; Hope said it directly on Twitter the other day.  They both appear to have a direct line to Staveley.  We’re not going to break the bank on wages - the current structure remains for this window.

Would be happy for this not to be the case - and the idea of this rotten lot getting pissed off because a decent professional is paid more is laughable. 

edit: here ye gan

https://mobile.twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1479497674902618115

Edited by MarkyMark

12 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

If you could go to 10th place villa or say like 18th place Burnley which one would you choose? 

If we're struggling to convince players to sign over Aston Villa then we're doing a really bad job of selling our project like.

Either or it's not great. Either we're not offering enough money, we're not selling ourselves well enough, or we believe signing players like Todd Cantwell makes more sense than Courtinho.

This is assuming the paper talk is largely correct though, as we don't have much else to go on.

Coutinhos went to Villa cos of his old pal Gerrard

That is a top signing and will help persuading other players to go there

Digne played with Coutinho as well

Add in we are relegation fodder. We aren't that big of an attraction to players believe it or not

We definitely won’t be attractive to players if we aren’t offering top wages mind. 

negativity aside, I’m sure some Journo mentioned we are after players which the press hasn’t caught wind of as well which is hopefully a positive. 

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

What a difference a few days makes on here like

Full blown meltdowns expected if we've not signed anyone before the end of the week

I am in semi-blown meltdown - cause the shit squad we have cant even beat a league 1 team.

EDIT:

No, but seriously. This is an intense period for us. There is winnable games coming up, and if we get going now there is quite the chance of being able to save this season and not need to go down with our overpayed dross and try to peddle it.

Think about it this way. These weeks literally define if we are going to stay up or not. I have no faith at all in the 11 bar Wilson and Trippier. I said it before as well. I believe we need 6 signings minimum to be able to stay up, and that was before an 8 week injury that really hampered our chances.

Edited by worthy

1 minute ago, jack j said:

What a difference a few days makes on here like

Full blown meltdowns expected if we've not signed anyone before the end of the week

I don’t see a meltdown personally, I see people speculating with the information they have. 

*worthy aside :lol:

Edited by r0cafella

No meltdown required if we don’t sign anyone and we beat Watford.

But serious - and reasonable - questions will need asking if we don’t sign anyone and lose on Saturday.  Doesn’t need to be called a ‘meltdown’.  

1 minute ago, worthy said:

I am i semi-blown meltdown - cause the shit squad we have cant even beat a league 1 team.

They have signed one player and are very actively trying to sign other very well thought of players by all accounts

Sometimes it not just as easy as throw ££££ at it. We are 2nd bottom of the league due to the neglect of the previous bastard of an owner. If we go down this season then so be it. Its not on the heads of the current owners

Just now, MarkyMark said:

No meltdown required if we don’t sign anyone and we beat Watford.

But serious - and reasonable - questions will need asking if we don’t sign anyone and lose on Saturday.  Doesn’t need to be called a ‘meltdown’.  

Questions towards who?