More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

We're aproaching the middle of January and have signed a right back. I think it's fair enough to point out that we need to get a shift on like [emoji38]

If it was as easy as you're making out we would have signed a full team

They're obviously trying to attract players in

It's a million miles away to where we were 3 months ago

People are expecting the world

We just want a club that tries I keep hearing people say

I think alot just want a club that throws billions at the problem tbh

1 minute ago, MarkyMark said:

The recruitment team - the board - the manager.  All of them.  It would border on negligence - lose to Watford and we’re really in the shite.

Negligence by the former owner aye. You can't sign a full team in 10 days man fucking hell

It's obvious they are pursuing signings. Plenty reasons why players don't want to come here

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

What a difference a few days makes on here like

Full blown meltdowns expected if we've not signed anyone before the end of the week

Not exactly a meltdown over the last 'few days' considering everyone has been saying for weeks that we needed a couple in for Watford. 

Nothing's changed other than it's now become more urgent due to our only forward being injured and the state of the teams confidence/application after Saturday. 

I don’t need a club that tries - just one that is competently run and attempts to actually win things.  No-one is suggesting anyone throws billions at it.  So far the club hasn’t spent its own money, never mind anyone else’s. 

Just now, jack j said:

Negligence by the former owner aye. You can't sign a full team in 10 days man fucking hell

It's obvious they are pursuing signings. Plenty reasons why players don't want to come here

Nobody's said sign a full team in 10 days. 

Just now, Wilson said:

Not exactly a meltdown over the last 'few days' considering everyone has been saying for weeks that we needed a couple in for Watford. 

Nothing's changed other than it's now become more urgent due to our only forward being injured and the state of the teams confidence/application after Saturday. 

Sums it up. Not a meltdown but people are understandably thinking that we might not get enough in before Watford. Which is worrying if so. 

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

If we're struggling to convince players to sign over Aston Villa then we're doing a really bad job of selling our project like.

Either or it's not great. Either we're not offering enough money, we're not selling ourselves well enough, or we believe signing players like Todd Cantwell makes more sense than Courtinho.

This is assuming the paper talk is largely correct though, as we don't have much else to go on.

Really? Cause all our project has is lots of potential money and promises. At this point in time we are not attractive and that's how players will assess us. Coutinho is 29, why would he buy into a 5 year project which atm we are at rock bottom off. These players are milionaires they don't need hard graft for the good of a club, that's why the likes of martial, auba, coutinho, ramsay are risky recruitment choices for where we are at. 

It will change if we stay up but people being pissed we are missing out on players now is ridiculous. We are 2nd bottom with 1 win and a shite squad, just been dumped out of the cup against league 1 opposition and people are pissed we have missed out on a player from Barcelona. It's comical and taking it out on the directors.

Also, it can’t be understated because Watford at home is a game we really need to win. 

I think most sane posters know it isn’t easy but given the weekend and Wilson’s injury people are starting to feel apprehensive which is reasonable. 

The feeling, and i repeat the feeling I have, is that for all the biggup talk and being ready for the window with clear targets and such. It truly feels like we have barely been in contact with anyone bar Trippier before the window even started. That is what worries me. I would have thought that they have had a clear list of targets to go after, perhaps touched base with agents and the club it self. But it feels like its kinda winging it based on what comes up next. Now, they might just be taking the piss and have like 3 players ready to sign, just waiting for some paperwork or anything, but going in to this watford gaming with the side that lost to a league 1 side, does not really fill me to the brim with any confidence :lol:

Just now, jack j said:

If it was as easy as you're making out we would have signed a full team

They're obviously trying to attract players in

It's a million miles away to where we were 3 months ago

People are expecting the world

We just want a club that tries I keep hearing people say

I think alot just want a club that throws billions at the problem tbh

We're likely going to get relegated if we don't add genuine quality to the side, preferably starting before the Watford game.

It's irrelevant whether or not the previous owner was shite or whether or not the new owners are trying. If we're looking at the window so far, and the players were linked with, we're taking a massive gamble on going down.

If we have a few under the radar then fair enough but we can hardly discuss those can we?

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Sums it up. Not a meltdown but people are understandably thinking that we might not get enough in before Watford. Which is worrying if so. 

Nah, there definitely has been a meltdown like 🤣

Waugh in the Athletic:

”The embarrassing FA Cup exit at home to third-tier Cambridge United has “focused minds” when it comes to securing signings, according to well-placed sources, and the board has reaffirmed its commitment to strengthening the squad imminently.

Yasir Al-Rumayyan, governor of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) and the club's executive vice-chairman, visited the dressing room following the 1-0 defeat, flanked by Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi, the co-owners, before speaking to Eddie Howe, the head coach.

The hierarchy delivered a positive message, attempting to gee up the players, rather than lambast them for the humiliating loss, and vowed that better times lie ahead. Privately, Al-Rumayyan has also stressed the need for further transfer breakthroughs to be made quickly after Kieran Trippier arrived from Atletico Madrid last week.”

And

“Burnley's Chris Wood is on Newcastle's list of targets, although he is understood to be “one of many” they are considering, both home and abroad.

Sven Botman remains Newcastle's top centre-back target, with Howe keen to pair the Dutchman with Diego Carlos, though both Lille and Sevilla respectively are demanding sizeable fees. As first reported by The Athletic, Monaco's Benoit Badiashile is an alternative to Botman, and talks for the 21-year-old intensified over the weekend.

Ideally, Howe also wants a left-back and a midfielder, alongside two centre-backs and at least one forward before the window closes.”

The critical excerpts.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Also, it can’t be understated because Watford at home is a game we really need to win. 

I think most sane posters know it isn’t easy but given the weekend and Wilson’s injury people are starting to feel apprehensive which is reasonable. 

Yep.  I keep hearing that the club are targeting getting six players in the window - if true, that’s great.  But we need a centre forward before Saturday, and ideally a centre half too.

We literally don’t have anyone who can play upfront before our biggest match of the season.  By the time we play Watford, the transfer window will have been open for over two weeks - and it isn’t as if you need to wait for it to open before bidding for players.  I don’t doubt that it is difficult, nor do I think that we need all our targets in right now - but if we go into that game on Saturday with no-one up top and lose, there’s nothing wrong with questioning what the strategy is. 

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Waugh in the Athletic:

”The embarrassing FA Cup exit at home to third-tier Cambridge United has “focused minds” when it comes to securing signings, according to well-placed sources, and the board has reaffirmed its commitment to strengthening the squad imminently.

Yasir Al-Rumayyan, governor of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) and the club's executive vice-chairman, visited the dressing room following the 1-0 defeat, flanked by Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi, the co-owners, before speaking to Eddie Howe, the head coach.

The hierarchy delivered a positive message, attempting to gee up the players, rather than lambast them for the humiliating loss, and vowed that better times lie ahead. Privately, Al-Rumayyan has also stressed the need for further transfer breakthroughs to be made quickly after Kieran Trippier arrived from Atletico Madrid last week.”

And

“Burnley's Chris Wood is on Newcastle's list of targets, although he is understood to be “one of many” they are considering, both home and abroad.

Sven Botman remains Newcastle's top centre-back target, with Howe keen to pair the Dutchman with Diego Carlos, though both Lille and Sevilla respectively are demanding sizeable fees. As first reported by The Athletic, Monaco's Benoit Badiashile is an alternative to Botman, and talks for the 21-year-old intensified over the weekend.

Ideally, Howe also wants a left-back and a midfielder, alongside two centre-backs and at least one forward before the window closes.”

The critical excerpts.

Thanks for sharing Rich. 

targeting two top centre half’s is the sort of ambition which will help nerves especially if they can be sorted before Watford. 

8 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Really? Cause all our project has is lots of potential money and promises. At this point in time we are not attractive and that's how players will assess us. Coutinho is 29, why would he buy into a 5 year project which atm we are at rock bottom off. These players are milionaires they don't need hard graft for the good of a club, that's why the likes of martial, auba, coutinho, ramsay are risky recruitment choices for where we are at. 

It will change if we stay up but people being pissed we are missing out on players now is ridiculous. We are 2nd bottom with 1 win and a shite squad, just been dumped out of the cup against league 1 opposition and people are pissed we have missed out on a player from Barcelona. It's comical and taking it out on the directors.

Again, regardless of us being 2nd bottom, if we're struggling to sell ourselves to players despite having the richest owners on the planet then we're doing something wrong. Villa, who have been absolutely shite up until the last couple of month, are doing something right.

This is just going off of paper talk. We may actually have some exciting stuff lined up.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Waugh in the Athletic:

And

The critical excerpts.

‘Privately, Al-Rumayyan has also stressed the need for further transfer breakthroughs to be made quickly after Kieran Trippier arrived from Atletico Madrid last week’ is the big one for me.  I generally trust the lads at the Athletic in terms of insider stuff.  Sounds like the chairman isn’t saying anything different from what that the ‘meltdown brigade’ on here are saying ;)

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Thanks for sharing Rich. 

targeting two top centre half’s is the sort of ambition which will help nerves especially if they can be sorted before Watford. 

One centre back and a striker in time for Watford would be ideal and then another to join before the window closes.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

One centre back and a striker in time for Watford would be ideal and then another to join before the window closes.

Agree, might just be enough to see us through. I don’t think anyone is convinced with ASM playing up front EH Included. 

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Very few rumours flying around this morning compared to the buzz of last week. Similar to the takeover, I wonder if it was Staveley/our side briefing reporters and the penny’s dropped it’s worth winding her neck in a little.

My feeling is transfer stories are usually fed from agents to flush out interest, create competition so the biggest bag can be secured. 

What does relegation cost - 1 year and say £150m as well as having to trade players to get us out of the championship.

Nothing is guaranteed but if Botman and Carlos are the top CB targets then it makes little sense haggling over say £5 to £10M difference at this point.  Fine when you have time in summer etc and not over a barrel but in January, if it would take an extra £5m to Lille to seal Botman then do it.  If they then up the price again then time to move onto next target.

Just my opinion, if we are going for 5 extra players this window and we have to spend £5-10M extra each that's £50M.    Compared to loss of £150m, plus extra for player trading, doesn't make sense to haggle for too long, false economy!