More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I actually think Cantwell would be a great signing. Miles better than Almiron and still young enough to improve. 

That was my direct comparison as well, at least we know he can strike a ball unlike little Miggles. 

Was hoping for a Craig Hope special tonight, alas it was not meant to be :sad:

Although 'The Gallowgate End Pigeon' on twitter says there will be a massive breaking transfer regarding us either tonight or in the morning. That probably belongs in the twitter bollocks thread though 

Wouldn't be averse to signing Wood as long as another striker comes in with him, maybe someone young and more unproven of Barbossa's ilk, who wouldn't then have all the pressure of being the only fit striker at the club. 

28 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I actually think Cantwell would be a great signing. Miles better than Almiron and still young enough to improve. 

But if it’s true like the Norwich fans says that he’s lost interest - why come here? We need players willing to fight for survival. Not someone who lost interest and plays for a team in the bottom three?

35 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Not this season but my concern is filling the squad with players that can't cut it at the top level on 3/4 year contracts and then having to shift deadwood again.

Exactly the right answer, we have enough deadwood (nearly a whole squad) to shift, without adding some more to the pike.

Edited by et tu brute

Don't mind Wood but it just brings it home how difficult it must be to bring in a higher quality ST even with money, if rumors are correct sounds like targets are gradually getting worse each week.

Cantwell was absolute class for Norwich, a creator and a goalscorer. A lot of my mates are Norwich fans and they're just bitter because he got in a strop, blaming him instead of the club/manager. 

Nobody really knows what's happened behind the scenes. 

We need a creative player though, and lots of them, so would be happy if we bring him in. 

Norwich fans generally rate Cantwell as a player, but they're not happy with his antics. He wouldn't sign a new contract and he's barely played this season, no one really knows why and there's all kinds of speculation (injury, family problems, general unprofessionalism, etc).

Edited by The Prophet

20 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Exactly the right answer, we have enough deadwood (nearly a whole squad) to shift, without adding some more to the pike.

Is that not just how squads evolve though? You build on it season on season and ship the players who are surplus to requirements.

Howe used to use Brooks as a link up type of player, maybe in a 4-2-3-1 Cantwell links up the attack. Haven’t seen enough of him to judge, but in tandem with other new signings he might be a useful addition. We certainly need someone who can pick a pass in the final third.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is that not just how squads evolve though? You build on it season on season and ship the players who are surplus to requirements.

You don’t evolve by adding more deadwood to the squad though, you replace them with a much higher quality if you really want to progress. Wood and Cantwell is just adding more deadwood whilst Trippier is evolving the squad.