More transfer rumours

midds

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So someone that drops deep to receive the ball off the centre backs to help beat a press, and then intelligently and efficiently distribute the ball with shorter passes to players further ahead, while also being able to dribble out of tight spots when under pressure.

Sooo...Bruno?

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

From what I've been reading Chelsea fans seem to want Gallagher playing ahead of Kante for them. Don't think we'd have any chance getting him. 

They aren’t similar types of player though are they ?

Looks decent in those clips. Signing a CM like that would certainly help with cover in that position and the fact he's still so young but with some Premier League experience is a massive bonus.

48 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Sooo...Bruno?

Not quite. Far more boring (not in a bad way!) than Bruno. More a midfielder that is always an available outlet deep and keeps things ticking over with the ball, continuously playing shorter more simple passes repeatedly around the pitch, finding the best route from which more creative players (like Bruno) can then seek to open up teams.

Edited by KaKa

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Man, I can't even lie, I really prefer a more gradual build centred around clever scouting and young talents, so I'm enjoying the current process. 

Especially with the fact we have such a good young manager in place too. Think we are going to be a big surprise this coming season, and will be in great shape going forward.

I think I feel the same. 

Majority these days  seem to want instant gratification.

But I think in the same way I still prefer older films and slow burn storytelling. 

I think I'll enjoy the gradual progression more. As long as eventually success is guaranteed... I'm 33, I still want to see us win something in my life time ?

15 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Doesn't seem the best use of a player on the pitch IMO. 

It's the kind of role Pep has had Busquets and now Rodri play for him. They are always leaders in the number of touches per game and the number of passes played per game to help dominate possession. Think it's more of a Spanish, Italian and South American style perhaps. It's also very effective for beating the press when playing out from the back.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, alexf said:

I think I feel the same. 

Majority these days  seem to want instant gratification.

But I think in the same way I still prefer older films and slow burn storytelling. 

I think I'll enjoy the gradual progression more. As long as eventually success is guaranteed... I'm 33, I still want to see us win something in my life time ?

I'm 100% with you.

I genuinely think it will be so much more satisfying if we win something this way. Think the Man City style approach would have actually turned me off a bit.

Even with Liverpool, I respect their recent progression a lot more than Man City's. They nailed the manager appointment with Klopp, which was the most important thing, but then I also like how he's built his team from a mix of youth players, players off relegated teams, freebie signings, and then they've spent money too but far more sensibly IMO.

6 hours ago, Rich said:

Aye, I'm sure Rafa himself was loving the business he got to do while managing here. Jesus fucking Christ. :lol:

The number of first to fourth choice targets he missed out on due to Ashley’s penny-pinching and the interference of Justin Barnes and the rest of the bellends was unreal!

He was scraping in the basement bin and did superbly considering!

6 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

A touch concerned that we might go into the season with no above average RW's an injury away from Wood playing a lot of the season and a Bruno injury away from our midfield looking distinctly lower mid table.

Really hope we are pushing for deals.

Sorry man ... I've heard they've found it all too taxing this summer and so just can't be arsed with anymore signings, and so are just going to leave it till next summer now! :D

29 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

A touch concerned that we might go into the season with no above average RW's an injury away from Wood playing a lot of the season and a Bruno injury away from our midfield looking distinctly lower mid table.

Really hope we are pushing for deals.

In the past 6 months we’ve signed:

Trippier

Burn

Wood

Targett

Bruno

Pope

Targett again

Botman

There’s 7 weeks to go in the window. We have an incredibly competent manager and one of the best sporting directors in the country. We’re bankrolled by the richest people in the world.

We’ll do what needs to be done.

Edited by bowlingcrofty

30 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Sorry man ... I've heard they've found it all too taxing this summer and so just can't be arsed with anymore signings, and so are just going to leave it till next summer now! :D

Right wingers are abit like trying to move house. 

11 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

In the past 6 months we’ve signed:

Trippier

Burn

Wood

Targett

Bruno

Pope

Targett again

Botman

There’s 7 weeks to go in the window. We have an incredibly competent manager and one of the best sporting directors in the country. We’re bankrolled by the richest people in the world.

We’ll do what needs to be done.

Where's the positives in this post ?

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Not quite. Far more boring (not in a bad way!) than Bruno. More a midfielder that is always an available outlet deep and keeps things ticking over with the ball, continuously playing shorter more simple passes repeatedly around the pitch, finding the best route from which more creative players (like Bruno) can then seek to open up teams.

I think those are really underrated qualities in a CM.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Stinks of Florian Grillitsch. Who is still a free agent.