More transfer rumours

midds

Anyone hearing that rumour that ours and Man Citys owners got into a barney in an Amalfi coast Shisha bar? Apparently they were giving it the big un saying we'll never compete in the Premierleague and haven't got the minerals to spend big, ended with our owners shouting down the blower to pay what ever is necessary to get Diaby in by Friday. Might just be rumours mind.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Anyone hearing that rumour that ours and Man Citys owners got into a barney in an Amalfi coast Shisha bar? Apparently they were giving it the big un saying we'll never compete in the Premierleague and haven't got the minerals to spend big, ended with our owners shouting down the blower to pay what ever is necessary to get Diaby in by Friday. Might just be rumours mind.

Not enough salt in the world.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

:lol:

:lol:

I heard Amanda dropped Sheikh Mansour with an RKO through a table, then Reuben and Mehrdad did a 3D on Al Mubarak through another table. They celebrated with a beer bash.

22 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

IGNKvGO.gif

4 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Must admit, I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by our efforts in comparison to other so-called big clubs (the rich ones). That said, it's probably safe to say that some of it down to the shit infrastructure we've had for so long.

We are starting from the bottom we’ve done incredible so far. In only 1 and half windows. 

we’ve upgraded the squad with genuine quality in Pope, Trippoer, Botman & Bruno and Target & Burn may not be the most exciting but they have made us very sold at the back

Edited by gdm

5 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Must admit, I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by our efforts in comparison to other so-called big clubs (the rich ones). That said, it's probably safe to say that some of it down to the shit infrastructure we've had for so long.

There's 50 odd days till the transfer window ends..... be strong wee man!

6 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Then you’re living out the narrative about our fans having ‘unrealistic expectations’

10 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

:facepalm:

Even if we signed no one else I wouldn't say it's been a bad transfer window. Pope, Targett and Botman are all really good additions; the latter especially you can imagine will improve us a lot. 

It's a moot point, though, cos we'll definitely make more signings. We're in no rush to act and we aren't doing. I recall saying shortly after the Botman signing that I wouldn't be aghast if nothing else happened until the closing stages of the window.

We've built our foundations, everything else is decoration. All that's left to decide is whether we end up with a grand design or just a good, solid house. Either way there's nee rush. 

Waugh was on a fan channel earlier, I've not listened myself, but the summary on incomings was:

Howe is really happy with the business done to date but he wants to add goals to the squad 

By getting a lot of business done early we've bough ourselves time to assess the market and consider our options 

Asensio has been offered to us but he's not a priority. He doesn't fit the clubs profile of what they're looking for

We like Paqueta and we asked about him in January but he's not a priority due to his price and the position he plays. We see his best position as a number ten, but our system doesn't require one 

The situation is fluid. They initially wanted a centre forward such as DCL to directly compete with Wilson but they now want a younger player who can play across the front line 

Isak continues to feature heavily in our recruitment discussions 

He thinks there's around £40 million left to spend maybe a bit more than that

Newcastle are keeping targets close to their chest which makes it frustrating to report on

Yes, don't get me wrong, I'm not wigging out yet, just a bit disappointed every time I see other clubs signing or close to signing players we'd previously been linked with (though how true those links were is up for debate). I know we're a millions times better than we were, the new owners are a fantastic improvement, it's hard not to get swayed by comparisons with how Man City changed so quickly when they got bought out. I know we're supposed to be taking a more steady approach, it doesn't stop you dreaming though and being a little impatient - sometimes logic and reality takes a battering from fantasising.

55 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Have you just made this up in your head? 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Waugh was on a fan channel earlier, I've not listened myself, but the summary on incomings was:

Howe is really happy with the business done to date but he wants to add goals to the squad 

By getting a lot of business done early we've bough ourselves time to assess the market and consider our options 

Asensio has been offered to us but he's not a priority. He doesn't fit the clubs profile of what they're looking for

We like Paqueta and we asked about him in January but he's not a priority due to his price and the position he plays. We see his best position as a number ten, but our system doesn't require one 

The situation is fluid. They initially wanted a centre forward such as DCL to directly compete with Wilson but they now want a younger player who can play across the front line 

Isak continues to feature heavily in our recruitment discussions 

He thinks there's around £40 million left to spend maybe a bit more than that

Newcastle are keeping targets close to their chest which makes it frustrating to report on

If there's genuinely only £40m left then we're not getting anywhere near signing any of the main targets that have been mentioned. 

58 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Don't care if it didn't happen, it happened. No one will tell me otherwise. 😂

Yeah, we’ve been “rich” for like a minute and we’re already starting to act like Arsenal fans. We have a plan and I trust we’ll fill most of the holes in our squad with a couple of decent players before the window slams(!) shut.

We're basically starting from ground zero, like. No saleable assets in terms of existing squad/deadwood, no academy of note producing players that can generate additional funds.

Look at the outgoings of the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City. They make millions selling players you've never even heard of. 

The fact we can't even bring in even a little bit of additional money through sales is a pain right now. Even a few million each for deadwood would have built up to getting another first team player.

It's going to be such a long process catching up. 

14 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Yes, don't get me wrong, I'm not wigging out yet, just a bit disappointed every time I see other clubs signing or close to signing players we'd previously been linked with (though how true those links were is up for debate). I know we're a millions times better than we were, the new owners are a fantastic improvement, it's hard not to get swayed by comparisons with how Man City changed so quickly when they got bought out. I know we're supposed to be taking a more steady approach, it doesn't stop you dreaming though and being a little impatient - sometimes logic and reality takes a battering from fantasising.

I know they bought Robinho pretty soon after the takeover, but wasn't it then another 18 months before they really splashed the cash? It also took them 2 1/2 years to win anything. I'm not sure what comparison you're trying to make?

Edited by Shearergol

Seems slightly far fetched by Diaby and Broja on loan would be class like. 

Think Chelsea would want Broja as a guranteed starter but if we could get him, we'd really have room to manoeuvre. Diaby probably too expensive. Would have hoped for a bit more than another 40m to spend. You're not getting a right sided forward and a half decent striker for 40m combined like. Not in this market. May have to be one or the other, but that leaves us a bit short in my book. Ideally we dont want any of Murphy, Almiron, Wood or even Fraser starting as first choice like. 

14 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Reminder - FFP didn't exist then. It does now.