More transfer rumours

midds

Spend how much it takes to keep our promise to Bruno and more :) He wouldn’t have come here IF we were signing the likes of Dennis and Broja on loan and so on. Not that I have any clue on what he has been promised. I assume it’s more ambition than this.  But also, step by step as the man himself has said. We need to do well and show signs of progress relatively quickly or players like Bruno won’t be staying. 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Toney will get 15 goals a season and will not need time to settle into

English football. He’ll only improve too. No brainer for me. 

What makes you think he will score this many? Didn’t he score like 6 goals last season in the league if you don’t count penalties. Overrated and expensive. 

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Has he pace? 

I see that they're still recycling the same names. Harrison and Toney have been linked since May.

I find it totally plausible we've given up on Diaby due to his asking price, but I'm pretty sure we'll have more names than Sarr, Harrison and Diaby on the list. The idea that we've been taken by suprise by either asking price seems highly unlikely when neither Leverkusen or Leeds need to sell.

18 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

With prices at the minute I think we’d end up paying waaay over the odds.

13 minutes ago, Ikon said:

What makes you think he will score this many? Didn’t he score like 6 goals last season in the league if you don’t count penalties. Overrated and expensive. 

14 goals last season. Remind me last time we had a 14 goal a season player? 

Just now, Stifler said:

Toney is overrated in my opinion. He’s decent, but he’s not at the level we want to be out and never will be.

I'd argue that Toney is a clear upgrade on Wood.

11 minutes ago, STM said:

As much as our fans would be foaming.... I'd rather sign noone than someone who isn't clearly a better option than what we already have.

I'm not sure Craig is much better either to be fair, he's not done much since leaving Cardiff a few years ago.

Toney is similar to a fit Wilson. Makes no sense to spend so much on him while we still need strengthening in other places.

We should either get someone who is clearly better than Wilson so at least it makes sense to bench him, or we should get a youngster with potential who can fill in Wilson’s shoes as he gets injured and can develop by next year into our main striker. (Someone in the profile of Ekitike, Mara etc.)

18 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why wouldn’t he? Completely different set up now

We ignored him and underused him basically where Brentford have been amazing for his career.  Just can’t imagine he looks at our time with a smile on his face that’s all.

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Toney is overrated in my opinion. He’s decent, but he’s not at the level we want to be out and never will be.

I kind of agree - it is not as if he stood out in the Brentford sign.  I think he's an excellent Championship striker but he's still to prove himself in the Premier League.