More transfer rumours

midds

21 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Less than 3 weeks to go before the season starts. It's becoming likely that even if we do get a signing in before then that they won't be in the starting line up for Forest. 

No problem with that. The most important thing are that we have a competent squad when the window closes.

31 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Signed two players since then tbf 

27 minutes ago, LV said:

Yep seems to check out with what @Ando7was saying 

:lol: You lot. You really don’t help the internet weirdo stereotype.

He said ‘medicals’ after Targett had signed, by the way and it was about three weeks after that Botman signed  

His vague non-committal nonsense pulls through again though.

His source wasn’t great for the CEO appointment too. Guess it only works well for well publicised events.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I'm sure Bruno would have been told the same as what we have all been told, so folks just need to take a deep breath and chill out.

The man has only just come over in January, and people are already starting to panic that he will be off because we are not showing enough ambition, based on assumptions being made on what players he thinks are good enough and which aren't. My goodness.

Dude, you are totally overreacting and reading waaayy too much into my post. I have no panic whatsoever :lol: There’s still plenty of time. I’m just stating the obvious, hypothetically IF we don’t fulfill from our side and don’t progress then that is the way it will go. I’m sure we will get some players in, but I also think it’s going a bit slow and that probably has to do about many reasons, absolutely not necessarily our fault either. So far we have only made one “proper” signing. Pope was from a relegation team and Targett was already all but done. I’m sure there’s more to come. The market is insane and inflated right now. Sooner or later we might have to accept that we have to pay a bit extra to get deals done. I think the club is doing it the right way now, with patience and not just wasting money as if there was no tomorrow. End of the day though, we must get some players in. Yea, they need to be the right ones too. 

49 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

To be fair, it’s not going to be much of a challenge to beat his total of two last season.

Will be a complete fail if he’s anywhere near the pitch. Another striker is vital this window.

No required incomings is now vital - we now have a competent setup from the board right the way through, a squad that can compete and more importantly a long term game plan that seems to be getting carried out competently.

Nothing wrong with hoping for new players etc but in 6 short months they’ve removed the need for phrases like “vital” or “desperate for”.

There’s no way Mara is staying at Bordeaux next season so it just depends on whether we want him and whether there’s serious other bidders, were Atleti mentioned as the other potential bidder?

Another thing with Wood is that there were other players who were equally as ineffective in their primary role, but gave a lot to the collective and got no where near as much stick. Shelvey and Fraser spring to mind.

I have absolutely no doubt that the recruitment team know what needs strengthening and have scouted, enquired about and background checked numerous players in each of those. If they have to wait until deadline day to get their man so be it, but I'm fairly sure we'll bring at least another two in.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Another thing with Wood is that there were other players who were equally as ineffective in their primary role, but gave a lot to the collective and got no where near as much stick. Shelvey and Fraser spring to mind.

Every single player contributed to the cause, and deserves our thanks. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I have absolutely no doubt that the recruitment team know what needs strengthening and have scouted, enquired about and background checked numerous players in each of those. If they have to wait until deadline day to get their man so be it, but I'm fairly sure we'll bring at least another two in.

Aye. And I for one will be happy to hear nothing until then.

Deadline day Isnt exactly ideal. Would avoid every day of the week if possible. Would mean we haven’t done it right 90% of the window. Stupid to leave it to “chance”. Deadline day should only be for signings after all the must do ones are made. After that we should be open minded. If the opportunity comes up then a signing could be a bonus on deadline day. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

We're short on goals like, it's not reactionary to say that. The defence has had a lot of work but the attack is looking very threadbare now. 

We struggled for goals last season, certainly. But we were introducing a new forward and developing a tactic for the first time in 2.5 years.

Could still potentially raise some money in sales from Darlow, Manquillo or Lewis, Murphy or Almiron. 

Can't see us getting anything for Gayle, Ritchie or Fernandez but you never know there could be some very nominal fees for the latter two.

Could perhaps get 500k-1 million together for Watts and M. Longstaff.

If we're lucky there may be 10 million or so all told which could a long way to paying for somebody like Mara.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I’m not - I think one signing and I have no f@cking idea of their plans but to me it seems we’re at least one window away from really ramping up recruitment to next level as a lot of contacts run out next year and we get new advertising with current deal running out next year.

i think they’ll get what they need and that’s it This window, in my opinion that’s one more signing to add more creativity.

If we don’t then I’ll still be very happy - just think where we were last summer.

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Could still potentially raise some money in sales from Darlow, Manquillo or Lewis, Murphy or Almiron. 

Can't see us getting anything for Gayle, Ritchie or Fernandez but you never know there could be some very nominal fees for the latter two.

Could perhaps get 500k-1 million together for Watts and M. Longstaff.

If we're lucky there may be 10 million or so all told which could a long way to paying for somebody like Mara.

If we sold or moved on that amount then I think the reduction in dead wood would be more beneficial to be honest.

im gutted Ritchie and Gayle haven’t been moved on, maybe even Murphy would be great result.

12 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

If we sold or moved on that amount then I think the reduction in dead wood would be more beneficial to be honest.

im gutted Ritchie and Gayle haven’t been moved on, maybe even Murphy would be great result.

They should have been moved on 3 years ago, instead Mike Ashley lumbered us by handing out relegation fighter contracts.