More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Leeds fans don’t seem particularly bothered about Harrison going. That’s always a ‘red flag’

If a wide player who almost got double figures in goals scored last season is a red flag, imagine the colors on our wide players.

Just had a quick scan on their reactions of an 18m bid on Twitter (not the greatest source) and general feeling from Leeds fans was "double it". Hardly suggestive of a fanbase who don't rate a player.

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

sorry but if you buy at 30 and sell at 15 you’ve made a loss.

it may be an acceptable loss but it’s a loss

Not in accounting and FFP terms it's not.

Nor in football matches where football is played, not this balance sheet/cashflow game that people seem to judge clubs on nowadays.

Edited by Hhtoon

Getting Harrison is a bit like the Targett signing imo, the other team has just strengthened that position, so may look to offload, like Digne at Villa. He's nothing flashy, but you know what you're going to get, a player who consistently puts in a shift, has good numbers, and a solid top-ten player, that will progress us and be a stepping stone player whois better then anything else we currently have.

If we're getting Harrison then consider me whelmed, but honestly our set of wingers just aren't good enough currently. If we get this lad in, someone who at least appears to have some end product, then we can look at the more sexy signing in that position in January or Summer 2023. Then our set of wingers is looking good, hopefully with Murphy and Almiron respectfully ushered towards the exit by then. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Just had a quick scan on their reactions of an 18m bid on Twitter (not the greatest source) and general feeling from Leeds fans was "double it". Hardly suggestive of a fanbase who don't rate a player.

Or that they believe that we have Saudi money to burn? 

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

If a wide player who almost got double figures in goals scored last season is a red flag, imagine the colors on our wide players.

This is why I want someone at the highest quality we can get as don’t think I can handle seeing every attack down the right fizzle out time and again next season. 

11 minutes ago, STM said:

I imagine that’s because of the stories saying Leeds want £34m and they want the money to spend elsewhere and not a reflection on his ability. If a story came out saying we want £34m for Almiron and a club that everyone thinks is mega rich bid £18m I’d be saying double it too 

Edited by gdm

10 minutes ago, STM said:

It’s a bit like us expecting 6-8m for someone like Lewis. When you think of it that way we’re only offering just above double for a regular starter of them.

I mean, he's not even our first choice winger from Leeds to sign this summer, as by all accounts we held a firm interest in Raphina, so I can understand some being slightly underwhelmed. However, his numbers are good, I'm sure he offers graft as well as industry, and if our transfer 'committee' are sold on him, well let's defer to their judgement eh. I'm sure those fans will be pleasantly surprised if he does join. 

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Craig No Hope

Blows my mind that no one had a clue about this until the plane watch & agent Instagram and now being linked to him is now a thing. If we haven’t moved beyond exploring then what’s his agent in Newcastle for giving it the eyes emoji 

45 minutes ago, Pilko said:

IQuite a lot of folk on twitter etc calling it "underwhelming" or "uninspiring" etc but I don't agree, I think he'd be class.

Quite a lot of Twitter folk are sweaty little nerds.

57 minutes ago, gdm said:

Blows my mind that no one had a clue about this until the plane watch & agent Instagram and now being linked to him is now a thing. If we haven’t moved beyond exploring then what’s his agent in Newcastle for giving it the eyes emoji 

Aye, they’re all completely out the loop now Ashworths in and they’re feeding off twitter nerds.

Edited by RodneyCisse

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

I honestly think most of the time we know before them.  They then look at here and twitter and post articles like they know, when they probably contact the press officer at the club and get no comment now.

100%.

44 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Craig No Hope

Surely it's a bit further along than being on a list, if we're chatting to his agent? I'm not suggesting its advanced or anything, but I think there's something in it.

Why the fuck would Hope know. He'd never mentioned the fucker til that twitter post earlier

As people above are saying every single one of these journos are a laughing stock

Boils me piss