Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf, if I was him at his age I'd stay where I am. Wouldn't fancy coming here to be thrown into a situation where I have to score goals or the richest club in the world gets relegated.

I think I’d move anywhere if someone is trebling (or potentially more) my salary tbh.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I think I’d move anywhere if someone is trebling (or potentially more) my salary tbh.

It's not the be-all-and-end-all when he'll likely get that move regardless. He's 19 and would be moving to another country, into a high pressure/high responsibility situation, which isn't easy at the best of times let alone at that age.

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Because for some people thankfully money isn't everything.  Nevermind moving to a completely different country.

Edited by neesy111

Just now, STM said:

Can't really see why he wouldn't move. Massive pay rise, bigger club, better league. Being 19 isn't an excuse either. 

There's been interest from other big clubs as well, might be he fancies one of those more. Still not even sure the delay is down to him, have all parties agreed on the price and payment structure etc?

Are we going to start him consistently as a striker? If the answer is yes then I can’t see him not coming here, if no then he might be better staying where he is to develop for another season or 2. Looks a talent but a very raw one.

I think we need to remember how big a decision this is for such a young man to make. As with all the hot prospects we've signed and have made it through our youth system, Hugo does need to consider whether or not he fancies spending his mid-20s at Newcastle Benfield.