Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Just now, Andy said:

Don't agree with Luke that it's a luxury buy, like. Another attacking player would make things look a lot more comfortable. 

Lingard would make more sense imo. But I still would be chuffed if Ekitike was brought in. I'm greedy and want both. :lol:

Just now, Pixelphish said:

Probably the most positive i've ever seen Edwards about anything NUFC related that still hangs in the balance.

For that reason the deals already dead.

Positive when there's negativity on NUFC Twitter - negative when there's positivity. Regular as clockwork

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Lingard would make more sense imo. But I still would be chuffed if Ekitike was brought in. I'm greedy and want both. :lol:

Same, both would be just immense. Perhaps leaving Almiron to get a loan deal for the time being to make some room.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It does seem perfectly reasonable that if a fee was agreed this morning there's still work to do at lunch time. It's the Twitter ITK accounts that are resorting to the default negativity.

A fee probably wasn’t agreed. Reporters are back tracking now 

Just now, Haz said:

Downie saying it might be logistically impossible for him to get here by the time he decides.

Yeah, if he waits until 10:30 it’ll be impossible. Before that though? Nah. 

Edited by clintdempsey
Spelling

We need to set a deadline to him like. He can be brought over fairly sharp if needs be but the initial decision needs to be made.

Big jump for a youngin, and we aren't exactly glitz (yet)

12 minutes ago, Andy said:

Contacting the players agents first to see if there'd be any interest in joining is usually how all deals work these days, from what I gather. 

I'm sure that's true, but that is tapping up according to the rules. No approach can be made to an under contract player, either directly or through an agent, without the club's permission.

If reports are true it sounds like we might have been particularly blatant about it, with loads of reports of us actually agreeing personal terms with players before a fee has been agreed.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Reims is near Paris isn't it? Be around a hour and a half flight?

We’ve apparently already got people in France who were trying to get the deal done, he can do the medical and formalities there.

Downie talking shit to get people TUNED IN LIVE to Sky.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I can’t see how he hasn’t had enough time to decide already considering he’s been linked with the move all month.

If he's having doubts at this stage then I think he'll probably decide against. It is a big jump, maybe he would rather wait a year and see who comes in then.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ve apparently already got people in France who were trying to get the deal done, he can do the medical and formalities there.

Downie talking shit to get people TUNED IN LIVE to Sky.

Saying something negative about the deal is less likely to get me to tune in tbh