Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

My hot take is - good. 

He had a chance to back his talent and make a big move. If he really thinks he can't break into a team in our position he's not the one we want or need. I wouldn't want a player that needs his arm twisting to join this project.

Just now, gdm said:

Funny this is quite a common view on here but I get abuse for saying it :lol:

You, and others, get grief for posting constant negativity from a place of very little knowledge, not just for worrying about Wood not being enough.

If Lingard or another forward doesn’t come, it can’t be claimed we’ve done good business up top by anyone sensible.

11 minutes ago, Thiago said:

My hot take is - good. 

He had a chance to back his talent and make a big move. If he really thinks he can't break into a team in our position he's not the one we want or need. I wouldn't want a player that needs his arm twisting to join this project.

My hot take is different: Chris Wood is starting for us.

It's not a good situation, regardless of the strengthening of the rest of the side.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

You, and others, get grief for posting constant negativity from a place of very little knowledge, not just for worrying about Wood not being enough.

If Lingard or another forward doesn’t come, it can’t be claimed we’ve done good business up top by anyone sensible.

But those posting blinding positivity get their knowledge from an unknown fountain?

I don’t even think anyone is unnecessarily negative. People are balanced. I’m overjoyed with the Trippier and Bruno signing but disappointed with the other deals. That’s balance and taking each one on it’s merits.

We have journalists following the club providing a similar mindset, yet they’re obviously all wrong too.

That said our squad is more than good enough to stay up, if it doesn’t that’ll be a failing of Howe imo.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

What are you talking about I think I’ve been fair and it’s a view shared by many. I’ll say it again 

trippier class. Bruno exceptional, burn decent albeit down the list. targett an upgrade and wood not good enough. Hardly ultra negative is it. 

as far as knowledge goes. I know we’ve won 2 games and both 1-0. I know we’ve led 1-0 in games like Watford and Man Utd and lost the lead without building on it. If we get a decent an attacking option I’ll be very happy with the window. Look In the Etikite thread I was delighted when we had agreed a fee. Again hardly ultra negative. The only thing I’ve not been happy with is link to nketiah and signing of wood. Not exactly worth abuse is it?

Edited by gdm

It's fair enough tbh. Big move, new league, new country, new language etc and we're still very much in the shit. 

I do think he might just regret it in a few years time but we'll have to see. Move on. 

12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

But those posting blinding positivity get their knowledge from an unknown fountain?

I don’t even think anyone is unnecessarily negative. People are balanced. I’m overjoyed with the Trippier and Bruno signing but disappointed with the other deals. That’s balance and taking each one on it’s merits.

We have journalists following the club providing a similar mindset, yet they’re obviously all wrong too.

That said our squad is more than good enough to stay up, if it doesn’t that’ll be a failing of Howe imo.

There are just some, like you and gdm, who take any opportunity to jump on the negative news and provide an utterly banal analysis of it like "oh that's worrying", "we should have done X', "I said we'd regret this", etc. If you're just a pair of miserable fuckers, that's fair enough, but I don't think I'm incorrect here in saying you're not "unnecessarily negative".

1 minute ago, Rich said:

There are just some, like you and gdm, who take any opportunity to jump on the negative news and provide an utterly banal analysis of it like "oh that's worrying", "we should have done X', "I said we'd regret this", etc. If you're just a pair of miserable fuckers, that's fair enough, but I don't think I'm incorrect here in saying you're not "unnecessarily negative".

Sorry mate but you are talking absolute shite. The only 2 things I’ve not been positive about are wood & nketiah. I’m happy with everything else. The only thing I think we currently need is another forward which most of the forum is saying. So again you are talking shite

Edited by gdm

Can't really blame the kid, he's 19 would have to come into a new league, learn a new language, and fight and scrap for everything, and not be guaranteed a starting spot. Where he is now, he is getting constant game time, knows the area and his surroundings, and can improve on his game. Think for him personally he made the right call, obviously gutted we didn't get him. 

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

What are you talking about I think I’ve been fair and it’s a view shared by many. I’ll say it again 

trippier class. Bruno exceptional, burn decent albeit down the list. targett an upgrade and wood not good enough. Hardly ultra negative is it. 

as far as knowledge goes. I know we’ve won 2 games and both 1-0. I know we’ve led 1-0 in games like Watford and Man Utd and lost the lead without building on it. If we get a decent an attacking option I’ll be very happy with the window. Look In the Etikite thread I was delighted when we had agreed a fee. Again hardly ultra negative. The only thing I’ve not been happy with is link to nketiah and signing of wood. Not exactly worth abuse is it?

Not worthy of abuse, nah, but a bit of grief/poking? Sure.

For a solid example, you were moaning about Burn earlier because you thought he was a left-back. That, to me, is just moaning for the sake of moaning, as it's coming from a place of ignorance and a lack of knowledge. Takes a minute to go and look to see where he's played on Transfermarkt, which might have led to you thinking "ah well, that's alright then", rather than posting yet more guff.