Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

34 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Respectfully, this is nonsense. We have a lot of dafties, as all clubs do, but how you can say the fan base is collectivity the least creative after this season, I just have no idea.

Other clubs regularly nick our songs as well.

Maybe creative was the wrong word to use. I do hear some great efforts at new chants, away games in the pub or on the bus are full of them. However, nothing that isn’t simple catches on amongst the wider fanbase. You hear some of the Liverpool or Man Utd efforts, everyone is getting involved with them, but that doesn’t happen with us. The only songs you ever hear go round all of SJP are the older ones that we’ve had for years.

Our fanbase can’t even get the words to Blaydon Races right!

However, as I said creative was the wrong word. Our home support has been immense since the takeover and Wor Flags have been more creative than any fan group with similar intentions in the UK. In fact they have inspired Everton and the Mackems, and probably more (although they’ll never admit that), and we should be proud of the cauldron of noise SJP has become. 

He played on the right today against Argentina. He's tall and mobile a bit like Abraham. He did miss a relatively easy chance after a ball across the box, i think he thought the French player in front of him would score so he was a bit surprised when the ball got to him. Nice assist for the first goal. He's obviously very young but with good coaching and patience he's an interesting prospect. The French team looked full of good players and they hammered the Argentinians.

47 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Shame on everyone, George Hannah scored our last winning goal in a FA Cup Final. Let’s hope it’s an omen.

If we're doing palindromes, what about the one who got away?  Not sure if trialists count, but Massimo Oddo (yes, that one) was at NUFC on trial a couple of decades back.   Had a canny career afterwards, so I understand

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would you not be slightly concerned relying on Wilson being fit the whole season again ? 

I would be. One injury away from being forced to start an unproven kid or Wood is quite dissapointing, especially when the narrative was we'd be looking to sign a marquee striker. 

ASM can't stay fit a whole season either so it leaves us quite thing uptop if we only bring in a RW on top of this. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Well, the manager signed Chris Wood, and so he will be making use of him.

I do think we are going to transition to more of a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 to have someone play in behind the main striker , which should help Wood improve, as he cannot play upfront by himself, which is why his best at Burnley was with Barnes doing all the link up play.

Literally the wealthiest club in the world and you’re making a case for Chris Wood to figure, man.[emoji38] He’ll be 4th choice at best next season or out the door. 

1 hour ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Hugo Hugo Hugo is a great chant 

Aye takes me straight back to Viana. We’d just savage another player’s chant anyway like the Joelinton one so might as well be that.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

41 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

How does everyone feel blowing half the budget on him?

Not sure if that's tongue in cheek, we could spend 4x that tbh, but I think the only reason we are getting him is because we are gambling on him coming good. There might have been plenty of big clubs sniffing around, but maybe not prepared to spend that much on a prospect. I'm just going off what I've seen on Youtube, but I am more than happy to spend that much, he looks the real deal.

Just one caveat though, I haven't seen him shooting from distance so I suppose there might be a question mark over how well he strikes the ball.

43 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

How does everyone feel blowing half the budget on him?

I think the budget thing is a lie that they've decided to peddle to keep things sensible.

FFP is over 3 seasons so they can spend big right now and then rectify that by upping revenue over the next 3 years etc.

They're being tactical to keep fees and expectations as low as possible and it probably is working to some degree seeing as many believe the lie.

Maybe i'm wrong of course, but I have a feeling we'll spend over 100 mil this Summer, possibly more.

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not sure if that's tongue in cheek, we could spend 4x that tbh, but I think the only reason we are getting him is because we are gambling on him coming good. There might have been plenty of big clubs sniffing around, but maybe not prepared to spend that much on a prospect. I'm just going off what I've seen on Youtube, but I am more than happy to spend that much, he looks the real deal.

Just one caveat though, I haven't seen him shooting from distance so I suppose there might be a question mark over how well he strikes the ball.

His last goal was a well struck shot from outside the box 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

His last goal was a well struck shot from outside the box 

I have only seen snatches on Youtube tbf. If we're signing him I'll probably do some proper research, but yeah hopefully he's got a canon shot to go with the rest of it.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

Literally the wealthiest club in the world and you’re making a case for Chris Wood to figure, man.[emoji38] He’ll be 4th choice at best next season or out the door. 

Nah this is it for this summer I think, Wilson, Ekitike, Wood in that order.

47 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye takes me straight back to Viana. We’d just savage another player’s chant anyway like the Joelinton one so might as well be that.

It'll be the Ameobi chant I reckon.