Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

14 minutes ago, Beth said:

He obviously does not want to come here so just let him be unless we want another Cabella/Thauvin scenario.

Who would have thought you’d be posting your usually negativity :lol:

Edited by r0cafella

52 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's so obvious that he doesn't want to come, that he's agreed to a five year contract and his agents have held more positive talks. It'll be class if he takes a while to bed in and starts getting the ASM treatment. Best fans in the world.

Im not sure he’s agreed to a contract yet mind.

Where’s this? 

When it comes to contract agreements, surely there are different stages of agreement? For example, Ekitike might be fine with 5 years, so he's agreed to that, he might also be fine with the wages offer but there may be some wrangling with the bonuses or with agent compensation etc.

It can take time to sort out the fine details and there's no real rush, if we are honest 

48 minutes ago, STM said:

When it comes to contract agreements, surely there are different stages of agreement? For example, Ekitike might be fine with 5 years, so he's agreed to that, he might also be fine with the wages offer but there may be some wrangling with the bonuses or with agent compensation etc.

It can take time to sort out the fine details and there's no real rush, if we are honest 

Yes perfectly possible he's said that is fine can we haggle out details later sort of thing and told agent to stop looking at other offers

Fact of the matter is the only people with an incentive to get this done quickly is us, we could say accept now or it's gone, but what good is that if he says fine, i'll wait? He as a promising young player will have plenty of offers. He has no need to hurry, it's not a summer with a world cup where everyone wants to get business done quick before that gets in way or anything. 

2 hours ago, STM said:

:thup:

That article about transfers from the Athletic suggests that basic terms are agreed between the buying club and the players agent (usually via WhatsApp!) then a bid is put to the selling club. Makes sense that the headline terms have been agreed but the finer details still need to be sorted, which the player may want to put on hold until the U20s tournament has finished. 

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Fact of the matter is the only people with an incentive to get this done quickly is us, we could say accept now or it's gone, but what good is that if he says fine, i'll wait? He as a promising young player will have plenty of offers. He has no need to hurry, it's not a summer with a world cup where everyone wants to get business done quick before that gets in way or anything. 

It's not like we are desperate to get it done either though. He's a promising young player, and I imagine we'll offer him a package which most other clubs will find hard to match, along with the prospect of plenty of first team football on the big stage. The only other clubs who can offer him a similar financial package are CL clubs who will probably see him as a bench warmer. If he still would rather be somewhere else then we'll have alternatives lined up.

I don't see why it would need to be or how you could do so? If not a loan deal it would I instead just be structured with installments. Ultimately it will catch up with you anyway if you overspend or buy badly regardless of when the fee is paid.

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I can't believe that the loan to buy crack hasn't been clamped down on for FFP

Im' not sure how much difference it makes in the long term.  Money has to go out at some point, buys a little time to work out a plan to get more money in I guess.  Unless I am wrong

22 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I can't believe that the loan to buy crack hasn't been clamped down on for FFP

All its doing is offsetting the cost to the end of the season. While it looks good short term, if revenue drops before the loan becomes permanent I can imagine it could leave some clubs in a very tough financial situation, as the next year's transfer budget has already been spent.

Just now, wiseman said:

All its doing is offsetting the cost to the end of the season. While it looks good short term, if revenue drops before the loan becomes permanent I can imagine it could leave some clubs in a very tough financial situation, as the next year's transfer budget has already been spent.

Our revenue will only go up from here. No more Sabotage from fat Mike. 

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

I don't see why it would need to be or how you could do so? If not a loan deal it would I instead just be structured with installments. Ultimately it will catch up with you anyway if you overspend or buy badly regardless of when the fee is paid.

It delays amortisation going through the P&L for a year, on the assumption that when the player is signed revenue will be higher and we’ll have more scope to spend under FFP.

Instalments are irrelevant to FFP though. Whether you agree to pay a transfer fee upfront or staggered over 50 years - makes no difference, FFP is about accounting measures not cash transfers.