Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Looks in good shape tbh, but how can you judge his fitness if h's not wearing football boots?

Mate, he’s just been injured. That’s why he was wearing his heeling boots. I’m sorry…

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Mate, he’s just been injured. That’s why he was wearing his heeling boots. I’m sorry…

Yeah, understandable he's reclining on the sofa considering, so good point. Needs rest and recuperation.

"Talks taking place," is always an absolute cracker.

Talks have taken place between Newcastle and probably 30+ clubs/agents/players since the end of the season.

When someone says "x player to undergo medical in x hours", that's a story. The rest is vague hot air aimed at getting followers and clicks.

BTW, Newcastle twitter is perfect place to exploit if you want a quick following and plenty of views. Literally nobody does any due diligence on the credibility of a story, they just quote it and move on.

There is no saga.

There’s just journalists and twitter morons posting shite to try to stay relevant.

Do yourself and your mental health a favour folks and stay off twitter. 

Fans are just as bad if not worse, so many really demanding and impatient during a transfer window. 

The positive is the injury isn't as bad as appeared and it's not putting us off from trying to complete the deal still. 

8 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Their jobs depend on the clicks, they’re always going to spew some mildly believable shit but also contradict themselves if needed.

Yep, this is why it’s important no to get caught up in it. It’ll send you loopy and before you know it we’re hating on the club for not getting deals done. When it’s probably not even true in the first place.

I’m pretty sure Edwards just posts contradictory nonsense on purpose in order to get clicks. I wouldn’t trust a thing he said personally. 

Of course he’ll get things right but I’ll bet he’s never the first to report it and is just jumping on the bandwagon for yet more clicks. 

Edited by LV

I miss being a kid in the 90's. Lack of proper internet and, y'kna, being 9-12 meant that one day I just woke up and we had signed Ginola or Ferdinand. Lived in blissful ignorance till it was actually done. Feel like the first transfer 'saga' I vaguely remember being aware of was Shearer.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

I miss being a kid in the 90's. Lack of proper internet and, y'kna, being 9-12 meant that one day I just woke up and we had signed Ginola or Ferdinand. Lived in blissful ignorance till it was actually done. Feel like the first transfer 'saga' I vaguely remember being aware of was Shearer.

Probably early 2000s but being abroad for a week or two and getting papers a day late to see who we were linked to.

Think I remember talking my dad into buying the paper when Kluivert signed even though I’d already read it in the Spanish shop. 

This lad will be signed soon I reckon. Would be nice to get him in.

Think if we spend money on him we’ll go into the season with Wilson, Ekitike and Wood.

Not ideal with Wilson’s injury record but hopefully Ekitike is good enough/fit enough to keep Wood away from the team.

Seems a bit ridiculous to be worried about only having two good striker options when we barely had one under Ashley. Feels good to be spoilt already.