Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I'd think a player like him would want to stay til the summer now for a shot at some minutes in the League Cup final, and a first, almost certainly only, trophy - even if minutes are limited.

He might be the last largely lower league journeyman we sign and have regularly playing for us for a good while now if we keep on the up. Farewell. 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

I have nothing but admiration for Chris Wood’s character, but at the same time I’m very glad to see the back of him now with the prospect of bringing in a player of higher potential and/or ability. On balance I accept his time with us was a relative success as he contributed to making us hard to beat, even though from an offensive point of view he was clearly not quite up to scratch.

Edited by Unbelievable
Typo

6 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I have nothing but admiration for Chris Wood’s character, but at the same time I’m very glaf to see the back of him now with the prospect of bringing in a player of higher potential and/or ability. On balance I accept his time with us was a relative success as he contributed to making us hard to beat, even though from an offensive point of view he was clearly not quite up to scratch.

Sums it up. 

Just now, Away Toon said:

BBC are reporting a loan with an option to buy not even an obligation if if if and if various things happen. Probably back in the summer

Well, clearly they are wrong because both clubs have officially confirmed an obligation to buy, albeit conditional in Forest’s announcement

3 hours ago, Wandy said:

Nottingham Forest is delighted to announce the signing of Chris Wood from Newcastle United.

The striker joins on loan for the remainder of the season with a conditional obligation to become a permanent deal until the summer of 2024

So his loan is till the end of the season....and then after that they have to give him a 1 year contract? Sounds completely bizarre. When did his contract with us run to?

It's a conditional obligation. If they are not met they dont have to do fuck all.

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

BBC are reporting a loan with an option to buy not even an obligation if if if and if various things happen. Probably back in the summer

And on the complete off chance he comes back, we’ll offload him somewhere else. No bother.

42 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

:lol:

He was the same as he always is. 

Dont think its anything to :lol: for. He was by no means angry, but he was clear in his speach. Its late in the window, the transfer came as a surprise couple of days ago. Clearly didnt want to reorganize the team as he praised Wood, but as he said the player wanted the move and the money offered made it difficult to turn down. 

Edited by nufc123

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Dont think its anything to :lol: for. He was by no means angry, but he was clear in his speach. Its late in the window, the transfer came as a surprise couple of days ago. Clearly didnt want to reorganize the team as he praised Wood, but as he said the player wanted the move and the money offered made it difficult to turn down. 

I thought you were insinuating that he was pissed off that the club had sold Wood, apologies if not the case. I watched the press conference and didn’t get that impression at all. He always plays his cards close to his chest, since day one he’s always used words like “hopefully” and never made promises with regards to transfers.

He said that the decision to do anything doesn’t just sit with him, but it gets discussed by a number of people. The fact he was talking about signing a different type of player to Wood as the team has progressed and grown since even the start of the season speaks volumes imo. 

He also spoke about not just signing someone for the rest of the season, but someone that is going to make a big difference. Like everything the owners have done since they came, excluding probably the Wood signing, there will be a clear plan. 

Edited by Danh1

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:
4 hours ago, nufc123 said:

He wasnt happy thats for sure

:lol:

He was the same as he always is. 

Just watched this and I think you're both right, fwiw. You can tell losing a first team player without having a replacement absolutely wasnt on his radar until this bid came in, but he also accepts the reality of it and handled it as he handles every other question with mint, boring logic.