Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

On 23/05/2022 at 05:26, Inferior Acuña said:

He seems a bit rubbish now, but that must be cos he's on decline (or in a bad patch). Double figures in the PL for Burnley the last 4 seasons isn't rubbish (and the year before that was 27 in the Championship).

He was poorer than my fairly low expectations, but the team he was part of did a great job, so I think he deserves some credit for that. Think it's already time to move on though, if we're pushing on can't see he's shown enough to even be a back-up. Watching the goal he scored against us for Leeds in the Championship  can't even really imagine that now.

I agree with you, it was a tongue in cheek comment to be fair. I was at that game viewing it from that angle too. Heartbreaking wasn't it as we wanted a nice clean win to end the season.

1 minute ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Interesting to read this on the been website - re team reviews of the season - in Burnley's review - 

Player whose time is up: Wout Weghorst. Turns out he wasn't a superior Chris Wood after all.

Hmm, and we think Woods is a square peg in a round hole.

If they want Wood back…

Guest neesy111

Football must be like the 3rd of 4th choice sport in new Zealand.  Rugby union and cricket will be above football.

Could have a role to play next season. If we're winning comfortably, bringing him on to protect Wilson, or a new signing, would be a sensible move. Getting rid means we need two new forwards which might push the budget too far. Dunno. Until I see signings I'm sticking with evolution, not revolution.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Could have a role to play next season. If we're winning comfortably, bringing him on to protect Wilson, or a new signing, would be a sensible move. Getting rid means we need two new forwards which might push the budget too far. Dunno. Until I see signings I'm sticking with evolution, not revolution.

Fully agree , we will see him .

15 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

Not really, in a recent survey of men in New Zealand only 86 out of 2.4 million actually played football.

Must be a shit survey as when I was living there from 2017-2020 the Saturday Over 35s competition I played in just for North Shore and West Auckland was 5 divisions of at least 10 teams in each. The under 35s and over 40s leagues also had similar set ups for both Saturday and Sunday. 

If we signed a top striker, and a young prospect like Ekitike, he'd be like fourth choice. 

He's definitely watching football, I think it would be sensible for Burnley to take him back on loan or, have asked for a buy back.

On 29/05/2022 at 11:28, PeepShow4life said:

Don't see the point in keeping him if he blatantly isn't good enough. Would rather give a kid a chance as third choice striker or stick Joelinton up front.

Hopefully we will sign a winger who can cover up front too.

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than see us play a midfielder or winger up front. We need to replace Wood with a proper 9. As it stands, only Wilson is a 9 who is able to play at PL level. We need to buy two more 9s as our top priority.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

Just now, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than see us play a midfielder or winger up front. We need to replace Wood with a proper 9. As it stands, only Wilson is a 9 who is able to play at PL level. We need to buy two more 9s as our top prio.

Not a fan of Guardiola’s tactics then?