Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

4 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Going up against that Chelsea back lines a different kettle of fish as you say but he’s played full 90 for the last 10 games or so.

it is. His passing was the biggest issue though as he misplaced most of them. Even simple ones time after time.

I was watching him yesterday and he is absolutely integral to the high press, barking orders at Almiron and Murphy on when to move. Watch him next time and you'll see what am talking about.

Don't think any of our players were amazing yesterday, we were up against very good opposition and we matched them for 99% of the match.

Chris Wood is sacrificing himself for the team, he's got the right attitude and his work rate is second to none in this side. I would not take him out of the side even when Wilson returns.

28 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I was watching him yesterday and he is absolutely integral to the high press, barking orders at Almiron and Murphy on when to move. Watch him next time and you'll see what am talking about.

Don't think any of our players were amazing yesterday, we were up against very good opposition and we matched them for 99% of the match.

Chris Wood is sacrificing himself for the team, he's got the right attitude and his work rate is second to none in this side. I would not take him out of the side even when Wilson returns.

His pressing is more evident when you are at the ground, no complaints at all on that score, but you still need to be a good footballer to be in a decent side. He's not.

1 hour ago, wormy said:

:lol: I respect what he's doing for the team but keeping him ahead of a fit Wilson is madness.

I didn't say i'd keep Wilson out for him, what i mean is when Wilson comes back in, let him play on the right side of the front 3.

We're stronger with Wood in the team

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I didn't say i'd keep Wilson out for him, what i mean is when Wilson comes back in, let him play on the right side of the front 3.

We're stronger with Wood in the team

Fair. :thup: Can see that being worth a go unless Fraser's still on his tear.

If we're going to be playing with a back 3 then we could well have 2 up top, so no reason Wood/Wilson wouldn't be a partnership for the last few games this season. Takes alot of the burden of Wood playing as a sole striker and allows Wilson to play off him without having to do all the chasing like he did early season.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Aye. When Wilson is back let’s sacrifice one of Fraser and ASM, who score and create goals and shoe-horn Wood in because he runs around a lot and shouts things at people.

’kin hell. I know he seems like a decent lad, but he’s absolutely shite.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not one person is denying that his work rate or attitude is anything but top notch. Not one person is denying that he’s doing the pressing and all that well.

it’s about his poor passing and ball control. If you watched him closely last night then you would have seen that he misplaced mos passes, even ridiculously easy ones. 

Also not dropping him for Wilson? Gtfo :lol:

Edited by Ikon

I respect Wood and what he is doing (a good teamplayer), but fact is - he is our weakest link. 

Hardly a goal threat - imagine (if in topform) how Wilson would have performed the last ten games.

Much better at everything and would probably have scored least 3-4 goals. 

I've been thinking of Gayle needing to start ahead of him and wanting to say before his Southampton goal 

Yeah he's reverted back to shit. I'd definitely start Gayle ahead of this useless lump of shit

I've seen people trying to stick up for him. Don't know why he wins fuck all in the air, he doesn't hold the ball and he's totally shit as an attacking force. Fucking 25 million for a total plank is mental 

Edited by et tu brute